Started by velcroe, May 29, 2013, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: DrSnide on July 09, 2013, 04:46:23 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on July 09, 2013, 04:37:00 PM
Quote from: Todd on July 09, 2013, 08:52:00 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on July 08, 2013, 06:57:27 PM
Quote from: velcroe on July 08, 2013, 05:35:10 PM
Well surprise my soul Fat Francisco with 2 more errors leading to another loss.  Roenicke says he wants to give Francisco a chance to see if he is our future at 3rd base.  OMG ROLF holy crapoli.

Unreal really. He's a complete butcher at third. He can't move quickly enough to play anything but first, and he's not good there either.

Problem is, behind Ramirez, who I think they are going to deal, there is nothing. There's no prospect worth anything coming up either.

The crazy project that has been at first base has been terrible.  None of those guys were natural 1st base players. I have no idea what Roenicke is doing there.

I agree with that but before I am going to hang Roenicke, I have some questions, is he playing with the cards that has been deal to him. What were the other options at first? Did the Brewers try to pick someone up? Is there no other talent in the minors?

1st Basemen this season:

Corey Hart - lost for the season due to injury
Matt Gamel - lost for the season due to injury
Taylor Green - lost for the season due to injury

than all the scrubs that followed - and Hart was originally thought to be coming back in May so they may have not been in a hurry until then  

I'm guessing they decided why waste Morris and his service time for a lost year.

Not quite sure why Morris would be "wasted".  He's the natural choice for the position.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Monk74

I don't know the exact rules, but players start building up "time of service" toward free agency as soon as they hit the major leagues.  So the point is why allow him to get closer to free agency during a season that is already over.

DrSnide

Quote from: Monk74 on July 10, 2013, 08:42:50 AM
I don't know the exact rules, but players start building up "time of service" toward free agency as soon as they hit the major leagues.  So the point is why allow him to get closer to free agency during a season that is already over.

That was my point, why rush him to the majors and burn his service time. Not to mention he's only hitting .241 in AAA right now, he may not be ready for the MLB pitching right now, why call him up early and overwhelm him.  I'm fine with being patient with Morris for now.  That said I suspect we will see him as a Sept call up to see how he does.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

velcroe

Roenicke makes me want to throw up on a daily basis.  1st and 2nd no outs and a 3-0 count on Weeks who had struck out twice...first we are not bunting and two Roenicke has Weeks swing on 3-0 and quickly hits into a double play to help kill the inning.  Then Roenicke in all his wisdom lets Lohse come out to pitch the 7th. What does Roenicke have to do to get fired.

mat time

Quote from: velcroe on July 13, 2013, 11:15:06 PM
Roenicke makes me want to throw up on a daily basis.  1st and 2nd no outs and a 3-0 count on Weeks who had struck out twice...first we are not bunting and two Roenicke has Weeks swing on 3-0 and quickly hits into a double play to help kill the inning.  Then Roenicke in all his wisdom lets Lohse come out to pitch the 7th. What does Roenicke have to do to get fired.

just couldn't believe Weeks play. There is no sane reason you give him a green lite. I think he struck out looking in his previous two ABs.  Then the nite before Lucroy leads off the inning with a double gets to third on a wild pitch. He's sitting at third with no outs and Weeks, Haldon, & Bettencourt coming up and he doesn't score.
As far as im concern Weeks is the major reason for this season and last season disappointment. He's is a pathetic excuse for a MLB player.
Gold medals aren

mat time

Quote from: mat time on July 14, 2013, 09:29:18 AM
Quote from: velcroe on July 13, 2013, 11:15:06 PM

just couldn't believe Weeks play. There is no sane reason you give him a green lite. I think he struck out looking in his previous two ABs.  Then the nite before Lucroy leads off the inning with a double gets to third on a wild pitch. He's sitting at third with no outs and Weeks, Haldon, & Bettencourt coming up and he doesn't score.
As far as im concern Weeks is the major reason for this season and last season disappointment. He's is a pathetic excuse for a MLB player.

The more I think of it giving Weeks the green lite wasnt that bad of a call. Any MLB hitter should be able to hit a piped fastball down the middle of the plate. Ricky isnt a MLB hitter and he has to be the worst 2nd basemen in the league. He is a POS and we need to find a replacement fast.
Gold medals aren

velcroe

Martin Maldanado has to play??? He's the personal catcher for Peralta.  Come on, he's hiting 0.181 and he's even slower than fat Francisco and Betancourt.  Lucroy needs to be taught some other position while this failed experiment continues...we need his bat especially with runners on base.

littleguy301

Betteroffonthebenchincourt,,,,how about that?

There is a few guys on the Brewers that I think I might keep up with in a foot race!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mat time

I believe Maldonado would be a good hitter if he got some regular ABs. Give him some time at first. Wish it was Sept. 1st we dont have much to call up but im tired of watching Weeks, Betttencout struggle consistently. And now our relievers cant seem to throw strikes.
Gold medals aren

Todd

Quote from: velcroe on July 14, 2013, 06:26:17 PM
Martin Maldanado has to play??? He's the personal catcher for Peralta.  Come on, he's hiting 0.181 and he's even slower than fat Francisco and Betancourt.  Lucroy needs to be taught some other position while this failed experiment continues...we need his bat especially with runners on base.

That's it!  When Maldanado is catching they can put Luc at 1st!!! That would make as much sense as what they're doing now.   >:(
"This page intentionally left blank".

littleguy301

Well,,,,,,,who is going it is getting close.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

velcroe

Come on Mark!!!!!!! We would all applaud your efforts if you canned Roenicke now, if you want dump Melvin along the way since none of our minor league players can play at the major league level.

Ghetto

Roenicke is going to get a pass. With Braun, Ramirez and Hart gone, they lose approximately 75 HRs.

Gallardo has been junk as well.

Melvin HAS to be on the block though, I agree. The minor league position talent is terrible. There are no answers for three to five years at an above average level.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mat time

I agree about RR, I also think some of his decision have come from the team lack of production in both pitching and hitting. But I can't see how u keep the hitting and pitching coach. This teams defense and clutch/ situational hitting is the poorest i have ever se :'(en.
Gold medals aren

Houndhead

Roenicke inherited a bad team. It is all Ned Yost and Dale Svuem's fault. Even though he has done nothing to right the ship, and his leadership skills leave alot to be desired,Roenicke deserves another 4 years to get this turned around.