Re: heroin

Started by maggie, October 21, 2013, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

Quote from: Handles II on October 28, 2013, 09:27:16 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 01:21:42 PM
Quote from: bigG on October 27, 2013, 10:18:31 AM
I don't think there was an argument about which was better; just the funding issue.

I think those private schools with a church attachment would have a better argument if the church were to pay taxes, just like when businesses pair with schools. They pay taxes and have lobbying power. Churches obviously already have lobbying power but get by tax free. If that church has a school on the public dime, or receives public services, they should fess up some tax bucks.

I would agree if the property taxes of the parents whose kids are going to the church's school followed them to that school. I think they are contributing to the public school also, so it works both ways.
Those taxes do follow the kid to private school. Transportation, technology, food, books, and now tuition. Everybody in a community pays taxes which go to kids in both public and private schools. Let's not forget that before making statements to the contrary.

So if I send my kids to private school, my tax dollars are transferred there also? Really?

maggie

transferred?.. :o  Walker made so that we, the public, we will now pay for these young kids to go to any Private school there parents choose to get education by teachers who are not held to the same standards as those in the public school system...all thanks to the worthless one...WALKER...look at how your green is being spent hound...how's it feel to have to pay to 2 separate school systems? when all we need is one...i would like to ask you, shouldn't there parents be held to the same standards as all the thos others that collecting State money through our taxes?...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Handles II

Essentially, yes hound, that is how it works and it is federal law put in place for various reasons, but generally to allow for private schools to compete with public schools which they couldn't do without public money. Paying for tuition is a much newer aspect and varies by state.

Houndhead

Quote from: Handles II on October 28, 2013, 05:39:54 PM
Essentially, yes hound, that is how it works and it is federal law put in place for various reasons, but generally to allow for private schools to compete with public schools which they couldn't do without public money. Paying for tuition is a much newer aspect and varies by state.

If it is a federal law, why is Maggie blaming Walker? Shouldn't he blame Obama?

Do you have a link that explains this law? Is a tax credit, or would I still be paying for my child's private education and paying taxes for the public school?

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigoil

There are 250 or 500 kids getting vouchers outside of Existing program, let's not pretend that this is some wide spread 50% of the kids.

Which law sends property tax money in a district and then attends a private schools?

Handles II

Maggie correctly pointed out that under walker, tuition is now being paid for. He didn't state how many. Interestingly 67% of the students who received voucher payments at Aquinas were already students there. Anyway... the federal law states that public schools pay for the private schools. So yes, your tax bill shows money going to the public school. Part of that money goes to the private school but the tax bill doesn't show how much and the average taxpayer wrongly believes that it all goes to the public school.

imnofish

When it comes to public education, neither party actually supports it.  Not enough money in it (for them).   >:(
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigoil

Quote from: Handles II on October 28, 2013, 09:47:22 PM
Maggie correctly pointed out that under walker, tuition is now being paid for. He didn't state how many. Interestingly 67% of the students who received voucher payments at Aquinas were already students there. Anyway... the federal law states that public schools pay for the private schools. So yes, your tax bill shows money going to the public school. Part of that money goes to the private school but the tax bill doesn't show how much and the average taxpayer wrongly believes that it all goes to the public school.

Can you please show me this? Google is coming up empty.

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on October 28, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

You really fear private schools don't you?

i wonder why?

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 07:25:42 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on October 27, 2013, 07:04:36 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 01:25:08 PM
I don't think there was an argument about which was better; just the funding issue.

I think those private schools with a church attachment would have a better argument if the church were to pay taxes, just like when businesses pair with schools. They pay taxes and have lobbying power. Churches obviously already have lobbying power but get by tax free. If that church has a school on the public dime, or receives public services, they should fess up some tax bucks.

MNbadger made the claim that some on here argued that private was better. I'm still waiting for him to show me where that was ever said.

Yes I know I am jumping in on this and I am NOT defending MNbadger.

Like I stated before, some could have confused your statement about your top notch education at your private school from k-8 as you were implying that private was better. I believe you stated that you believe your education in that school was as good or better than the public school in your area.

However you never said as far as I am aware of that all cases were like yours. Just you stated that your education was top notch and maybe some think you meet that for everyone.

Sometimes I take a few words out of context and assume also.

I am just trying to clear up any confusion and I believe I am trying to back you HH.

I think most people are proud of their school and think it is the best. I can only think of one teacher I had that was subpar. That was a high school math teacher with an alcoholism problem. He should not have been teaching. I don't think you realize it at the time how much most of the teachers care about kids, I think maybe  even more in a small town. But you do appreciate it as you mature.

Very nice post there HH. I have to agree, as I got older I realized that I had some pretty darn good teachers in my life. To bad I was such a tool as a student to understand what they were trying to do for me.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on October 28, 2013, 10:18:42 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 07:25:42 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on October 27, 2013, 07:04:36 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 27, 2013, 01:25:08 PM

MNbadger made the claim that some on here argued that private was better. I'm still waiting for him to show me where that was ever said.

Yes I know I am jumping in on this and I am NOT defending MNbadger.

Like I stated before, some could have confused your statement about your top notch education at your private school from k-8 as you were implying that private was better. I believe you stated that you believe your education in that school was as good or better than the public school in your area.

However you never said as far as I am aware of that all cases were like yours. Just you stated that your education was top notch and maybe some think you meet that for everyone.

Sometimes I take a few words out of context and assume also.

I am just trying to clear up any confusion and I believe I am trying to back you HH.

I think most people are proud of their school and think it is the best. I can only think of one teacher I had that was subpar. That was a high school math teacher with an alcoholism problem. He should not have been teaching. I don't think you realize it at the time how much most of the teachers care about kids, I think maybe  even more in a small town. But you do appreciate it as you mature.

Very nice post there HH. I have to agree, as I got older I realized that I had some pretty darn good teachers in my life. To bad I was such a tool as a student to understand what they were trying to do for me.

Me too. ;D

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Dale Einerson

While I am definitely not a backer of vouchers proliferation, Maggie is wrong again.  The voucher amount is taken from the district school coffers/budget and provided to the voucher school.  Not paying for 2, paying for one with little to no standards.

bigG

Good to read ya again, buddy. Hope you've been okay.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.