Cliff Keen Vegas

Started by badgerjohn, November 30, 2015, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barou

Quote from: npope on December 08, 2015, 05:41:26 AM
Quote from: stp on December 07, 2015, 10:07:42 PM
Quote from: billymurphy on December 07, 2015, 09:08:40 PM
The last I heard is that Bo Jordan dropped to 165.

That is the word in Ohio.  It will make the tOSU lineup better.

That might be the word over there, but until the dude makes the weight and steps on the mat.... Note that tOSU first entered BJ in CK at 165 and then scratched him late. Likely a reason and that might be weight issues.

They stated it was injury related and had it been the NCAA tournament, he would have competed.  I commend Bo Jordan for putting the team first.  He's possibly sacrificing an individual title for the team.
JHI Mafia

jaguarwrestler

not sure why Bo would drop for the team, he could be champ at 174 and I don't think he has anything for AD at 165... the team has just about no shot at a title this year.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Ghetto

Not sure about them not having a shot. Oklahoma State is falling apart. It's going to be a big ten top three of Penn State, Iowa, and Ohio State IMO.

Ohio State's lineup

Tomasello (#1)
Dijulius (#4)
Jordan  (#7)
Steiber (still hurt I think)
Ryan (#20)
Jordan (#1 at 174)
Martin (no rank with Jordan still officially at 174)
Courts (#12)
IDK
Tavanello (#16)
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

oldfan

Jag , I wouldn't say no shot, If Martin is in Nickels class and Hunter S is healthy , they will be a contender , Micah Jordan is also going to due plenty of damage .

jaguarwrestler

I think PSU has 7 ranked in top 7 one around a 13 one around 19 and un UR. I think tOSU only ranks ahead of them in 3 weights. Not like they can't win... but unlikely, not sure it is worth giving up a shot at a title for as I just think if healthy Dieringer is the best wrestler in college.

kenai77

hello  -

just an observation - while I appreciate that Flo has given users access to free score updates, with all of the negative energy towards wrestling by the uneducated fan, why would they force people to pay money to watch any streaming content, let alone archived videos? I somewhat understand that they have a pretty big investment to get things streamed live, but fans who want to see it live will still pay money to do so.   And, that is what advertisement revenue is for...

Additionally, with all of the NCAA restrictions on content (i.e.  Big Ten not allowing free streaming of 'their' athletes and forcing users to subscribe to either Big Ten Network or BTN+) how is it even legal for neutral sites to do so?  Does BTN, NCAA all get a cut of the profits while the fan suffers and ends up paying for both subscriptions?  Do the student athletes get a cut of this?  I think this will be litigated, and further if student athletes are suing to unionize for a cut of the revenue now from NCAA, pay for sites like Flo will be next on the list, and arguably an easier target.

a student athlete can't even take a free ticket to a concert or he / she might be declared ineligible, lose a year of eligibility, and put the school at risk of sanctions, yet BTN, BTN+, Flo can charge money to watch those same athletes compete.

smells bad.  But I'm not a lawyer, just a fan who is tired of having to pay subscriptions that you have to sacrifice a small animal to cancel (yes, I'm talking about you BTN+)

Harris

Quote from: kenai77 on December 08, 2015, 03:45:08 PM
hello  -

just an observation - while I appreciate that Flo has given users access to free score updates, with all of the negative energy towards wrestling by the uneducated fan, why would they force people to pay money to watch any streaming content, let alone archived videos? I somewhat understand that they have a pretty big investment to get things streamed live, but fans who want to see it live will still pay money to do so.   And, that is what advertisement revenue is for...

Additionally, with all of the NCAA restrictions on content (i.e.  Big Ten not allowing free streaming of 'their' athletes and forcing users to subscribe to either Big Ten Network or BTN+) how is it even legal for neutral sites to do so?  Does BTN, NCAA all get a cut of the profits while the fan suffers and ends up paying for both subscriptions?  Do the student athletes get a cut of this?  I think this will be litigated, and further if student athletes are suing to unionize for a cut of the revenue now from NCAA, pay for sites like Flo will be next on the list, and arguably an easier target.

a student athlete can't even take a free ticket to a concert or he / she might be declared ineligible, lose a year of eligibility, and put the school at risk of sanctions, yet BTN, BTN+, Flo can charge money to watch those same athletes compete.

smells bad.  But I'm not a lawyer, just a fan who is tired of having to pay subscriptions that you have to sacrifice a small animal to cancel (yes, I'm talking about you BTN+)

