Roenicke can go as well

Started by velcroe, May 29, 2013, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

On paper he's had all the tools, he's had some horrible outings this year, not just today.  I think there is chatter about Yo being up for trade, not sure what they should do with that as he's been terrible then good and then struggled again.  Maybe dump him while they can?
"This page intentionally left blank".

Houndhead

You don't give up on young talented pitchers because they are struggling in their first year in the majors. Peralta still has a very, very long leash.

Ghetto

Peralta isn't going anywhere, unless they send him back to AAA. He's gonna be a pitcher in this league.

I hate to just give up on the Brewers but this isn't their year regardless.

I like the rotation if Peralta can start flashing performance close to his potential. Gallardo, Lohse and Peralta, despite all being right handed, is a nice 1-3 in the rotation.

I still say that MLB put Braun on the DL.

Hart has issues with his other knee now. I wonder if he's not going to be a DH in the American League really soon. Other than 1st base he really doesn't provide anything in the field.

No one is taking Weeks. Only a big money team would absorb his salary. He just keeps having such prolonged slumps. Then he smashes two shots like the other day (and he's been hot lately the past what, month?) and you remember that no one squares on a ball like he does when he's on.

The thing with trading guys is you have to find a mix of veterans and young guys capable of winning. If you deal all your arms away, then you are taking huge risks on young arms. I seriously doubt Gallardo is on the block. Melvin might as well punch his ticket out of town. He can't survive prolonged losing at this point.

To the point of this thread, I still like Roenicke. I think long term he's a good manager.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Agreed Ghetto. I like Roenicke as a manager also.

Ok, if the Brewers could field a healthy team, the line up would look like this.

Aoki
Segura
Braun
Ramirez
Hart
LuCroy
Gomez
Weeks

I believe all of these players except Hart are signed for next year. Lohse, Gallardo, Peralta, Estarda,. If Melvin could sign a veteran pitcher, or Hellweg or Nelson are ready for the rotation next year, this looks like a playoff caliber team. It sounds too good to be true.

velcroe

Brewers farm system ranked 30th according to MLB.com......Is it possible to teach an unathletic outfielder in grindl to at least catch flyballs or a fat 1st basemen Francsco to bend over or move laterally or a fat and slow utility infielder Betancourt to not swing at every pitch or a manager to realize that since your team has almost nothing offensively to move runners and try to scratch out runs even in the first inning.  Worst defense in the league to boot.

Todd

Oh super, another "wait till next year" approach.  Except most likely MLB will suspend Braun for 50-100 games and then the season will be lost. 

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on June 28, 2013, 08:27:54 AM
Oh super, another "wait till next year" approach.  Except most likely MLB will suspend Braun for 50-100 games and then the season will be lost. 

You don't really believe this year is not already lost do you? Any moves made by this team must be for the future, not this year.

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on June 28, 2013, 09:33:49 AM
Quote from: Todd on June 28, 2013, 08:27:54 AM
Oh super, another "wait till next year" approach.  Except most likely MLB will suspend Braun for 50-100 games and then the season will be lost.  

You don't really believe this year is not already lost do you? Any moves made by this team must be for the future, not this year.

It was lost months and months ago.  My point being it's just a repetitive conversation about this organization of "wait till next year".  I was really hoping my 78-84 prediction was going to be really low but I had to go with history of this team.  Injuries or not, I still think with all the Skippers that have been there they still haven't found the right person for the job.  At first I liked the way RR was aggressive with base running, squeeze plays etc but in many other ways he's just out coached.

My daughter loves to go to The Ballpark and my son has been too but the crap they put out on the field yesterday and other days does not make me want to go and spend good money there.  I just have my app and check to see how the games are going, if it's close I'll watch but meh, there's much better ways to spend time and money than what they're putting out. 

Ghetto

I'll just say I disagree that Roenicke isnt the guy for the job. Most of the games the Brewers have lost this year have not been on the manager.

Yeah, this season IS lost. I hate that. There's so much more season to go.

velcroe

Goodbye Ron....cant hit with men on base.....won't move runners....and worst fielding team in majors.  I feel sorry for our pitchers.

boowrestle

Personally,i feel for the rest of the players(non pitchers) last year it was the bull pen and now the starters.The starters can not consistantly get threw 6 innnings
you can run but you cannot hide.

velcroe

Mark...what are you waiting for????????????? Oh yeah pitch Axford to one batter (23 scoreless in a row??) and pitch Rodriguez u to 40 pitches.  What a great mind to showcase Rodriguez before trading him..40 flippin pitches, now we wont get a bucket of balls for him in a trade, with him less is better.  Its about time to give Ax a chance to close again and have Henderson in support.

Todd

Quote from: boowrestle on June 29, 2013, 10:18:22 PM
Personally,i feel for the rest of the players(non pitchers) last year it was the bull pen and now the starters.The starters can not consistantly get threw 6 innnings

+1  The starting pitching has been the worst in baseball.  We're lucky if our starters make it to 4 innings without giving 5+ runs.  Then the bullpen comes in and usually cleans up their junk.  The bullpen has been amazing.  Maybe just intentionally pitch the starter 2-3 innings and then get the bullpen rotated in there before the starter does their damage.  Ugh!

What happened to Loshe today?

velcroe

Oh and while I was listening to the game on Sirius radio the Pirates announcers talked about the Pirates pitchers lead the NL in walks but they thought that would be neutralized because the Brewers have more swings out of the strike zone then any team in baseball.  Another big surprise from our passionate leader captain Ron.

Ghetto

It's the managers fault that guys can't pitch or swing at strikes? I'd say that's on the GM