2019-2020

Started by dad 2 5, March 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

I was really hoping Bono would communicate more. 

wrastle63

Quote from: Harris on August 24, 2019, 04:29:12 PM
What do you want him to give you a recap of how every day went?

Harris

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 24, 2019, 10:50:31 PM
Quote from: Harris on August 24, 2019, 04:29:12 PM
What do you want him to give you a recap of how every day went?

I was hoping he would keep up the videos he was doing.  He started off doing them all the time and I haven't seen one in a while now.  Is he even doing this any more?  Let's keep the excitement going.  His enthusiasm is contagious. 

mkm13

I dont believe he did jump around Monday's much last summer either. I would expect him to start them this fall.  He is as good as it gets in terms marketing the program and generating excitement, I dont think that will change. 

Right now i would be fine if he was going all in on recruiting.

BuckyMatt

Agreed Luke, tons of information from the Coaching staff on Twitter. Two weeks ago were tweets of visiting a few of the Stoughton studs as well as some of the top Illinois talent. Prior to that it was a photo of Reader having an in home with Braxton Amos. Any sites that tag the coaching staff, They retweet including Camps they are running around the country  or interviews they do for the podcast "Wrestling Changed My Life".  You can also see what recruits the Coaches like their tweets and vice versa. Good stuff if you look!

Harris

Guess I need to get a twitter account  :)

npope

What's twitter?

Only half joking when I ask.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imnofish

Twitter sounds like it's pretty groovy, cool, and hip.  Will it work on my flip phone?   ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

dad 2 5

I too would like some more buzz about what is going on and what's up in teh room. I see MN will be releasing their schedule dates next week. Hopefully Bucky does too

TomM

Big Ten has not released schedules yet for anyone. (to clarify; the Big Ten schedule is not announced yet)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Northern Iowa will be in Madison 2/20

Numbers

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 30, 2019, 10:43:09 AM
Northern Iowa will be in Madison 2/20

The Thursday of individual state?  Does it start at Noon?  If so, I will be there!

Steve Heinzl

Individual State is Feb 27-29.  The 20th would be the Thursday before Sectionals.  Hopefully there's one the Sunday after State again this year.  That was a great addition to an awesome weekend of wrestling last year.

Numbers

Quote from: Steve Heinzl on August 30, 2019, 12:14:59 PM
Individual State is Feb 27-29.  The 20th would be the Thursday before Sectionals.  Hopefully there's one the Sunday after State again this year.  That was a great addition to an awesome weekend of wrestling last year.

This leap year thing with 5 Saturdays in February is messing up my schedule.

mkm13

Looks like Connor Brown will be wrestling at Missouri this year:

https://mutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7758