Roenicke can go as well

Started by velcroe, May 29, 2013, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velcroe

We are still refusing to move guys...in the past week (at least 5 times) we have had guys on first and second and no one out and its just the old swing away policy.  How about a bunt or hit and run.

Also I hope we don't screw up these young pitchers by bringing them up and getting lit up.  Hellweg may be a good pitcher in time but right now he is clearly out of his element.  In order to be successful you must control the strike zone. Throwing 60 pitches inside of three innings twice in a row shows he has little control.  He even made the JV screw-up of not throwing a one hopper hit to him and start a double play, but no he tries to pick a guy off third which leads to 3 more runs. 

And how many years in a row are we going to finish in the bottom 20 percent of the league in fielding. 

Then Roenicke in a tie game (which feels like a lead to me now) brings in Badencrap instead of Axford/Henderson/Gorzelanny.  And of course we lose another game.  Its not all Roenicks's fault but the owe well attitude makes me want to throw up.

mat time

Quote from: velcroe on July 06, 2013, 12:18:13 AM
We are still refusing to move guys...in the past week (at least 5 times) we have had guys on first and second and no one out and its just the old swing away policy.  How about a bunt or hit and run.

Also I hope we don't screw up these young pitchers by bringing them up and getting lit up.  Hellweg may be a good pitcher in time but right now he is clearly out of his element.  In order to be successful you must control the strike zone. Throwing 60 pitches inside of three innings twice in a row shows he has little control.  He even made the JV screw-up of not throwing a one hopper hit to him and start a double play, but no he tries to pick a guy off third which leads to 3 more runs. 

And how many years in a row are we going to finish in the bottom 20 percent of the league in fielding. 

Then Roenicke in a tie game (which feels like a lead to me now) brings in Badencrap instead of Axford/Henderson/Gorzelanny.  And of course we lose another game.  Its not all Roenicks's fault but the owe well attitude makes me want to throw up

Was this the game where he pulled Gorzelony with 2outs and put in Badenhop. I wasn't happy about that at all. I see now they are starting to press on defense also.(errors) . and as usual the base running in last nights Mets game was awful.
Gold medals aren

Ghetto

The defense and base running last night were atrocious. Hellwig has to feel like he's gotta strike every batter out the way they've played behind him.

Right now there's no veteran presence. Ramirez is too soft spoken. No one rips Gomez or Segura for running through a stop sign or making a bad decision on the bases.

Last nights loss was really bad.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Keep Gomez and Juan, leave Braun on the DL and blow up the rest of the team.

Aram, Yonni and Anoki,,,trade them at the deadline for something.

Weeks and Hart, figure out how to cut the losses with them.

Axeford, Henderson and Krod, not sure but maybe keep Henderson and trade the others for a nice water cooler.

Offer Loeshe up to someone and pay for some of the contract, maybe some team will give some young arms with the cash they will get.

I like Mal, the catcher and maybe offer LuCroy a spot at first.

velcroe

Well surprise my soul Fat Francisco with 2 more errors leading to another loss.  Roenicke says he wants to give Francisco a chance to see if he is our future at 3rd base.  OMG ROLF holy crapoli.

Ghetto

Quote from: velcroe on July 08, 2013, 05:35:10 PM
Well surprise my soul Fat Francisco with 2 more errors leading to another loss.  Roenicke says he wants to give Francisco a chance to see if he is our future at 3rd base.  OMG ROLF holy crapoli.

Unreal really. He's a complete butcher at third. He can't move quickly enough to play anything but first, and he's not good there either.

Problem is, behind Ramirez, who I think they are going to deal, there is nothing. There's no prospect worth anything coming up either.

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on July 08, 2013, 06:57:27 PM

Unreal really. He's a complete butcher at third. He can't move quickly enough to play anything but first, and he's not good there either.

Problem is, behind Ramirez, who I think they are going to deal, there is nothing. There's no prospect worth anything coming up either.

The crazy project that has been at first base has been terrible.  None of those guys were natural 1st base players. I have no idea what Roenicke is doing there.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Ghetto

I guess Halton is in his spot. He isn't ever going to be a superstar, but he might be a solid player in the league.

Corey Hart will sign with someone else next year, probably as a DH in the American League. Not sure the Brewers want him back at $10 million, though I don't think anyone will pay him that much.

I guess what scares me is the lack of position talent anywhere in the minor leagues. Its almost as if the Brewer organization has been so focused on pitching that they have forgotten to stock the shelves with position guys. On the Brewers own website, of the top four position players in the system, two are at single A ball, and are a long ways away from the major league roster. Gennett will get his chance eventually, but he's not ready. Not sure why Morris isn't playing first for the Brewers and Halton is. Two of those top prospects are in the OF and at C, two positions where we don't need help.

littleguy301

Quote from: Todd on July 09, 2013, 08:52:00 AM

The crazy project that has been at first base has been terrible.  None of those guys were natural 1st base players. I have no idea what Roenicke is doing there.

I agree with that but before I am going to hang Roenicke, I have some questions, is he playing with the cards that has been deal to him. What were the other options at first? Did the Brewers try to pick someone up? Is there no other talent in the minors?

DrSnide

Quote from: littleguy301 on July 09, 2013, 04:37:00 PM
Quote from: Todd on July 09, 2013, 08:52:00 AM
Well surprise my soul Fat Francisco with 2 more errors leading to another loss.  Roenicke says he wants to give Francisco a chance to see if he is our future at 3rd base.  OMG ROLF holy crapoli.

The crazy project that has been at first base has been terrible.  None of those guys were natural 1st base players. I have no idea what Roenicke is doing there.

I agree with that but before I am going to hang Roenicke, I have some questions, is he playing with the cards that has been deal to him. What were the other options at first? Did the Brewers try to pick someone up? Is there no other talent in the minors?

1st Basemen this season:

Corey Hart - lost for the season due to injury
Matt Gamel - lost for the season due to injury
Taylor Green - lost for the season due to injury

than all the scrubs that followed - and Hart was originally thought to be coming back in May so they may have not been in a hurry until then  

I'm guessing they decided why waste Morris and his service time for a lost year.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

boowrestle

Waste Morris???why not bring him up and let him play since iam thinking he will be given every chance to be the guy come next year/
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

I think they'll give Gamel another chance. The guy can hit, flat out. He was pretty athletic but I'm guessing that he will be less so coming back.

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on July 09, 2013, 05:25:07 PM
I think they'll give Gamel another chance. The guy can hit, flat out. He was pretty athletic but I'm guessing that he will be less so coming back.

+1

Too bad Gamel was hurt this year. It would have been nice to see how he would do.

Ghetto

This season, though I will go to three or four more games, is essentially over. I just hope they play better baseball than they did for a while.

The roster, when healthy, is good offensively. Its not terrible defensively either.

So while its not the all star break yet, I'm putting together next year's lineup:

Aoki RF
Segura SS
Braun LF
Gamel 1st
Weeks 2nd
Gomez CF
Taylor Greene 3rd
Lucroy C
Pitchers: Gallardo, Lohse, Peralta, ??, ??