Any Big Time Individual Matchups at Team Sect Tonight?

Started by Han Solo, February 17, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Han Solo

Never tell me the odds!

Orca

Looks like Ramsey Bloy of Freedom will wrestle August Peplinski of Wittenberg Birnamwood at 195
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

Orca

Nevermind Freedom forfeited the rest of their matches after sealing the victory
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

Han Solo

Quote from: Orca on February 17, 2015, 09:38:30 PM

Bummer.  Can't blame them though. 
Never tell me the odds!

stbird

I just gone done telling people in Maryland that we don't do that in WI!  oooops

Quote from: Orca on February 17, 2015, 09:38:30 PM

TomM

I am told that in Minnesota high school tournament series if you forfeit a weight class during the 'series' (dual meet sectionals and state) you can not use that weight class again during the series.  So in this case, Rice Lake would only be able to wrestle four weight classes at dual meet state tournament. 
Anyone have the 'rule' on that from Minnesota?

I would be 100% in favor of this.  I drove to over an hour to Verona last night for a Sectional Dual CHAMPIONSHIP and if one or the other team had forfeited matches I would have been none to happy as a wrestling fan and customer.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

stbird

I agree.  I think that is total garbage not to give the kids the chance to wrestle another match and to give the fans the chance to see the match.  Worrying about injuries in wrestling is just chicken s--t!

Quote from: TomM on February 18, 2015, 11:15:32 AM
I am told that in Minnesota high school tournament series if you forfeit a weight class during the 'series' (dual meet sectionals and state) you can not use that weight class again during the series.  So in this case, Rice Lake would only be able to wrestle four weight classes at dual meet state tournament. 

I would be 100% in favor of this.  I drove to over an hour to Verona last night for a Sectional Dual CHAMPIONSHIP and if one or the other team had forfeited matches I would have been none to happy as a wrestling fan and customer.

Paul Harvey

Bad Form Freedom, Bad Form!  ::)

I guess it's a free country though?  ???
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

imnofish

MNbadger would know the answer to this question.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

aarons23

Quote from: stbird on February 18, 2015, 11:21:46 AM
I agree.  I think that is total garbage not to give the kids the chance to wrestle another match and to give the fans the chance to see the match.  Worrying about injuries in wrestling is just chicken s--t!

[/

Really? A high school kid works his butt off his whole high school career to have a shot of making the podium and your mad because the coaches don't wrestle them in a dual meet that already decided......it's not about your entertainment.....it's about putting young adults in the best situation to be successful .  
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

maggie

just curious , how many matches did freedom happen to forfeit?... I'm also wondering of those matches that were forfeited, was it because the wrestlers might meet again this weekend...thanks if anyone knows...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

MarkK

Quote from: aarons23 on February 18, 2015, 11:54:20 AM
Quote from: stbird on February 18, 2015, 11:21:46 AM
I agree.  I think that is total garbage not to give the kids the chance to wrestle another match and to give the fans the chance to see the match.  Worrying about injuries in wrestling is just chicken s--t!

I am told that in Minnesota high school tournament series if you forfeit a weight class during the 'series' (dual meet sectionals and state) you can not use that weight class again during the series.  So in this case, Rice Lake would only be able to wrestle four weight classes at dual meet state tournament.  

I would be 100% in favor of this.  I drove to over an hour to Verona last night for a Sectional Dual CHAMPIONSHIP and if one or the other team had forfeited matches I would have been none to happy as a wrestling fan and customer.
[/

Really? A high school kid works his butt off his whole high school career to have a shot of making the podium and your mad because the coaches don't wrestle them in a dual meet that already decided......it's not about your entertainment.....it's about putting young adults in the best situation to be successful .  

I agree Aaron in that scenario I have no problem with what they did.  Of course I'm there to see all the matches I can.  I can see forfeits nearly every Thursday night of the year.  Don't like seeing them during the big events though.  But on this, I don't have an issue with it.  

Maggie it was  three.  But it didn't matter one or more it was for the continuation and in the best interest of the kids who are there.  
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Dale Einerson

I agree with the Freedom Coaches; Aarons...agreeing with Freedom I might have suspected, but agreeing with Aarons is entirely unexpected.

If you want to watch meaningless bouts, google something, or just watch any political-entertainment station, or Beverly Hills Housewives...

Probably the same people complaining about this that would complain if somebody got hurt and couldn't continue in the State Tournament series after injury in a meaningless bout. 

My heavens, you want your new rope and you want to eat it too...

aarons23

Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 18, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
I agree with the Freedom Coaches; Aarons...agreeing with Freedom I might have suspected, but agreeing with Aarons is entirely unexpected.

If you want to watch meaningless bouts, google something, or just watch any political-entertainment station, or Beverly Hills Housewives...

Probably the same people complaining about this that would complain if somebody got hurt and couldn't continue in the State Tournament series after injury in a meaningless bout. 

My heavens, you want your new rope and you want to eat it too...

At least your showing progress. ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

wrestle84

I saw that Jordan Myers injury defaulted in the Sparta match. Hope he is ok for saturday.