2019-2020

Started by dad 2 5, March 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Will be curious how Dow's style will transition against the high level college guys in folkstyle.  Will he be able to develop a consistent leg attack? 

Krattiger has seemingly battled injuries a lot over the last few years.  Can he stay healthy?  Has the injuries impacted where he is at now?

On FRL they mentioned both Hall and Amine could take an olympic redshirt this year.  That would make 174 weaker, especially in the big  10.  Would be a great opportunity for Dow or Krattiger to have a successful first year in the big 10.

Will be curious how the class develops.  Bono and staff are wanting to get the program to the next level.  To do that, if they are not top 10/top 15 type wrestlers, with the staffs ability to recruit there is a decent chance not many will make lineup. 

FRL also mentioned Fix and Micic could take an olympic redshirt.  If so, that would make 133 a little less difficult for Gross.  He would still have Suriano to deal with.

WRTCSean

I'll let your trip up north slide! You can still support and get any questions answered at the Golf Outing on August 24th.

The Golf Outing may be a better opportunity for Luke to give some support since he doesn't like making small talk with strangers. He only needs to grab 3 non-strangers and he can golf with them!  ;D

Golf Registration can be found at www.brtcwrestling.com

Quote from: bigG on July 28, 2019, 12:19:17 PM
Quote from: BRTCSean on July 18, 2019, 05:37:37 PM
There are a lot of good questions in this thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they all could be answer at the Steak Fry on Saturday. Which of you are going to attend to get the answers? Luke, BigG, Dad 2 5, etc., are any of you signed up yet? I know Tom and Kirk will be there!

Tickets are still available at www.brtcwrestling.com. Can't wait to see you there and have some good wrestling discussions!

Sorry , I was on a lake up north (near Winter). Caught some sweet walleyes, though.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

BuckyMatt

Quote from: BRTCSean on July 29, 2019, 01:27:33 PM
I'll let your trip up north slide! You can still support and get any questions answered at the Golf Outing on August 24th.

The Golf Outing may be a better opportunity for Luke to give some support since he doesn't like making small talk with strangers. He only needs to grab 3 non-strangers and he can golf with them!  ;D

Golf Registration can be found at www.brtcwrestling.com

Quote from: bigG on July 28, 2019, 12:19:17 PM
Quote from: BRTCSean on July 18, 2019, 05:37:37 PM
There are a lot of good questions in this thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they all could be answer at the Steak Fry on Saturday. Which of you are going to attend to get the answers? Luke, BigG, Dad 2 5, etc., are any of you signed up yet? I know Tom and Kirk will be there!

Tickets are still available at www.brtcwrestling.com. Can't wait to see you there and have some good wrestling discussions!

Sorry , I was on a lake up north (near Winter). Caught some sweet walleyes, though.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

imnofish

Quote from: Oz125 on July 28, 2019, 02:02:58 PM
I live near Winter, there are no walleyes up this way. ;D

I've been in the area for most of the summer.  It's been too hot to be Winter.   ;) 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

My son and I caught 12 legal walleyes during the week. The rest of my bags are bluegill and crappie. Large Moths were hitting on the lake we stay on. Pigs. I was surprised we only landed a few smallies in the Flambeau.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on July 26, 2019, 01:26:44 PM
2-Time Illinois State Champion Nicholas Termini is now listed on the roster at 157 at www.uwbadgers.com

Welcome to the Wisconsin Badgers Nick!

He was originally a Old Dominion recruit. Fargo AA. Also an all area running back.

roughandtough

Didn't wetter leave the team last year?  I see he is listed on this years roster.

wrastle63

Big news for Wick as defending champ Lewis will take an Olympic redshirt.

mkm13

Assuming McFadden moves down to 165 with Lewis redshirting, it won't get much easier, but certainly easier than the defending national champ.

The redshirt decisions overall could help a lot of individual wrestlers as well as the overall team race for UW.  Without Lewis, UW could jump Virgina Tech at NCAA's.  If Micic and Amine both redshirt for Michigan, UW could jump them as well.

leg turk

Any word yet on who will be redshirting for the Badgers this year?

thesweep

Sure, wish we had an insider who would leak some information every once in a while!!!  ;D 

WRTCSean

We have the RTC golf outing on Saturday with spots still available. I have a feeling you could ask this question and get some answers....

leg turk

No offense Sean, but I'm on a budget and can only afford to donate so much to the RTC.  I wish I could donate more, but I can't at this time.

dad 2 5

Just looked at the roster again on the Badger web site and no 174 guy listed yet. I wonder how the line up is going to shake out. Looking forward to the release of the schedule too. Hoping to get to most the home matches to see this exciting team out on the mat. Expecting big things!