Cliff Keen Vegas

Started by badgerjohn, November 30, 2015, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Over all, I would have liked to see some of the wrestlers get a few more matches in. 4 for all would have been nice but I may be to picky.

I have another honest questions, out side Brock, I feel some of the wrestlers look kind of small out there compare to the competition. Is that just me or do I have a bad feed.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

I thought JJ looked small compared to some of the guys he wrestled. Maybe they aren't cutting the amount of weight that others are, which I applaud. I do wonder if they lift, bro?  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

lizard king

I have often wondered about size as well?  It can be about cutting weight but I think it can also be a question of a weight lifting program.  I haven't noticed it as much with the Badgers but I have noticed that there are teams that look bigger and stronger, and others that do not.  For example I noticed Wyoming last year I thought every kid looked big?  Are they just cutting more weight or do they have a very good strength program?

harley

Quote from: lizard king on December 07, 2015, 09:44:34 AM
I have often wondered about size as well?  It can be about cutting weight but I think it can also be a question of a weight lifting program.  I haven't noticed it as much with the Badgers but I have noticed that there are teams that look bigger and stronger, and others that do not.  For example I noticed Wyoming last year I thought every kid looked big?  Are they just cutting more weight or do they have a very good strength program?

They cut the dog dodo out of those guys!!

lizard king

That is what I always thought as well, and it still may be true, but if that was it, why do they all look big and strong?  If you take a skinny looking guy and have him cut a lot, he will still look skinny?  There are a number of teams that look strong, physically.  I don't think they just recruit strong looking guys?  I'm not making a value judgement, I am just saying I think it is more than cutting when we discuss size.

vsmf2010

Quote from: mkm13 on December 05, 2015, 04:42:05 PM
I think you are underestimating how tough the big 10 is to call all those guys "top half of the big 10 wrestlers".  I think they have the potential, but most will likely have to improve to get there. 

I think where you put them is essentially the high end for everyone.  Hope they can get there.  The big 10 is tough.
I really do not think it is really that much of a stretch. 14 teams in the Big 10 and according to the Wrestling Report JJ and AC are the 8th ranked big 10 wrestlers and RC is 7th. TJ is not in the top 33 but I think he certainly has the potential to win half of his big 10 duals and finish 7th or above in the tournament. BH is not in the top 33 but there are only 7 big 10 Hwt's in the top 33.

wrestle03

VSFM2010, you cant be serious?  I think the chances of JJ, AC, RC, TJ, and BH all finishing in the upper half of the Big 10 are very slim.  Who have any of these guys beaten that makes you think that is remotely possible?

jaguarwrestler

JJ – Top half of big ten and qualifier will struggle to finish .500 might place 8th at B1G if wrestles his best
RT – Big Ten champ and top 3 If healthy I agree
LR – Likely under .500 agree, will Lantz bump up?
AC – Top half of big ten and qualifier (I think he has a very high ceiling and could do great things before he is done here. He is a sophomore but I am thinking 2 time AA) hmm? 2 time AA? what has he done to this point to think he has a shot at 1 might get an 8th if he wrestles his best
TJ – Top half of big ten and qualifier or better. Good on the mat and can score in bunches. If he gets on a role I think he could surprise some really good wrestlers very inconsistent, could place 6th or 7th or go 1-2
IJ – Big Ten champ and top 3 I think Bo is the favorite in the B1G but he should be top 3
RR – Top 5 Big Ten and AA 5th or 6th B1G, AA next year unless he wrestles well above his current level.
RC – Top half of big ten and qualifier – very good positional wrestler might squeak out an 8th in B1G
EP – Likely under .500 agree
BH – Top half of big ten and qualifier – has to figure out how to win close matches. So many no takedown matches at this weight that you cannot give anything up. If he can do that I think he can have a really nice senior season B1G Hwt is down, opens the door for a 6th to 8th he is good enough but yes has to win the close ones.

thing is many of these top half guys, meaning around 7th will have a top 6 seed in first round of B1G and likely lose, so now they have to win two in a row to get 7th... usually not an easy thing to do as they will likely get another seeded wrestler in one of those. I see us with 5 quals if everyone is healthy and wrestles their best, might.... might get 6... but if we don't show up might get 3
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

dad 2 5

I think it will get really clear where the Badgers are in the B1G on Sunday and my guess is it is not going to be pretty. this is off the pre-season top 33. Where they are in compared with B1G 
JJ 6th
RT 2nd
LR 12 ranks (out WI, MSU, IND)
TJ 9th
IJ 1st (2 with Bo)
RR 4th or 5th
RC 7th
EP 6 ranks (out WI, MSU, IND, Prd, Nw, IL, Rutg...)
BH 8th

So the goals has to be to improve on those seeds. As always the Big 10 is loaded. Just look at this and 7th or better it would be JJ; RT; IJ; RR; RC. That is not a lot of team points and means a bunch of guys run into studs early in the B1G.

