Cliff Keen Vegas

Started by badgerjohn, November 30, 2015, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 09, 2015, 11:33:06 AM

when have I been wrong about the Badgers?

I should not have said that.  The many negative comments read around here has turned me jaded.

PSU is loaded but (imo) the new 4-pt nearfall rule will be a benefit for tOSU.  Similar to last year, lots of bonus points at nationals will win the Buckeyes the title again. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stp on December 09, 2015, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 09, 2015, 11:33:06 AM

when have I been wrong about the Badgers?

I should not have said that.  The many negative comments read around here has turned me jaded.

PSU is loaded but (imo) the new 4-pt nearfall rule will be a benefit for tOSU.  Similar to last year, lots of bonus points at nationals will win the Buckeyes the title again. 

141 is wide open, Jordan could win it all, any of the top 10 probably could. PSU seems to always wrestle their best when it counts the most. I was wrong to say they basically have no shot, but I would say they would need to be at their best and have the other teams slide a bit.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

stp

Quote from: oldfan on December 09, 2015, 10:48:50 AM
Your right wrong first name , Mark is from St Ed's i think and Myles must have gone  away to school because I saw him  lose to Zahid(sp) at 182 at Walsh Ironman last year and with the exception of Blair NJ schools can't compete. I'm pretty sure he was from Maryland ? Practicing with Bo J will certainly sharpen his skills.

Back to Cliff Keen , Zeke looked great and can't wait for Taylor to get back at .

Mark is indeed from the St Edward Eagles.  Myles is a true Freshman who began the season as a RS and you're right; his HS is listed as Maryland but he's on the OSU roster with a home town from Penns Grove, NJ.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

stbird

Martin went to McDonough in Maryland.  It is a prep school.  Competes in the same group of schools as Hunter Ritter's school, John Carroll.

Quote from: stp on December 10, 2015, 08:32:47 AM
Quote from: oldfan on December 09, 2015, 10:48:50 AM
Your right wrong first name , Mark is from St Ed's i think and Myles must have gone  away to school because I saw him  lose to Zahid(sp) at 182 at Walsh Ironman last year and with the exception of Blair NJ schools can't compete. I'm pretty sure he was from Maryland ? Practicing with Bo J will certainly sharpen his skills.

Back to Cliff Keen , Zeke looked great and can't wait for Taylor to get back at .

Mark is indeed from the St Edward Eagles.  Myles is a true Freshman who began the season as a RS and you're right; his HS is listed as Maryland but he's on the OSU roster with a home town from Penns Grove, NJ.

mkm13

Quote from: vsmf2010 on December 05, 2015, 04:10:04 PM

Not one of 2 but I will chime in. Not sure how to quantify a team finish but here is what I think as far as individuals.

JJ – Top half of big ten and qualifier
RT – Big Ten champ and top 3
LR – Likely under .500
AC – Top half of big ten and qualifier (I think he has a very high ceiling and could do great things before he is done here. He is a sophomore but I am thinking 2 time AA)
TJ – Top half of big ten and qualifier or better. Good on the mat and can score in bunches. If he gets on a role I think he could surprise some really good wrestlers
IJ – Big Ten champ and top 3
RR – Top 5 Big Ten and AA
RC – Top half of big ten and qualifier – very good positional wrestler
EP – Likely under .500
BH – Top half of big ten and qualifier – has to figure out how to win close matches. So many no takedown matches at this weight that you cannot give anything up. If he can do that I think he can have a really nice senior season

Looks like I am predicting 8 qualifiers and 3 AA's. Sounds about right. Last year was 7 and 3.

Would you like to modify your anticipated finishes after todays results?