Lack of attendance at home matches.

Started by leg turk, December 29, 2016, 08:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on January 15, 2017, 09:13:36 PM
How many were in attendance for the Ohio State Wisconsin Match?

Do you mean what was the number in attendance or how many of us watching this thread attended the meet?  I don't know the total attendance but I do know I was there.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: imwi on January 15, 2017, 10:37:32 PM

Do you mean what was the number in attendance or how many of us watching this thread attended the meet?  I don't know the total attendance but I do know I was there.

Total Attendance at the meet - I could not find it anywhere.

I see Nebraska had 1500 for the Friday match against Wisconsin and 2200 for the Sunday match against Michigan.   I would think the UW - OSU match was in that range.  Friday is a tougher draw because of Friday Night High School Matches.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

MNbadger

I was at the meet with friends from Wisconsin.  We discussed attendance.  I did not walk around at intermission but I did see lots of people from schools/towns 1-2 hours away.  There has to be plenty of wrestling fans in towns/schools this distance from Madison.  I don't get it.  Wisconsin is improving and competitive. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 12, 2017, 11:20:04 AM
The Badgers have a great twitter account. They post a lot of information on there and updates during tournaments and duals. Even Barry posts every once and awhile. They have posted 3 things today.
\
I scratched my head at this comment. I went to what I thought was the twitter account and found nothing. Then I looked at it closer and it had another link in it so I clicked that and BAM! I found the twitter account and it is pretty active.

By the way, google badger wrestling @Badger_wrestle and see what you come up with. Some thing that states 15 followers and @badger_wrestle hasnt tweeted yet.

I wonder how many people go to that one and get nothing and go screw it just like me!!!!!

I wish they would just take that one down and maybe people that are computer dumb may try again instead of actually looking at that bad twitter and not look further into it ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Just so everyone knows, their Twitter account is @badgerwrestling

wrastle63

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 16, 2017, 10:45:29 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on January 12, 2017, 11:20:04 AM
The Badgers have a great twitter account. They post a lot of information on there and updates during tournaments and duals. Even Barry posts every once and awhile. They have posted 3 things today.
\
I scratched my head at this comment. I went to what I thought was the twitter account and found nothing. Then I looked at it closer and it had another link in it so I clicked that and BAM! I found the twitter account and it is pretty active.

By the way, google badger wrestling @Badger_wrestle and see what you come up with. Some thing that states 15 followers and @badger_wrestle hasnt tweeted yet.

I wonder how many people go to that one and get nothing and go screw it just like me!!!!!

I wish they would just take that one down and maybe people that are computer dumb may try again instead of actually looking at that bad twitter and not look further into it ;D
That would be confusing! They should try to figure that out. It was a pretty great resource for news about the Badgers and updates with what is going on.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on January 15, 2017, 10:59:38 PM
Quote from: imwi on January 15, 2017, 10:37:32 PM

What does everyone think the attendance should be? 2000? 3000?

Total Attendance at the meet - I could not find it anywhere.

I see Nebraska had 1500 for the Friday match against Wisconsin and 2200 for the Sunday match against Michigan.   I would think the UW - OSU match was in that range.  Friday is a tougher draw because of Friday Night High School Matches.

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

I contacted the fieldhouse, and they got back to me.

Our attendance at the Ohio State dual was 943.

Thank you,

Breanne

MNbadger

Attendance Sunday Badgers vs Gophers at the Pavilion: 2890
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Ghetto

The Badger twitter account is really great. Follow them. Their updates are fun.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Musky Hunter

Looks like Coach Davis is getting in tune with social media.  Great to see.  I hope they continue getting a great group of young men and grow this program.

Handles II

Quote from: Ghetto on January 17, 2017, 12:54:36 PM
The Badger twitter account is really great. Follow them. Their updates are fun.

Putting butts in the seats is what really matters, if twitter is helping with that, awesome. But the reality is that we need help from our state-wide news sources, in particular the WSJ and MJS and TV news stations to get awareness out there to the general public. If B-ball or F-ball are ranked in the top 20 it's big news, yet wrestling isn't even mentioned.

wrastle63

Agreed we are ranked higher than Badgers BBall, but yet no press from major news.

Ghetto

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 18, 2017, 10:26:51 AM
Agreed we are ranked higher than Badgers BBall, but yet no press from major news.

I didn't even look at it that way. Good point.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

Quote from: Ghetto on January 18, 2017, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on January 18, 2017, 10:26:51 AM

I didn't even look at it that way. Good point.

351 D1 college basketball teams, Badgers ranked 17th.
79  D1 college wrestling programs, Badgers ranked 13th (tourney), and 20th (dual).

Which is a better accomplishment?
Which is more popular?
Of course Football, basketball gets all the glory.  They are also the ones paying the bills.