Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

mkm13

Vir Fortis

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2022, 11:09:48 PM
Who is actually the best wrestler that Amos beat this year?

I thought he beat Cardenas...which TBH is why he wasn't in my bracket, but now I see he lost 3-1 in SV...which is basically the same as he loses to Warner or 32 Hoffman(7-5 SV).

I Don't know, I guess Foy? And he beat him a bunch of times. It's like once he believes he can beat you...he's good. Gotta just get past that. He walked Caffey out with that underhook that he should have scored with....but...still a Freshmen.

BuckyMatt

Also very important is who he lost to. Of his 11 losses, he lost to Warner (finalist), AA Bulsak 3 times, AA Schultz, AA Bastida, AA Hoffman, and a really really good Caffey.  The average points lost by on all of those was probably 1-2 points.  He is VERY VERY close.  When he turns that corner, he will be GREAT like we all know he can be!!

MNbadger

Amos is good and will become better.  Money would be on him being an AA next year.  Foy however should not be the bar.............
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 18, 2022, 11:33:41 PM

I thought he beat Cardenas...which TBH is why he wasn't in my bracket, but now I see he lost 3-1 in SV...which is basically the same as he loses to Warner or 32 Hoffman(7-5 SV).

I Don't know, I guess Foy? And he beat him a bunch of times. It's like once he believes he can beat you...he's good. Gotta just get past that. He walked Caffey out with that underhook that he should have scored with....but...still a Freshmen.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Harris

Quote from: MNbadger on March 19, 2022, 09:15:03 AM
Amos is good and will become better.  Money would be on him being an AA next year.  Foy however should not be the bar.............

Totally agree.

dad 2 5

Great job Austin! moves on to third/fourth place match!

dad 2 5

Dean needs the next take down!

neutral

It'll be interesting to see the rematch with Andonian ... who has looked really good.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

dad 2 5

Have to say the MI guys have really looked good and Amine surprised me with the win over Dean, who moves on the 5th/6th place match now

vsmf2010

Quote from: Harris on March 19, 2022, 09:35:20 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on March 19, 2022, 09:15:03 AM

Totally agree.

He has wins over 2 other qualifiers. He teched Cole Urbas of Penn who won 1 match at the NCAA's and he beat Jaron Smith who also had a win at the NCAA's.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Eric Barnett with the Fall!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

dad 2 5

dad 2 5

Great season Austin, fourth! what a come back!! Looking forward to next year with you wearing a W!!!

Army Ant

Overall a little disappointing showing for the badgers but not horrible. Seems like most guys finished a little below their seeds.

dad 2 5

Do we know what happened to Dean? Great season and looking forward to next season!