Re: heroin

Started by maggie, October 21, 2013, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on October 26, 2013, 09:56:07 PM
Quote from: howavi on October 26, 2013, 09:54:58 PM
Quote from: imnofish on October 26, 2013, 09:20:05 PM
It isn't "my study."  MNbadger posted it, originally under "Education Public/Private" (or something similar).  I'm not arguing the details of the study, but verifying its existence on here and the fact that someone argued against it.  Looks like there are now two on here who've argued against it, counting you. 

I have always endorsed public, how am I against public or stating private is better?

I would say that Marquette is probably better than Vincent, that's not saying private is better than public.

Good.  Thanks for clarifying your position.

So Howavi never said. I never said it. Who did?

imnofish

MarkK.  I already posted his argument for you to read.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on October 26, 2013, 10:07:11 PM
MarkK.  I already posted his argument for you to read.

Still not seeing it. I see nowhere in Mark's post that he says private is better than public. Could you highlight it for me?

bigoil

Can you show where he said private was better than public? He posted people selecting private, and all his examples, in the thread started randomly by badger, actually agree with the article posted stating pretty much the same thing.

Houndhead

Quote from: howavi on October 26, 2013, 10:21:04 PM

Can you show where he said private was better than public? He posted people selecting private, and all his examples, in the thread started randomly by badger, actually agree with the article posted stating pretty much the same thing.

I think he posted it with invisible digital ink. ;)

bigoil

Quote from: Houndhead on October 26, 2013, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: howavi on October 26, 2013, 10:21:04 PM

I think he posted it with invisible digital ink. ;)

Or highlighted yellow in the wrong thread?

imnofish

He posted links that argued that point, obviously.  I assumed you guys were smart enough to understand what he was getting at.  Go back and read the original threat in which it was posted, if you think it will help your comprehension.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

Quote from: Houndhead on October 26, 2013, 07:47:21 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on October 26, 2013, 07:31:45 PM
You mean facts like That the deficit has been halved since Obama took office?  No mention of this, no credit given (to be sure, I don't feel he deserves much credit nor blame for any of the economic woes we are experiencing).  Most of what we are going through is due to policies in place for some time, some official, some not.

Or the claims of private ed. being better than public, not supported by facts, just opinion.  When evidence is given showing this, silence and it doesn't change the minds of those believing otherwise.  I get it, people don't want to think they were wrong about things.  
Remember, a third of republicans in LA. are unhappy with how Obama reacted to hurricane Katrina.... :)

I don't deny spending has gone up under Obama.  I just marvel at how much hatred there is toward him when really it was worse under Reagan and many remember him as wonderful.  It is just incongruent thinking.

I don't remember anyone claiming private was better than public.Show me, I'll be waiting.

Still waiting.

maggie

here hound, here's your favorite people telling ya....you believe them right?....... :D     https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEMQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpfVWHklvTeU&ei=RQZtUsfCBuHi2QXWroGoAg&usg=AFQjCNFGLeIAUtkS70otsVYSodiGHmUm6Q   notice how they have a black public school teacher out front yelling we need cash?....UNION BASHING ATTEMPT...wow, that's what I call propaganda at it's best...who agrees?   did ya catch his first statement?..."THERE KIDS"  ::) as if there all a bunch of union kids...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

Quote from: maggie on October 27, 2013, 07:27:49 AM
here hound, here's your favorite people telling ya....you believe them right?....... :D     https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEMQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpfVWHklvTeU&ei=RQZtUsfCBuHi2QXWroGoAg&usg=AFQjCNFGLeIAUtkS70otsVYSodiGHmUm6Q   notice how they have a black public school teacher out front yelling we need cash?....UNION BASHING ATTEMPT...wow, that's what I call propaganda at it's best...who agrees?   did ya catch his first statement?..."THERE KIDS"  ::) as if there all a bunch of union kids...

I am not arguing whether public or private is better. Never have. I just want Badger to show me where anyone on here said private was better. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Still waiting.

dman

And again....he disappears.

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 07:44:05 AM

I am not arguing whether public or private is better. Never have. I just want Badger to show me where anyone on here said private was better. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Still waiting.

Hound, I though in another thread about private schooling you stated that you went to a private school until 8th grade. You also stated you felt you had a very good education and maybe a better education than the public school for those grades and at those times.

I believe you stated you and your 3 brothers all went to the same school.

Am I correct with this statement?
Was it a reglous based school?

I remember a post from you on this order. I also remember you talked about you and your brothers and the great education you received but I will say I do NOT remember you saying that private was better for others just you.

Friendly post hear HH, just trying to jog the old memory train with this forum.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

it's no secret that mark like private schools better Hound...and if I held his Position I believe I would also.. :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on October 27, 2013, 08:29:42 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 07:44:05 AM

Still waiting.

Hound, I though in another thread about private schooling you stated that you went to a private school until 8th grade. You also stated you felt you had a very good education and maybe a better education than the public school for those grades and at those times.

I believe you stated you and your 3 brothers all went to the same school.

Am I correct with this statement?
Was it a reglous based school?

I remember a post from you on this order. I also remember you talked about you and your brothers and the great education you received but I will say I do NOT remember you saying that private was better for others just you.

Friendly post hear HH, just trying to jog the old memory train with this forum.

You are right on LG. It is a Lutheran grade school. I think my education was great. My education in a public high school was also outstanding. When I was in 8th grade, we were allowed to participate in sports at the public school. What the agreement is between the schools, I have no idea. We also rode on the public school buses, so there was some crossover between public and private. I have NEVER said private education is better than public.

Houndhead

Quote from: maggie on October 27, 2013, 09:06:38 AM
it's no secret that mark like private schools better Hound...and if I held his Position I believe I would also.. :)

So you want to show me where he said private education was better than public?