dad 2 5

as long as we are thinknig about this already here is a look back to 2015:
(seeded)
JJ (X) lost to (3); lost to (4)
RT (2) 2nd place
JT (13) W; Lost to (5); W (11); Lost to {8}
RL {8} W; lost (1); lost (2)
TJ (12) L (5); W (13); L (6)
IJ (2) Champion!
FC {8] L (9); W (10); L (6)
RR (3) W; W (6); L (2); L (1); W (6) 5th place
TM {8} W; L (1); L (7) was injured
CM (1) W {8}; L (4); W (6); L (2) 4th place

Harris

Here are the ranked wrestlers in the Big Ten last week (AWN) and where the Badgers would fall at best based on rankings in bold:

125 Pounds
1..Nathan Thomasello..So..Ohio State
2..Thomas Gilman.Jr . Iowa
4..Nico Megaludis. Sr.Penn State
10 .Conor Youtsey.Jr .Michigan
13 .Tim Lambert ..Jr ..Nebraska
19 .Sean McCabe .Jr .. Rutgers
JJ 7th
133 Pounds
2..Cory Clark .Jr . Iowa
3..Ryan Taylor .Jr .Wisconsin 2nd
5..Johnni DiJulius. Sr..Ohio State
7..Rossi Bruno.. Sr.Michigan
8..Zane Richards.Jr .Illinois
10 .Jordan Conaway .. Sr.Penn State
12 .Eric Montoya .Jr ..Nebraska
16 .Sam Brancale..Jr .. Minnesota
17 .Geoff Alexander . Sr.. Maryland
20 .Dominick Malone . Sr. Northwestern
141 Pounds
6..Anthony Ashnault.So.. Rutgers
7..Jimmy Gulibon ..Jr .Penn State
9..Zach Horan .. Sr..Central Michigan
10 .Micah Jordan.Fr..Ohio State
11..Tommy Thorn ..Fr.. Minnesota
LR 6th
149 Pounds
1..Brandon Sorensen.So. Iowa
2..Zain Retherford ..So.Penn State
3..Jason Tsirtsis.Jr . Northwestern
8..Jake Sueflohn .. Sr..Nebraska
15 .Alec Pantaleo..Jr .Michigan
16 .Jake Short..So.. Minnesota
AC or RL 7th
157 Pounds
1..Isaiah Martinez.So.Illinois
3..Brian Murphy.Jr .Michigan
4..Jason Nolf .Fr.Penn State
9.. Doug Welch. Sr. Purdue
10 .Tyler Berger.Fr..Nebraska
16 .Jake Ryan .Fr..Ohio State
20 .Brandon Kingsley. Sr.. Minnesota
JS 8th
165 Pounds
2..Isaac Jordan..Jr .Wisconsin 1st
4..Austin Wilson . Sr..Nebraska
11..Shakur Rasheed .Fr.Penn State
12 .Anthony Perrotti . Sr.. Rutgers
14 .Steve Rodrigues. Sr.Illinois
19 .Chad Welch.Jr . Purdue
174 Pounds
1..Bo Jordan.So..Ohio State
5..Bo Nickal .Fr.Penn State
6..Alex Meyer ..Jr . Iowa
8..Zach Brunson..Jr .Illinois
14 .Ricky Robertson.So.Wisconsin 5th
15 .Micah Barnes ..Jr ..Nebraska
16 .Nate Jackson ..Jr . Indiana
184 Pounds
4..Timothy Dudley .Jr ..Nebraska
5..Willie Miklus..So..Missouri
9..Sam Brooks.Jr . Iowa
10 .Kenny Courts . Sr..Ohio State
12 .Domenic Abounader .Jr .Michigan
13 .Matt McCutcheon.So.Penn State
20 .Jeff Koepke .Jr .Illinois
RC 8th
197 Pounds
2..Morgan McIntosh . Sr.Penn State
4..Nathan Burak . Sr. Iowa
5..Max Huntley . Sr.Michigan
6..Brett Pfarr..Jr .. Minnesota
13 .Aaron Studebaker.Jr ..Nebraska
19 .Mark Martin .. Sr..Ohio State
EP 7th
285 Pounds
3..Adam Coon .Jr .Michigan
10 .Billy Smith. Sr.. Rutgers
12 .Michael Kroells..Jr .. Minnesota
16 .Nick Tavanello.Jr ..Ohio State
18 .Collin Jensen.Jr ..Nebraska
BH 6th

billymurphy

The last I heard is that Bo Jordan dropped to 165.

stp

Quote from: billymurphy on December 07, 2015, 09:08:40 PM

That is the word in Ohio.  It will make the tOSU lineup better.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

oldfan

STP is right , Mark Martin came within a whisker of beat Bo Nickel at 174 this past week end.

Even if Bo J does drop , I like Zeke , he choose to come here over a boat load of other places .

And has a recent win over his very talented cousin.

npope

Quote from: stp on December 07, 2015, 10:07:42 PM
Quote from: billymurphy on December 07, 2015, 09:08:40 PM

That is the word in Ohio.  It will make the tOSU lineup better.

That might be the word over there, but until the dude makes the weight and steps on the mat.... Note that tOSU first entered BJ in CK at 165 and then scratched him late. Likely a reason and that might be weight issues.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope