Cliff Keen Vegas

Started by badgerjohn, November 30, 2015, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Very fair assessment - and I completely agree. I'm optimistic about guys like Christensen, TJ and Crone. Think they have a lot of good skills to win big matches.

littleguy301

Hammen, I have another question for you.

I thought the formula they use now to seed the national tournament every match counts all season long and no matter where they are wrestled.

If that is the case these matches at the cliff keen counts a tad more that what was posted before.

I hope they have the turkey hangover and hope they get better, I would bet they work their respective butts off to do so.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

hammen

There's a distinct formula for seeding?

sudden_victory

Quote from: mkm13 on December 05, 2015, 06:58:13 PM
Here is a summary of who our guys lost to:

Jimenez - McGhee (ranked 13th), Diallo (not ranked)
Rowh - Jordan (16th - but will be better than that), Moita (not ranked)
Lubeck - Mayes (5th), Wilding (not ranked)
Ruschell - Miller  (2nd), Scheidel (not ranked)
Jordan - none
Robertson - Butler (5th), Bernstein (17th)
Christensen - Zavatsky (not ranked), Courts (4th), Zillmer (5th)
Piessig - Thomas (19th), Stein (not ranked)
Horwath - Sweany (not ranked), Tynan (not ranked)

Some of them obviously had tough matchups, but it is a bit concerning that all but 2 wrestler lost to a wrestler who is not ranked.  Outside of Jordan, Robertson, and Taylor (once healthy), it could be tough sledding once the big 10 season hits if guys do not improve fast.

On Wrestling Report rankings Schiedel is #22@157, Zavatsky is #21 @ 184 ( Christenson 25) and Sweany #24 @ 285 (Horwath 33).
http://www.wrestlingreport.com/college/rank/ncaa_rank.htm
Life is a bowl of cherries.

billymurphy

Predicting two Big Ten Champs and 8 qualifiers would be a very successful season.
That would be on the high end of optimistic since the Big Ten is loaded with talent. 

What place do you have the Badgers finishing in the Big Ten Tournament?
Can they beat Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio State or Nebraska?

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Hammen, don't you have to get to Barry's to do your chores. By the way, I talked to another former UW wrestler yesterday that said Barry Davis was just a figure head when Pritzlaff was there.

hammen

Good for you Brett - I'm surprised you can make friends. Shouldn't you be hanging out with people just a little closer to your age though?

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Hammen, Hard not to run into younger coaches when you're still involved at my age.  You are such a little smart inappropriate term2 when you hide behind the computer.

hammen

Brett in your PM to me a few months back when you were whining about me "picking" on you, you said you would love to meet in person. I believe I replied that I would enjoy that meeting. Offer is still on the table old man.

littleguy301

wow this turned south. I thought we were talking about the cliff keen.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

hammen

Sorry we got off topic. I just can't let someone bash a good friend and our head coach repeatedly.

Hoping the guys can build off the Vegas trip and perform better as a team at midlands. This is always a tough time of year with finals looming. Gotta keep focused and stay disciplined.

vsmf2010

Quote from: hammen on December 06, 2015, 10:00:54 PM
Sorry we got off topic. I just can't let someone bash a good friend and our head coach repeatedly.

Hoping the guys can build off the Vegas trip and perform better as a team at midlands. This is always a tough time of year with finals looming. Gotta keep focused and stay disciplined.
Drew,
I would not waist your time ever responding to BF. He is not worth it. You are a stand up guy and way above that. Arguing with BF is like wrestling with a pig in pig s**t. You both get dirty but the pig likes it.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: hammen on December 06, 2015, 10:00:54 PM

It is an open forum you have your opinion, he has his. Lets stay focused on the subject on hand

Ghetto

Quote from: Harris on December 05, 2015, 03:35:09 PM
Ricky Robertson 5th
Ryan Christensen 8th
Jordan 1st

I didn't get to see any of the matches with the young/inexperienced guys.  Did they fight?  Were they aggressive?  Were they pushing the offense all match long?  Did they have enough gas at the end of the match?  How did they respond in the next match after losing to a highly ranked wrestler?  Did they wrestle angry after losing?  Did they work on the top?  Did they get out on the bottom?

This is what I would be looking at with the younger/inexperienced guys.  

Can anyone share any positives that they saw in the matches?  

I watched Jiminez. He's aggressive on his feet. Seems to get to the legs well enough, and keeps working. Neutral is definitely his strength IMO. After he got behind against Binghamton, he seemed to force a bit and got away from his game plan. He's pretty athletic, but not on the level of McGhee, etc. I think he'll be a qualifier, and depending on his draw, win some matches at NCAAs.

I also watched Ruschell against Ian Miller, who is a TD machine. I thought he did ok considering the competition. That's a tough match to look good in.

I also watched Ricky Robertson in the match that he won at the last second. I forget the school. Hofstra? Robertson is very patient and doesn't panic when he wrestles. It also might be viewed as a lack of urgency. I know it's not freestyle, but I wish he'd go back to his low single that he smashed fools on a few years ago. He was unstoppable.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

head57

Quote from: Goat Roper on December 06, 2015, 07:15:56 PM
Quote from: Brett Favre on December 06, 2015, 05:39:16 PM
Hammen, Hard not to run into younger coaches when you're still involved at my age.  You are such a little smart ash when you hide behind the computer.

He leaves his real name and you are calling him out for hiding behind a computer screen?  Seriously booster?

I'm happy I wasn't the only one who noticed the irony of BF's statement here.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!