Any Big Time Individual Matchups at Team Sect Tonight?

Started by Han Solo, February 17, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

not sure, i never seen sparky and crew there filming,....IMWI, if ya noticed that, ya also had to notice the starting for 3 different matches all started at 1:45..and that was after they closed down that mat for a 1/2 hr :o...and it was all at the same table.... :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imwi

Quote from: wrestling135 on February 22, 2015, 10:27:09 AM
Quote from: maggie on February 22, 2015, 09:39:52 AM
In a huge match yesterday in the match up of the day In Sun Prairie, the young Collin Kraus from Stoughton beat Wilmots Jake Morgan 8-7  a great wild match! Morgan started out with a 5 pt move and looked to have Kraus dead flat pined, only to suffer an INJ, but keep coming back to wrestle, Kraus then put on a TD clinic and gutter out the match to win, and i have to say, that the boos heard after that match made some people really sick!..to those who were one of them, you have no fricken clue!...if a wrestler decided to gut it out after an INJ as the young Morgan so bravely did, it's not the responsibility of the other wrestler to lighten up!...and the young Kraus didn't one bit and never showed one single sign of unsportsmanlike conduct in his wrestling in that match,...instead of them boos, ya should have been on your feet applauding them both!  matches like that are far and in between and all we can do is hope to see it one more time....to the young Kraus i say, put that Garbage behind ya, ya wrestled a great and just match! good luck kid..

Wow, how sad. They just don't make em like they used to. Sounds like a great match,  wish I coulda seen it!!! Was badger state there?

Yes they were

bigG

In a huge match yesterday in the match up of the day In Sun Prairie, the young Collin Kraus from Stoughton beat Wilmots Jake Morgan 8-7  a great wild match! Morgan started out with a 5 pt move and looked to have Kraus dead flat pined, only to suffer an INJ, but keep coming back to wrestle, Kraus then put on a TD clinic and gutter out the match to win, and i have to say, that the boos heard after that match made some people really sick!..to those who were one of them, you have no fricken clue!...if a wrestler decided to gut it out after an INJ as the young Morgan so bravely did, it's not the responsibility of the other wrestler to lighten up!...and the young Kraus didn't one bit and never showed one single sign of unsportsmanlike conduct in his wrestling in that match,...instead of them boos, ya should have been on your feet applauding them both!  matches like that are far and in between and all we can do is hope to see it one more time....to the young Kraus i say, put that Garbage behind ya, ya wrestled a great and just match! good luck kid..

Not excusing the boos, but dis Kraus get off his back due to the injury? Nothing brings out the boo-birds more than a guy yelping to escape the pin, then coming back fine-and-dandy. Dunno if that happened in this match; but it does happen.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imwi

Quote from: bigG on February 22, 2015, 10:58:17 AM

Not excusing the boos, but dis Kraus get off his back due to the injury? Nothing brings out the boo-birds more than a guy yelping to escape the pin, then coming back fine-and-dandy. Dunno if that happened in this match; but it does happen.

No not at all, Morgan was the one injured not Kraus.  The boos started when Kraus was on top, had his leg in on Morgan's injured leg then reached back and grabbed the ankle and elevated it.  Then it just went on from there.  Morgan congratulated Kraus after the match so didn't look to me like there were any hard feelings.  Helluva match

Mack

Sometimes I think adult fans forget that the two guys out there really are just kids.  I've been guilty of this myself.  Your emotions are already high, and you see something you don't like, and respond in a way you never would ordinarily.

I've always thought that as a fan, my goal should be to master my emotions.  I want our wrestlers to compete to the very best of their ability, why shouldn't I ask the same of myself as a fan?  Why should I be able to give into every impulse, and say whatever stupid thing that comes to my head?  That is weak.  Being a good sport takes strength and self control. 

I really hope to never boo a teenager in my lifetime.

bigG

maggie

Actually, I don't  believe it was even his bad side...but ya had to love that move Morgan has mastered ha IMWI?   one has to go back a long, long ways to remember the true master of that move, Racine parks 3 time state champion Frank Velasquez..... ;)...heck of a move!

imwi

Quote from: maggie on February 22, 2015, 12:51:21 PM
Actually, I don't  believe it was even his bad side...but ya had to love that move Morgan has mastered ha IMWI?   one has to go back a long, long ways to remember the true master of that move, Racine parks 3 time state champion Frank Velasquez..... ;)...heck of a move!

It was his bad side...let's wait for Shane to get the matches up.  So, any other time, great move but since the kid is injured, now he gets booed.  Fans...gotta luv 'em!  I had no dog in that fight but did watch it, hate to see the booing.

maggie

imnofish

When our kids were competing in sports, it could get pretty darn emotional at times, but I don't recall ever booing a call or an opponent.  My better half used to get a lot more wound up than I, so I got her a video camera (VHS!).  It gave her something to "focus" on, so her emotions didn't get her kicked out of the event.   ;)   I used to tease her about it, but she said it really did help; plus, she did a great job of filming.  Neither of us felt it was right for fans to disrespect the kids and the refs.  Pretty inconsistent with the supposed objective of teaching sportsmanship...   ::)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestling135

I just watched the Kraus and Morgan match. And all I can say is wow, what a shame! Some people just don't know one inappropriate term3 of a wrestling match when they see it. The boos were completely uncalled for. Kraus simply put on a dominate performance as usual. Morgan Continued to wrestle after being injured and Kraus did what it took to win the match. Yes people,  getting rough and being physical is a part of this sport. And Kraus did a wonderful job executing that.!  Congratulations Collin! Hopefully Morgan gets healed up by state because he was looking like an animal in the first! Both of these two are going to give Lee all he can handle!

bigG

Booing a great match. Sad day.

I get emotional as heck when I coach; but you gotta give props the other teams, too.

I wanna see this match when I get a chance.

Orca

In a huge match yesterday in the match up of the day In Sun Prairie, the young Collin Kraus from Stoughton beat Wilmots Jake Morgan 8-7  a great wild match! Morgan started out with a 5 pt move and looked to have Kraus dead flat pined, only to suffer an INJ, but keep coming back to wrestle, Kraus then put on a TD clinic and gutter out the match to win, and i have to say, that the boos heard after that match made some people really sick!..to those who were one of them, you have no fricken clue!...if a wrestler decided to gut it out after an INJ as the young Morgan so bravely did, it's not the responsibility of the other wrestler to lighten up!...and the young Kraus didn't one bit and never showed one single sign of unsportsmanlike conduct in his wrestling in that match,...instead of them boos, ya should have been on your feet applauding them both!  matches like that are far and in between and all we can do is hope to see it one more time....to the young Kraus i say, put that Garbage behind ya, ya wrestled a great and just match! good luck kid..

I agree completely. Looked like an outstanding match between two competitors. That booing was completely unnecessary. Both wrestlers were competing to win and it is too bad that Morgan had an injury. Nothing is better than when two guys go out there with that kind of intensity. Hats off to both those kids.
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember