Great Day to be a Badger

Started by crossface21, May 11, 2024, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 08, 2024, 02:25:00 PMTyson "T-Money" Waughtel?

He already signed and is from Indiana
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

walden_hiker

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: walden_hiker on June 08, 2024, 08:48:09 PMCaleb Dennee

Caleb's Instagram photo shows football and wrestling
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

dad 2 5

Wisconsin Badgers Wrestling program secured the 2025 commitment of in-state wrestler – Freedom High School Peter Tomazevic!

from the web so it has to be true

Hungus

Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 09, 2024, 03:47:42 PMWisconsin Badgers Wrestling program secured the 2025 commitment of in-state wrestler – Freedom High School Peter Tomazevic!

from the web so it has to be true

That's a few weeks old.
You're killing me Smalls!!!

wrestle03

Yes, a few weeks old and FAR from any sort of huge signing and or announcement.  Another "hype" post by Bono.

head57

Quote from: wrestle03 on June 11, 2024, 10:52:50 AMYes, a few weeks old and FAR from any sort of huge signing and or announcement.  Another "hype" post by Bono.

He literally does it for every single commitment. Pretty much every sport for UW goes something similar.

Grow up.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

BadgerOne

Quote from: head57 on June 11, 2024, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: wrestle03 on June 11, 2024, 10:52:50 AMYes, a few weeks old and FAR from any sort of huge signing and or announcement.  Another "hype" post by Bono.

He literally does it for every single commitment. Pretty much every sport for UW goes something similar.

Grow up.
I just checked X.com and it appears Bono is the only UW coach that says "great day to be a Badger" over and over.  Fickel doesn't say it-he says "Committed!"  Huge difference.  Given how few elite prospects Bono has landed, especially in Wisconsin, when UW is the only D1 School in the state, I find it a bit distasteful for Bono to hype up his recruiting.  I really can't find fault with someone who chooses to call Bono a Hypster, Used-Car Salesman or Blowhard.

bigoil

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 11, 2024, 08:22:51 PM

Grow up.
I just checked X.com and it appears Bono is the only UW coach that says "great day to be a Badger" over and over.  Fickel doesn't say it-he says "Committed!"  Huge difference.  Given how few elite prospects Bono has landed, especially in Wisconsin, when UW is the only D1 School in the state, I find it a bit distasteful for Bono to hype up his recruiting.  I really can't find fault with someone who chooses to call Bono a Hypster, Used-Car Salesman or Blowhard.
How many other D1 football teams are in WI?

Other wrestling announcements:
Cowboy incoming 🤠

Always a great day when you add to the family.  #PantherTrain

BadgerOne

Quote from: bigoil on June 11, 2024, 09:06:03 PM

Grow up.

Cowboy incoming 🤠

The phrase "Cowboy Incoming" isn't hyping to me and Oklahoma State has won more titles than any program in the country.  Neither is Fickel's phrase "Committed."  While Northern Iowa's recruit announcement slogans are somewhat like Bono's, the additional verbiage "when you add to the family" makes it a bit milder.  Plus Doug Schwab seems more of a plaintalking, respected coach who has to compete for recruits in state with both Iowa and Iowa State and Schwab has done ok recruiting (Keckeisen alone is impressive).  I wish Bono would tone down the rhetoric.

Ghetto

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 11, 2024, 09:33:44 PM

Grow up.

Cowboy incoming 🤠

The phrase "Cowboy Incoming" isn't hyping to me and Oklahoma State has won more titles than any program in the country.  Neither is Fickel's phrase "Committed."  While Northern Iowa's recruit announcement slogans are somewhat like Bono's, the additional verbiage "when you add to the family" makes it a bit milder.  Plus Doug Schwab seems more of a plaintalking, respected coach who has to compete for recruits in state with both Iowa and Iowa State and Schwab has done ok recruiting (Keckeisen alone is impressive).  I wish Bono would tone down the rhetoric.

What could he say that is acceptable to you?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

BadgerOne

Quote from: Ghetto on June 11, 2024, 09:38:32 PM

Grow up.

Cowboy incoming 🤠

I prefer he say what the top schools say like Penn State or Iowa, which is pretty much nothing.  No need to hype it up.  But if he wants to say "Welcome aboard", "Committed" or "Badger Incoming", I would be fine with that.  I just get tired of his overuse of "great" ad nauseum, which renders the term meaningless when Bono says it.

npope

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 11, 2024, 09:47:18 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on June 11, 2024, 09:38:32 PM

Grow up.

Cowboy incoming 🤠

I prefer he say what the top schools say like Penn State or Iowa, which is pretty much nothing.  No need to hype it up.  But if he wants to say "Welcome aboard", "Committed" or "Badger Incoming", I would be fine with that.  I just get tired of his overuse of "great" ad nauseum, which renders the term meaningless when Bono says it.

Not liking the "level of energy" of the phrase "It's a great day to be a Badger" has is a bit nitpicky, quite honestly. It is a marketing catch-phrase and if the team improves its recruiting and team-finish results then the phrase will be welcomed into the home of all. Bono (and his marketing team) has a job to do - let's let them do it. Focus on tangible issues if you want to gripe about the state of the program - there's fertile, and more objective, ground there.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope