2016 - 2017 Roster

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, June 20, 2016, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

wrastle63

Would be surprised to see Graham at 141 and Peissig at 97. I like Martin aND Reinhardt for those slots

dad 2 5

it is a good problem to have seeing weights that are going to be battles. That should push the guys to improve day in and day out.

mkm13

Where does that leave Robertson? Is he hurt?

wrastle63

After watching last year I can't tell if hurt or weight cut was too much.

billymurphy

Projected starters
125 Lantz
-
-
149 Crone (great start to last season and wheels fell off at the end)
184 Ritter
197 Reinhardt

And I think Evan Wick(redshirts) takes over at 165 lbs once Jordan graduates.

ElectricGuy

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

mkm13

Hope we still have enough scholarship money available to get a top heavyweight recruit like Hillger.  With Konrath, Lawson, Bahr, and Hamaurer already committed in that class, adding a guy like Hillger would make this class the best we have had in along time.

BuckyMatt

Hilger looks like a Beast and reminds me of Medberry coming out of HS(pinning everyone, HS fullback bowling over people, smaller size for a HWT but super athletic). Sign him up Coaches!!!

dad 2 5

Quote from: mkm13 on August 13, 2016, 06:53:37 AM
Hope we still have enough scholarship money available to get a top heavyweight recruit like Hillger.  With Konrath, Lawson, Bahr, and Hamaurer already committed in that class, adding a guy like Hillger would make this class the best we have had in along time.
I like the looks of the last two classes and this one coming up (2017) looks to be solid

sudden_victory

Quote from: getyourpoints on August 21, 2016, 05:57:09 PM
Have the Badgers ever let anyone do both Football and wrestling?
John Roberts, All American, 1941.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

billymurphy

Tim Krumrie -  football nose tackle and member of the Wisconsin wrestling team in 1979 and 1980
He was good at both

marshman

With the level of commitment it takes to play football or wrestle at the D1 level I just don't think it would be possible to compete at a high level in two sports, especially ones that are back to back.

DocWrestling

If he was to play football then he would have to be on football scholarship.  You cannot give scholarship money to a wrestler and then they play football.  They would count against the 85 man scholarship limit.  (You can not be a scholarship wrestler and a football walk-on as far as I know) Point is that he would have to be an outstanding football player that the football team is willing to give a scholarship to and it does not sound like that will be any kind of a possibility with the scholarship limits football has right now. 

Football would have to be top priority year round and then join wrestling team in January.

In reality he will have to choose one or the other
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Barou

Quote from: marshman on August 22, 2016, 09:36:22 AM
With the level of commitment it takes to play football or wrestle at the D1 level I just don't think it would be possible to compete at a high level in two sports, especially ones that are back to back.

Lorenzo Neal - Fresno State - played football and was a 4th round pick.  Also an All-American in wrestling.  Difficult for sure but "possible".
JHI Mafia