I actually think it is really good for the sport of wrestling what Flowrestling is doing.  It is about time someone came along that consolidated the unorganized wrestling industry into one spot that includes rankings, news, video, etc..... for youth, college, and olympic/world competitors.  It costs money to do this and I don't blame them for charging a small subscription fee.  They have built a brand and service that adds value to the wrestling community and it makes sense to charge for those services.  As far as litigation, I think that is crazy.  To me, this is no different that the USA today charging me money to subscribe to their online newspaper.  Flowrestling is charging for a subscription to watch the news they are reporting on.  It is the wave of the future in my opinion and they are ahead of the game.  Are people going to take ESPN to court for charging a subscription to their network considering it is reporting using all kind of video in coverage of its sports and they charge people a subscription fee?  How is Flowrestling different than ESPN in its news coverage of these sporting events? 

kenai77

Good points Harris -

I guess I'm coming from the stand point that it is confusing that the NCAA won't allow you to video or post video that you took, however, it's perfectly fine for Flo to charge for the same video. 

I agree they are doing a good thing, and have done a great job of gathering up and organizing content.  I just disagree with subscription fees.  ESPN and all of the major college networks have agreements in place, and for that reason alone they are much different than Flo.

From a litigation stand point, if Northwestern football players and Ed Obannon can sue to get paid from the NCAA, then ESPN is on that list as will be Flo and other subscription services.  Flo is making a profit off this and they are doing so in the same exploitative way that the NCAA does while giving nothing to the stars of their content, the wrestlers themselves.  And ironically, the NCAA would suspend the student athletes if they were given any of this money. 

the 'amateur  athlete' is a thing of the past - break out the credit cards and pay to play :)

Harris

I think you are kidding yourself if you don't think Flo has agreements in place to video these events.  The main difference as I see it is that no outside the wrestling world cares about wrestling and that is why ESPN and others do not cover it.  Flo has come into a niche market and they are growing it.  I like that entrepreneurial spirit.  If they grow it big enough, they would probably end up selling it to someone like ESPN.

As far as the litigation aspect.  I think Flo and wrestling are so far down the list that nobody really cares about the peanuts they are charging.  As far as college athletes getting paid, that is a topic for another day ;D

Harris

And another thing, my high school charges me $5 to watch a JV girls basketball game.  Are we going to sue the school also because they aren't paying the students?  That is insanity.  There is a difference between amateur and pro.  They can sue all they want but it doesn't mean they are going to win.

stp

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 08, 2015, 10:24:50 AM
not sure why Bo would drop for the team, he could be champ at 174 and I don't think he has anything for AD at 165... the team has just about no shot at a title this year.

Because (hopefully) they are considering pulling Martins RS at 174.    Not only are you frequently wrong about the Badgers, now you're simply being ignorant about the Buckeyes.  

Quote from: oldfan on December 08, 2015, 11:07:42 AM
Micah Jordan is also going to due plenty of damage .

He will (at least) AA and possibly in the finals.

Knock on wood- if Hunter finally gets healthy before NCAA's, repeat champs from C-bus is possible.  
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

stp

Quote from: oldfan on December 07, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
STP is right , Mark Martin came within a whisker of beat Bo Nickel at 174 this past week end.

Myles Martin.  FR from NJ.  Mark has bumped up to 197.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

oldfan

Your right wrong first name , Mark is from St Ed's i think and Myles must have gone  away to school because I saw him  lose to Zahid(sp) at 182 at Walsh Ironman last year and with the exception of Blair NJ schools can't compete. I'm pretty sure he was from Maryland ? Practicing with Bo J will certainly sharpen his skills.

Back to Cliff Keen , Zeke looked great and can't wait for Taylor to get back at .

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stp on December 09, 2015, 09:56:28 AM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 08, 2015, 10:24:50 AM

Because (hopefully) they are considering pulling Martins RS at 174.    Not only are you frequently wrong about the Badgers, now you're simply being ignorant about the Buckeyes.  

Quote from: oldfan on December 08, 2015, 11:07:42 AM
Micah Jordan is also going to due plenty of damage .

He will (at least) AA and possibly in the finals.

Knock on wood- if Hunter finally gets healthy before NCAA's, repeat champs from C-bus is possible.  

when have I been wrong about the Badgers? I predicted their placements last year in the B1G and NCAA and was correct... well I predicted higher in NCAA... so tell me when I have been wrong. Oh and PSU is loaded, if all stay healthy they are favored way above tOSU. P.S. when the schedule came out I predicted 2 or less wins in the B1G dual season for Bucky, do you see more than 2, am I wrong about that as well?

wrestle03

Two wins in the Big10 if they are lucky.