Great Day to be a Badger

Started by crossface21, May 11, 2024, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerOne

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on June 02, 2024, 06:11:49 PMAndy Smith if Virginia Tech, the wrestler he beat in the finals, is currently ranked 18th by wrestlestat
Good to know. Thanks!

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 02, 2024, 02:20:43 PMWhile I'm happy Endene won, I didn't recognize any names in his bracket.  Does anyone know if there were any NCAA (Division 1) qualifiers in the 97kg bracket.

I get what your saying here though while some of these names are not jumping off the brackets at you I will say there is some very good talent in that bracket. Maybe early in thier respective careers. I think it would be fair to look at the bracket in a couple of years to fully understand the talent in the bracket.

Does that make sense?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

aarons23

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 02, 2024, 05:44:17 PM
Quote from: walden_hiker on June 02, 2024, 04:22:38 PM
Quote from: aarons23 on June 02, 2024, 03:49:30 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on June 02, 2024, 02:20:43 PMWhile I'm happy Endene won, I didn't recognize any names in his bracket.  Does anyone know if there were any NCAA (Division 1) qualifiers in the 97kg bracket.

I truly feel sorry for you. You do nothing but bring negativity here.  If this state and team makes you so angry that you can speak nothing but negativity... don't come here!  Go some where where you can be positive and not so angry!
+1

Asking a question about the level of competition is being negative??  I think Endene is a good wrestler but it helps to know the level of competition to gauge expectations.  You make personal attacks, which are unquestionably negative and untrue.  Go look in a mirror.

Please show me these personal attacks.  You have constantly attacked the Badger coaches, badgers wrestlers and anyone who has a different opinion of them than you.  You truly seem pretty angry and for that I truly feel sorry for you.  If it's the Badger Wrestling program that you feel have caused it, just stay away.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

BadgerOne

Quote from: aarons23 on June 02, 2024, 07:20:44 PM

I truly feel sorry for you. You do nothing but bring negativity here.  If this state and team makes you so angry that you can speak nothing but negativity... don't come here!  Go some where where you can be positive and not so angry!
+1

Asking a question about the level of competition is being negative??  I think Endene is a good wrestler but it helps to know the level of competition to gauge expectations.  You make personal attacks, which are unquestionably negative and untrue.  Go look in a mirror.

Please show me these personal attacks.  You have constantly attacked the Badger coaches, badgers wrestlers and anyone who has a different opinion of them than you.  You truly seem pretty angry and for that I truly feel sorry for you.  If it's the Badger Wrestling program that you feel have caused it, just stay away.
You make false statements again.  If you don't understand that you have made personal attacks, I can't help you.  I pity you too LOL.  I am no longer a big Bono fan (I once liked him but I am not a fan of the way he has treated people and think he's been a disappointment as a coach), but so what?  He no longer has earned my admiration.  But just because I am not Bono's biggest fan, you say I hate Wisconsin, I hate other coaches and hate other wrestlers.  That's just BS you made up.  The difference between me and you is that I don't seek to attack other posters because I disagree with what they say unless that person first attacks me.  Anyway, have a good day and lighten up.

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on June 02, 2024, 07:10:43 PM

I get what your saying here though while some of these names are not jumping off the brackets at you I will say there is some very good talent in that bracket. Maybe early in thier respective careers. I think it would be fair to look at the bracket in a couple of years to fully understand the talent in the bracket.

Does that make sense?
Sure, I hadn't heard of any of the guys and just didn't want to have to plug every name into Flo or Wrestlestat to see if they were ranked or had been at NCAAs.  It looks like Endene's final and semifinal opponents were decent wrestlers so that is encouraging.  I agree with those that say 197 is pretty wide open outside of the top two or three guys, so maybe Endene can make some noise at NCAAs. We'll see.

vsmf2010

Unless I am mistaken Endene will only get to wrestle at Worlds if Trumble declines the spot. I sure hope he gets a shot.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Mo Endene's semifinal opponent, Nick Stemmet, is ranked 20th on WrestleStat.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

aarons23

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 03, 2024, 01:00:12 AM

+1

You make false statements again.  If you don't understand that you have made personal attacks, I can't help you.  I pity you too LOL.  I am no longer a big Bono fan (I once liked him but I am not a fan of the way he has treated people and think he's been a disappointment as a coach), but so what?  He no longer has earned my admiration.  But just because I am not Bono's biggest fan, you say I hate Wisconsin, I hate other coaches and hate other wrestlers.  That's just BS you made up.  The difference between me and you is that I don't seek to attack other posters because I disagree with what they say unless that person first attacks me.  Anyway, have a good day and lighten up.

Again show me where I attacked anyone.  I haven't.  You have attacked the coaches.. made accusations about them.  No you don't come out and attack the wrestlers... but you continually make snide comments like... I'm glad for this wrestler... but who did he wrestle.  You constantly make comments about new recruits and question their abilities and accomplishments. You should take your own advice and lighten up.  Have a good day.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Harris

I'm very excited about the Endende result and it should help his confidence jumping to D1.  Can't wait to see how his year turns out and really happy he chose the Badgers.

BadgerOne

Quote from: aarons23 on June 03, 2024, 02:26:25 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on June 03, 2024, 01:00:12 AM

+1

Again show me where I attacked anyone.  I haven't.  You have attacked the coaches.. made accusations about them.  No you don't come out and attack the wrestlers... but you continually make snide comments like... I'm glad for this wrestler... but who did he wrestle.  You constantly make comments about new recruits and question their abilities and accomplishments. You should take your own advice and lighten up.  Have a good day.
Other than being critical of Bono, I just think your original and subsequent posts are way off base and I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you.  But anyway, I guess your initial post to me was intended as a love post.  Oh, I'm so sorry, that I perceived your lovey dovey kissy poo post as being hostile towards me.  My bad 100 times over.

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 03, 2024, 01:14:43 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on June 02, 2024, 07:10:43 PM

Does that make sense?
Sure, I hadn't heard of any of the guys and just didn't want to have to plug every name into Flo or Wrestlestat to see if they were ranked or had been at NCAAs.  It looks like Endene's final and semifinal opponents were decent wrestlers so that is encouraging.  I agree with those that say 197 is pretty wide open outside of the top two or three guys, so maybe Endene can make some noise at NCAAs. We'll see.

I can say I am very familiar with some of the wrestlers from 86 to 125 in both U20 and U23 ;D you can take my word or not!

Happy for this kid. Just transfered and maybe a world teamer!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

BadgerOne

Quote from: leg turk on June 07, 2024, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: walden_hiker on June 07, 2024, 05:10:35 PMhttps://x.com/jon_reader/status/1799198515014369501?s=46

Let's hope it IS big, they need a lot of help.

It's a coaching addition.  Dillan Johnson needs someone to roll around with.  ;)

wrestle_4ever

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 07, 2024, 07:13:59 PM
Quote from: leg turk on June 07, 2024, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: walden_hiker on June 07, 2024, 05:10:35 PMhttps://x.com/jon_reader/status/1799198515014369501?s=46

Let's hope it IS big, they need a lot of help.

It's a coaching addition.  Dillan Johnson needs someone to roll around with.  ;)

My guess is the great American hero flipped to UW. what else could be this BIG?!? Unless Koy is coming to Madison...
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes