Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

CLC FAN

Just trying to pre-process my emotions lol... I feel like

5 AAs or up likely means 50 points or up means I'm feeling fantastic about the Badgers.

4 AAs could mean anything from mid 30s to mid 40s for points means I'm more happy with the direction of the program than with the outcome of this year's NCAAs and I'm still hungry to see us take a big step forward.

3 AAs.... if they are really high AAs this could have quite a sheen to it and get a lot of people excited... but I still think I'll be somewhere between meh and grrr about the program.  To get to the level of that annual Top 10 status (gotta be Missouri before you can dream about being Iowa/Penn St) we need those blood round wins and multiple semifinalists/finalsits...

Anything under 3 AAs has me wishing for a baseball season to focus on.

vsmf2010

Based purely on seeds the Badgers are projected to finish in 8th place with 36 points.

The results are below.

PLACE   SCHOOL   POINTS
1   Penn State   113
2   Michigan   96.5
3   Iowa   81.5
4   Arizona State   67.5
5   North Carolina State   60.5
6   Cornell   42
7   Ohio State   36.5
8   Wisconsin   36
9   Oklahoma State   35.5
10   Virginia Tech   34.5
11   Cal Poly   33
12   Iowa State   31
13   Missouri   29
14   Minnesota   28.5
15   Princeton   24.5
16   Nebraska   24
17   Pittsburgh   23.5
18   Stanford   23
18   Northwestern   23
20   Oregon State   21
21   Wyoming   19

onwisconsin

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 10, 2022, 11:42:50 AM
Based purely on seeds the Badgers are projected to finish in 8th place with 36 points.

The results are below.

PLACE   SCHOOL   POINTS
1   Penn State   113
2   Michigan   96.5
3   Iowa   81.5
4   Arizona State   67.5
5   North Carolina State   60.5
6   Cornell   42
7   Ohio State   36.5
8   Wisconsin   36
9   Oklahoma State   35.5
10   Virginia Tech   34.5
11   Cal Poly   33
12   Iowa State   31
13   Missouri   29
14   Minnesota   28.5
15   Princeton   24.5
16   Nebraska   24
17   Pittsburgh   23.5
18   Stanford   23
18   Northwestern   23
20   Oregon State   21
21   Wyoming   19

Thanks for posting this!  I'm going to be confident and say we are battle tested and will finish better than 8th.

Numbers

I would guess 7th to 10th.  My random guess is 9th.

Nice to be thinking top 10!

Scramble_king

Seems like Barnett, Hamiti, and Gomez are in good places. Can't say the same for Hilger or the others

Ghetto

Anyone need tickets to NCAAs? The downside is that you'll have to sit near me. The positive is that you'll be able to see your Badgers wrestle at NCAAs.

Email me.

wfbwrestling@mac.com
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Scramble_king on March 11, 2022, 10:02:29 AM
Seems like Barnett, Hamiti, and Gomez are in good places. Can't say the same for Hilger or the others
Hillgers path is manageable. He has beaten Elam in the past. He would then have Lewis Fernandes or a guy Fernandes lost to. He handled Fernandes earlier this season. 4th match would be against the loser of Davison or Stencel. Hillger beat Stencil at NCAAs last season and lost to Davison 4-3 this season. If he wins that match he would be in the blood round against most likely Jordan Wood or Gary Traub. I believe Hillger is 2-0 vs Traub in his career and Wood didn't AA last season.

Lots of competitive matches to make it to AA, but against guys he is either lost to by 1 or beaten. Davison is the only guy in the group who he has lost to. 

Gutwrench

I voted 3 AA's (Barnett, Gomez, Hamiti), but I'm hoping for top 15 or even top 10 for points.  We should get some points from several others even if they don't AA right?

FWIW....WIN magazine predicts Wisconsin to finish with 3 AA's and in 18th place.  Booooooooooo

vsmf2010

Quote from: Gutwrench on March 11, 2022, 01:33:35 PM
I voted 3 AA's (Barnett, Gomez, Hamiti), but I'm hoping for top 15 or even top 10 for points.  We should get some points from several others even if they don't AA right?

FWIW....WIN magazine predicts Wisconsin to finish with 3 AA's and in 18th place.  Booooooooooo

I would not put too much stock in the Win magazines predictions. They are predicting Gomez (3 seed) to finish 7th and Sasso (4 seed) to finish 2nd. They are also predicting Seabass to win and Eierman to finish 4th which is interesting considering they are both hurt.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 11, 2022, 02:34:44 PM

I would not put too much stock in the Win magazines predictions. They are predicting Gomez (3 seed) to finish 7th and Sasso (4 seed) to finish 2nd. They are also predicting Seabass to win and Eierman to finish 4th which is interesting considering they are both hurt.

Are they both hurt...or did they both protect their seeds? Eierman seemed to legitimately have a bad knee, but his MDF didn't hurt him, nor did Rivera's hurt him. Hard to tell how bad either are hurt. The one guy from that Tournament who looked like they were really battling through a serious injury were Kemerer with that shoulder.

That would be one incredible upset if Sasso makes it to the finals as the 4 seed on the same side as Yianni however...that's my biggest issue with those picks. Outside of Stevenson, I don't think anyone's odds are higher than Yianni's.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 13, 2022, 03:47:11 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 11, 2022, 02:34:44 PM

Are they both hurt...or did they both protect their seeds? Eierman seemed to legitimately have a bad knee, but his MDF didn't hurt him, nor did Rivera's hurt him. Hard to tell how bad either are hurt. The one guy from that Tournament who looked like they were really battling through a serious injury were Kemerer with that shoulder.

That would be one incredible upset if Sasso makes it to the finals as the 4 seed on the same side as Yianni however...that's my biggest issue with those picks. Outside of Stevenson, I don't think anyone's odds are higher than Yianni's.

I think Eiermans injury is pretty significant. He had the massive brace on and was in quite a bit of pain in his win in the quarters. Rumor is torn ACL. A little harder to tell with Seabass. He does not look the same but it could be less significant than a torn ACL.

wrestlingfan32

[/quote]

I think Eiermans injury is pretty significant. He had the massive brace on and was in quite a bit of pain in his win in the quarters. Rumor is torn ACL. A little harder to tell with Seabass. He does not look the same but it could be less significant than a torn ACL.
[/quote]

I read that Eireman did tear his ACL and Seabass had a knee surgery a week before Big 10's

wrastle63

Quote from: wrestlingfan32 on March 15, 2022, 11:35:06 PM

[/quote]

I read that Eireman did tear his ACL and Seabass had a knee surgery a week before Big 10's
[/quote]
Riveras was allegedly just a scope so much less serious.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 16, 2022, 06:12:42 AM
Quote from: wrestlingfan32 on March 15, 2022, 11:35:06 PM

[/quote]
Riveras was allegedly just a scope so much less serious.
[/quote]

100%! If it was a torn meniscus and he had a scope. He will feel great walking right out of the hospital. Could literally practice that same day.

onwisconsin

A few upsets already at 125.