Started by oldfan, December 12, 2015, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfan

In the finals of Ironman vs Mason Manville

oldfan

Zander is going for 3rd

billymurphy

1st Place Match
Mason Manville (Wyoming Seminary, PA) 8-0, Sr. over Evan Wick (San Marino, CA) 4-1, Sr. (Dec 8-1).

mkm13

Zander won 5-0 in the 3rd place match.  Zander's loss was in OT to a sophomore ranked 4th in the country.  

Solid showing for both Zander and Evan.  We need to recruit more guys of their talent level.

gijd

I believe Wisconsin is always trying to recruit guys like the Wick brothers. Problem is, for whatever reason they're not choosing Wisconsin. The Wicks will be a great addition to the team.

Harris

After following them since they committed, I am very excited to see them in Badger red. 

sudden_victory

Evan Wick is in the finals at 152 and Zander Wick is in the 145 finals tonight at Doc Buchanan. It has become a national tournament with teams from Colorado, Arizona, Oregon and New Jersey along with California teams like Clovis (host), Gilroy, Calvary Chapel , and Buchanan ( and San Marino, of course).
Life is a bowl of cherries.

sudden_victory

145 Zander Wick (San Marino) 3-1 Quentin Hovis (Seton Catholic Prep (Az))
152 Evan Wick (San Marino) 7-1 Greg Gaxiola (Buchanan)

Ghetto

Great to see. Keep it rolling!
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: gijd on December 13, 2015, 07:37:28 AM
I believe Wisconsin is always trying to recruit guys like the Wick brothers. Problem is, for whatever reason they're not choosing Wisconsin. The Wicks will be a great addition to the team.

Or they don't develop when there at Wisconsin.
"Wait till next year"

hammen

Thanks for adding value Ivan.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: hammen on January 10, 2016, 10:13:10 AM
Thanks for adding value Ivan.

SO I cannot post if I don't have the same opinion as you? Lets just call it the hammen forum then!!!

Congrats to the Wick twins for a nice tourney

hammen

Or just trying to stay on topic - focus of the thread is Wick and giving credit where it is due. Y'all have a knack for getting off topic to berate the program pretty quick.

sudden_victory

More likely than not developing, they will be multiple All Americans. Have twins or brothers won NCAA titles in the same year?

dad 2 5

Quote from: sudden_victory on January 10, 2016, 11:08:10 AM
More likely than not developing, they will be multiple All Americans. Have twins or brothers won NCAA titles in the same year?

SV - I think the Brands and the Banach twins did but someone will need to confirm.