Evan Wick

Started by oldfan, December 12, 2015, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudden_victory

Life is a bowl of cherries.

sudden_victory

San Marino to Corona is a long drive so they probably have hotel rooms anyway. In Wisconsin, would wrestlers get any slack if a snowstorm made them late for weigh ins?

vsmf2010

Quote from: sudden_victory on February 17, 2016, 08:13:52 PM
San Marino to Corona is a long drive so they probably have hotel rooms anyway. In Wisconsin, would wrestlers get any slack if a snowstorm made them late for weigh ins?

Absolutely, happens all the time. They pushed back the weigh in at Bi-State this year. I remember the Dells Duals weigh-ins being pushed back because of snow at least once and I recall several times at almost every tournament that we have waited for teams including 1 year at regionals or sectionals. Not sure which is was.

sudden_victory

The brackets have been slow all weekend and now the site is down, but someone on Cali forum said both Wicks won CIF, Zander beat Josh Kim of Santiago and Evan beat Luke Troy of MLKing in the finals. Next week: Southern Section Masters.

sudden_victory

CIF Southern Section Masters will be live streamed at www.NFHSNetwork.com semis and finals.

sudden_victory

The Wick brothers have qualified for state by making the semifinals. Zander has three pins, Evan a tech and two pins. Both semifinals are against wrestlers from Vista Murrieta high school, at 145 Jacob Cooper is ranked 9th in the state, 152 Anthony Orozco is ranked #4. The other semifinals include wrestlers they each beat in the CIF finals last week.

sudden_victory

Zander won 11-2 and will wrestle Phillip Zamora of Laguna Hills, a senior ranked #12 in state.
Evan won 16-1 and has another rematch with Luke Troy, ranked #2.

TLV

Are both Wick brothers coming to Sconnie. I just started looking at this thread. Sounds like both are exceptional.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

dad 2 5

Quote from: TLV on February 27, 2016, 03:11:42 PM
Are both Wick brothers coming to Sconnie. I just started looking at this thread. Sounds like both are exceptional.

Yes they are both from what I have heard

sudden_victory

Zander Wick dec Phillip Zamora 4-1
Evan Wick Dec Luke Troy 3-2.
State brackets should be up on the website above in a day or two.
Yes, they are committed to Wisconsin next year.

sudden_victory

There is a link to the California state brackets on Clovis wrestling Twitter. Barring any upsets, both Wick Bro's would oppose the #3 ranked wrestler in the state in the semis and #2 in the finals. For Zander it would be Greg Gaxiola of Buchanan ( Central Section runner up) in the semi and Ruben Garcia of Selma ( Central section champion) in the finals. Greg Gaxiola lost to Evan in the 152 finals of Doc Buchanan.
Evan's semi opponent would likely be Brandon Martino of Clovis ( Central section champion) with another final vs Luke Troy of ML King (Southern section runner up)..

sudden_victory

Ghetto

Brackets are on trackwrestling
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

SuperDuck

Quote from: npope on February 09, 2016, 05:20:34 AM
Quote from: sudden_victory on February 08, 2016, 06:10:20 PM
I've been reading the California forum to figure out what happened in the dual tournament. I had heard San Marino lost in the semifinals to Downey. Turns out it was 36-36 but Downey won on criteria because San Marino forfeited 5 matches. Their 120 was injured, 106 is a girl and was at a divisional qualifying tournament for girls' state and they don't have 190, 220 or 285. There were no individual upsets or it would have been mentioned.

And a team that walks in the door with absolutely no big guys and nobody to back up at 120 gets the number one seed in a quality tournament? Geeez, wrestling in CA is certainly a horse of a different color.

I'm not sure about the duel meets or what area's are strong out there, but I do know California is one of the strongest wrestling states as a whole in the country.  A one time state champ from Cali is like a 2-3 timer from many other states give the number of wrestlers and the one division. 

Ghetto

Both Wicks are in the semis. Evan went pin, tech,tech and Zander went tech, decision, fall.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove