PSU/WI

Started by MNbadger, January 22, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrestler133 on January 24, 2017, 12:57:53 PMI don't think they would let him in the fieldhouse as much as he would like to come in and split some nachos with me and enjoy some wrestling:)

Get a cane and some dark sunglasses and you will be good to go.

bkraus

Quote from: wrestler133 on January 24, 2017, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: imwi on January 24, 2017, 10:04:42 AM
Quote from: TripleOT on January 24, 2017, 09:34:29 AM
I have never been to a college dual and would like to go to this one. Where would I go to get info on place and time? Thanks

The meet is at the UW Field House (1450 Monroe St, Madison, WI 53706).  Start time is 7:00 PM.  As other posters have pointed out, print out a coupon and get in for $1.  After 6, you can park on the streets free but play close attention to the signs.

Here is a link to their website http://www.uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?path=wrestling

Is there a parking lot available that has security?

There's a real small lot on each side of the fieldhouse.  Not sure about security though.
Strive for Perfection

lizard king

I really hope the badgers show up.  3 wins would be good, but It would be great to keep other matches to just decisions.

leg turk

Quote from: lizard king on January 26, 2017, 08:02:34 AM
I really hope the badgers show up.  3 wins would be good, but It would be great to keep other matches to just decisions.

I really hope ALL the Badger starters are in the lineup.

wrastle63

As unlikely as it is for us to win all the swing matches. We could realistically win 5 matches ago PSU. 133,141, 165,197, and HWT. Now are all those going to happen probably not. Even if we did win all them we wouldn't win the dual because we will have decisions and they will have more bonus points. Would still be a good accomplishment to get 4 wins.

lizard king

I agree 4 wins would be very good, but the other matches need to be competitive.  In the Nebraska dual it just didn't seem like we had the fire in matches we were the under dog in.  At midlands ever match seemed to be a good one.  I would love to see that.

wrastle63

Yes but we do need to be realistic. There will be some bonus points they have Nolf, Nickal, Retherford, etc. Those guys will get bonus I would be happy to keep it to majors in some instances.

wrestler133

Quote from: Huckfinn on January 24, 2017, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: wrestler133 on January 24, 2017, 12:57:53 PMI don't think they would let him in the fieldhouse as much as he would like to come in and split some nachos with me and enjoy some wrestling:)

Get a cane and some dark sunglasses and you will be good to go.

Ha, yeah, I should try that.

TomM

Penn State hosts 4-star WR Mark Webb, who appears 'stuck' on Georgia, wrestlers face Wisconsin and more

Tough tests await Joseph, Nevills

Jim Carlson of Pennlive.com writes that two Penn State wrestlers,  Vincenzo Joseph (165) and Nick Nevills (285), face ample challenges when the top-ranked Lions visit Wisconsin on Friday.

The fourth-ranked Joseph (11-1), a redshirt freshman, takes on No. 3 Isaac Jordan (16-1), while Nevills (12-0), a redshirt sophomore who is also No. 4, faces No. 2 Connor Medbery (16-0).

Nevills is ready to roll, telling Carlson:

"It is a match I've wanted to wrestle for a little bit now. I'm looking forward to it. He's an offensive wrestler and that makes things more exciting and I'd rather wrestle someone who tries to wrestle back and tries to shoot and tries to score takedowns and stuff."
Joseph has won 10 straight matches, but Jordan was the NCAA runner-up last season. Still, Joseph told Carlson:

"I'm just excited to compete and see what I can do. It will be a good gauge this time of year to see where I'm at, but I just take it like every other match."

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/penn-state-hosts-mark-webb-appears-solid-commitment-georgia-wrestlers-face-wisconsin
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

lizard king

Glad to hear this.  I hope Medberry drops him on his head!

littleguy301

Winning 4 would be just incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Micah

Nevills is tough on top but Medbery should be able to take him down.  Medbery looks a lot stronger to me.  Too much manpower for Nevills.

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 26, 2017, 08:43:46 AM
As unlikely as it is for us to win all the swing matches. We could realistically win 5 matches ago PSU. 133,141, 165,197, and HWT. Now are all those going to happen probably not. Even if we did win all them we wouldn't win the dual because we will have decisions and they will have more bonus points. Would still be a good accomplishment to get 4 wins.

All five of those matches are very winnable.  If I had to bet I'd say they will get 4 - Guilibon is finding his footing.

I listened to the Penn State wrestling podcast "black shoe diaries".   Those boys think Joseph is gonna knock off Jordan.    Hah!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I am looking forward to the # 11 Hall vs. # 24 Christensen matchup. Could be a big match tonight... Christensen is a tough rider..
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

imwi

Quote from: Huckfinn on January 27, 2017, 02:04:50 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on January 26, 2017, 08:43:46 AM

All five of those matches are very winnable.  If I had to bet I'd say they will get 4 - Guilibon is finding his footing.

I listened to the Penn State wrestling podcast "black shoe diaries".   Those boys think Joseph is gonna knock off Jordan.    Hah!

I think the Joseph/Jordan match will be the match of the night.