Any Big Time Individual Matchups at Team Sect Tonight?

Started by Han Solo, February 17, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

Since both teams are aloud to dress 28 wrestlers I think? Why not send out second stringers and let them get some experience ?

Orca

Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 05:37:02 PM
Quote from: Orca on February 18, 2015, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 01:53:46 PM
Quote from: maggie on February 18, 2015, 12:06:55 PM
just curious , how many matches did freedom happen to forfeit?... I'm also wondering of those matches that were forfeited, was it because the wrestlers might meet again this weekend...thanks if anyone knows...

They forfeited 3...they were major underdogs in all three though.

Bloy was a major underdog against Peplinski?
VanGrinsven was a major underdog against Kreger?
I will agree with you at 170, but that statement is a bit reaching sir.

JV vs. Kreger at 170
VanGrinsven vs. Peplinski at 182
Bloy vs. Peplinski 195

Yes...3 major underdogs.

While some may speculate that because of rankings Bloy and Peplinski are dead even I do not see that as the case....to me Bloy is wrestling a weight up from where he should be...but I guess they will see on Saturday.

It's highly difficult to take Peplinski down...same goes with getting away from him...and pretty much not going to ride him out.  It will be a different animal for Bloy...I guess see how that style works out....that style didn't work that great at 220 and 285 for them and is hard to watch at times.

#4 195 Ramsey Bloy over #1 195 August Peplinski 8-3
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

aarons23

Quote from: Orca on February 21, 2015, 06:27:00 PM
Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 05:37:02 PM
Quote from: Orca on February 18, 2015, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 01:53:46 PM
Quote from: maggie on February 18, 2015, 12:06:55 PM
just curious , how many matches did freedom happen to forfeit?... I'm also wondering of those matches that were forfeited, was it because the wrestlers might meet again this weekend...thanks if anyone knows...

They forfeited 3...they were major underdogs in all three though.

Bloy was a major underdog against Peplinski?
VanGrinsven was a major underdog against Kreger?
I will agree with you at 170, but that statement is a bit reaching sir.

JV vs. Kreger at 170
VanGrinsven vs. Peplinski at 182
Bloy vs. Peplinski 195

Yes...3 major underdogs.

While some may speculate that because of rankings Bloy and Peplinski are dead even I do not see that as the case....to me Bloy is wrestling a weight up from where he should be...but I guess they will see on Saturday.

It's highly difficult to take Peplinski down...same goes with getting away from him...and pretty much not going to ride him out.  It will be a different animal for Bloy...I guess see how that style works out....that style didn't work that great at 220 and 285 for them and is hard to watch at times.

#4 195 Ramsey Bloy over #1 195 August Peplinski 8-3

Wasn't  that said by one of his coaches? How does crow taste?
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Vinsanity 4

No it was not said by a coach. And crow is fine with BBQ! Bloy pulled the upset. Good wrestling. Cant wait for the rematch at State

padre

Plenty of favorites went down. Crow is fine by me.   At least he lost to a senior I guess.

KeyLock

Quote from: Vinsanity 4 on February 21, 2015, 06:58:36 PM
No it was not said by a coach. And crow is fine with BBQ! Bloy pulled the upset. Good wrestling. Cant wait for the rematch at State

Looked to me like it wasent an upset more of a domination/statement...

aarons23

It was said by one of his coaches...along with other statements about his kids being the favorite. ...not to smart of a coach on an open forum.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

WINfan

Quote from: Vinsanity 4 on February 18, 2015, 03:52:41 PM
I have seen both Bloy and Peplinski wrestle more than once this year and although Bloy's unorthodox style might confuse and or antagonize Peplinski for a short time I believe Peplinski would eventually get mad of having his head hung on and turn it on in the 3rd period and win convincingly.  Yes Freedom big underdog at 170 as well. JMO and not from WB either.

So much for turning it on in the third period.  Injury time and all and he still couldn't get his energy back. 

Orca

I am not sure how this can be called an upset. Bloy only had one loss to Waddell from Menomonie at the Cheesehead and looks like he took it to Peplinski. I would love to see the rematch in the finals. Hopefully there are no timeouts when that happens.
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

padre

It is what it is.  Bloy wrestled very well and took down what most would call is a "whale" of a opponent.  I've been making predictions since the forum started and accept my prediction for THIS weekend was wrong....doesn't mean on paper it wasn't an upset.  The weight class looks like "one for the ages" next weekend!!!!

padre

Quote from: WINfan on February 21, 2015, 09:00:17 PM
Quote from: Vinsanity 4 on February 18, 2015, 03:52:41 PM
I have seen both Bloy and Peplinski wrestle more than once this year and although Bloy's unorthodox style might confuse and or antagonize Peplinski for a short time I believe Peplinski would eventually get mad of having his head hung on and turn it on in the 3rd period and win convincingly.  Yes Freedom big underdog at 170 as well. JMO and not from WB either.

So much for turning it on in the third period.  Injury time and all and he still couldn't get his energy back. 

This may be the most fun weight class in D2 to watch this weekend.

maggie

then it looks tho like we're all in for a heck treat in the first round match up @182 between the young Waddell from Menomonie and Miltons Wileman...should be great!... :) ....
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

maggie

In a huge match yesterday in the match up of the day In Sun Prairie, the young Collin Kraus from Stoughton beat Wilmots Jake Morgan 8-7  a great wild match! Morgan started out with a 5 pt move and looked to have Kraus dead flat pined, only to suffer an INJ, but keep coming back to wrestle, Kraus then put on a TD clinic and gutter out the match to win, and i have to say, that the boos heard after that match made some people really sick!..to those who were one of them, you have no fricken clue!...if a wrestler decided to gut it out after an INJ as the young Morgan so bravely did, it's not the responsibility of the other wrestler to lighten up!...and the young Kraus didn't one bit and never showed one single sign of unsportsmanlike conduct in his wrestling in that match,...instead of them boos, ya should have been on your feet applauding them both!  matches like that are far and in between and all we can do is hope to see it one more time....to the young Kraus i say, put that Garbage behind ya, ya wrestled a great and just match! good luck kid..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imwi

Quote from: maggie on February 22, 2015, 09:39:52 AM
In a huge match yesterday in the match up of the day In Sun Prairie, the young Collin Kraus from Stoughton beat Wilmots Jake Morgan 8-7  a great wild match! Morgan started out with a 5 pt move and looked to have Kraus dead flat pined, only to suffer an INJ, but keep coming back to wrestle, Kraus then put on a TD clinic and gutter out the match to win, and i have to say, that the boos heard after that match made some people really sick!..to those who were one of them, you have no fricken clue!...if a wrestler decided to gut it out after an INJ as the young Morgan so bravely did, it's not the responsibility of the other wrestler to lighten up!...and the young Kraus didn't one bit and never showed one single sign of unsportsmanlike conduct in his wrestling in that match,...instead of them boos, ya should have been on your feet applauding them both!  matches like that are far and in between and all we can do is hope to see it one more time....to the young Kraus i say, put that Garbage behind ya, ya wrestled a great and just match! good luck kid..

Did anyone else notice Kraus should have been given choice for the 3rd period but wasn't?

wrestling135

Quote from: maggie on February 22, 2015, 09:39:52 AM

Wow, how sad. They just don't make em like they used to. Sounds like a great match,  wish I coulda seen it!!! Was badger state there?