2019-2020

Started by dad 2 5, March 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: TomM on July 17, 2019, 11:39:59 PM
Nat,
That is not even listed in the Urban Dictionary. Must be an Illinois thing.

I tried lookin' it up, too. Flatlander speak. I suppose Nat calls it a "drinking fountain." Pht!

Got a little scary pondering what it might have meant.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

npope

Quote from: bigG on July 18, 2019, 06:25:02 AM
Nat,

I tried lookin' it up, too. Flatlander speak. I suppose Nat calls it a "drinking fountain." Pht!

Got a little scary pondering what it might have meant.

If you boys simply got out more often ;) Go to The Mat.Com forum board (http://board.themat.com) and type in "HEW" in the search box you will get six pages of hits on the topic.

Also boys, I did my time in Illinois and they let me out for good behavior, been living in Texas for the past two years...developing a whole new perspective of you cheese-chuckers  :)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

Where I come from, we use the appropriate acronymic terminology: TOW.

thesweep

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 18, 2019, 05:15:02 AM
Someone messaged me and pointed out that in Brady Wetter's limited matches last year, there's a hint about what might be in the cards for 197 this year:

Ill take overall results over head to head results for this one. 17-10 v. 3-3 (and didnt he quit?)  I watched Wetter do an elevator from the other guy's shot in his first match against Buffalo that he lost. I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same to Watkins but he didnt escape getting pinned. Either way, I dont care who represents us at 197 as long as its the best man out there. I'm sure it will sort it self out in the room.

WRTCSean

There are a lot of good questions in this thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they all could be answer at the Steak Fry on Saturday. Which of you are going to attend to get the answers? Luke, BigG, Dad 2 5, etc., are any of you signed up yet? I know Tom and Kirk will be there!

Tickets are still available at www.brtcwrestling.com. Can't wait to see you there and have some good wrestling discussions!

BuckyMatt

Quote from: BRTCSean on July 18, 2019, 05:37:37 PM
There are a lot of good questions in this thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they all could be answer at the Steak Fry on Saturday. Which of you are going to attend to get the answers? Luke, BigG, Dad 2 5, etc., are any of you signed up yet? I know Tom and Kirk will be there!

Tickets are still available at www.brtcwrestling.com. Can't wait to see you there and have some good wrestling discussions!

How about those of us attending make a pact of secrecy so if you want the answers, you have to come??  ;D ;D ;D

badgerjohn

Nat,

Urban Dictionary?  Is that a Watertown thing?
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

GoodGod

So is this our tentative lineup for next year:

125 Rotundo/Cullen/Barnett/Burwick
133 Gross
141 Moran
149 Martin
157 Model/Bahr/Vosters
165 Wick
174 Dow
184 Sebastian
197 Watkins/Wetter/Breske?
285 Hillger

thesweep

I'm not much for small talk either. Maybe we could all bring our laptops and talk wrestling on the forum so it's not weird.   ;D

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

2-Time Illinois State Champion Nicholas Termini is now listed on the roster at 157 at www.uwbadgers.com

Welcome to the Wisconsin Badgers Nick!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Manty77

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 26, 2019, 01:46:14 PM
For the class of 2018-19, how many of the following do you think we'll get, total?

Big Ten Top 5s
NCAA Qualifications
NCAA All-Americans

I was so bullish on this group: Dow / Krattiger / Schoenherr / Scharenbrock / Dentino / Salemme. We kept all but one from that class in the coaching transition. Now though, it feels like there's precisely no hype for this class.

Would we be happy with Two Big Ten Top 5s, Four NCAA qualifications, and Zero trips to the podium?
Which one did we lose in the coaching transition?

dad 2 5

For the class of 2018-19, how many of the following do you think we'll get, total?

Big Ten Top 5s
NCAA Qualifications
NCAA All-Americans

I was so bullish on this group: Dow / Krattiger / Schoenherr / Scharenbrock / Dentino / Salemme. We kept all but one from that class in the coaching transition. Now though, it feels like there's precisely no hype for this class.

Would we be happy with Two Big Ten Top 5s, Four NCAA qualifications, and Zero trips to the podium?

Dow I would think 174 this year and then back down to 65 for next year and seems very promising!
Krattiger, 84? I think he could be tough by the time next year rolls around and could have a solid Badger career
Schoenherr should battle with Detino for the starting spot at 41 next year. Not sure what we get from either one of them
Scharenbrock I think he will be much like his brother in that he is in the room daily and pushing the guys around him (49?)
Salemme Guessing he will be a good practice partner at 97 and hwy and work hard in the room every practice

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Big Ten Top 5s
NCAA Qualifications
NCAA All-Americans

We will have to see how it plays out.

Either Dow or Krattiger have a good chance to start this year at 174 as a Redshirt Freshman with Sebasitan planning to be at 184. Dow had a solid freshman year; Krattiger did not wrestle as many matches but has great potential.

With Seniors Gross, Moran and Martin in the lineup. Dentino, Schoenherr, and Scharenbrock look to be backups. Next year is probably their best chance at varsity. Scharenbrock had a good redshirt year - will he compete at 157? 

It will be interesting what weight Salemme goes - he may backup Hillger. Will Watkins claim the spot at 197? I presume Salemme redshirts.

How do these redshirt freshman stack up against this year's freshman - Barnett,  Burwick, Stilling, Escobar, Termini, Otto and Christensen?
How much have the redshirt freshman improved since the beginning of last year? Time will tell....

There will be quite a few openings in the lineup the following season with Cullen, Gross, Moran, Martin, Sebastian, and Watkins all seniors. Plenty of varsity opportunities down the road.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

bigG

Quote from: BRTCSean on July 18, 2019, 05:37:37 PM

Sorry , I was on a lake up north (near Winter). Caught some sweet walleyes, though.

Oz125

I live near Winter, there are no walleyes up this way. ;D