Da' Bears!

Started by imnofish, September 22, 2013, 11:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on October 22, 2013, 06:22:10 AM
Quote from: bigG on October 22, 2013, 06:14:59 AM
I sometimes worry that younger Packer fans have been waaaay spoiled.

I'm a Brewer fan, too, so the pain isn't a mystery.

Still, it's all petty crap compared to wrestling.

I tell my stepson that all the time. Many, many very poor years from the Packers, Brewers, and Badger football and basketball teams. The last 20 years have been much more enjoyable. Thank you Ron Wolf, Ted Thompson, Mike Holmgren, Mike McCarthy, Pat Richter, Barry Alverez, Dick Bennett, Bo Ryan, Mark A, Doug Melvin, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers.

+1 and Reggie White  and I'll throw Bielema in there too.
"This page intentionally left blank".

bkraus

Quote from: neutral on October 21, 2013, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: bkraus on October 21, 2013, 02:06:50 PM
We have a new employee here at work that played football for Trestman in Montreal.  After playing for him he thinks that Trestman is the perfect guy to lead a NFL team.  His level of attention to detail is outstanding, and given time and the right players, he will change the Bears.  Boy do I hope he is wrong!

Man ... am I ever glad to hear that somebody you know thinks Trestman might be for real - had my doubts right up til then.

What have I done for all these personal attacks from you?
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on October 22, 2013, 06:15:06 AM
Quote from: imnofish on October 21, 2013, 11:04:16 PM
Quote from: howavi on October 21, 2013, 10:04:21 PM
Quote from: imnofish on October 21, 2013, 01:09:04 PM
Issues that have plagued the Bears were too great to magically cure in one season.  Their new GM and coaching staff had made some positive steps, but it's going to take time.  Anyone who expected more than that was guilty of extreme naivete or wishful thinking.

Didn't you start this thread with a post stating the Bears were undefeated? Were you naive at that moment of weakness ?

I posted a link to an article about the Bears, but this is from my first comment in this thread: "...Are the Bears at the pinnacle, yet?  No, but they are improving.  No shame in supporting your team, whether you are a Packer fan or a Bear fan."  I am a fan, but I'm certainly not naive about where the Bears are at this point; nor was I when I started this thread.  As for their injury situation, nobody could anticipate that. 

Cutler hasn't started a full season since his first one with the Bears. You should have expected him to miss some time.

I never stated that I expected him to be injury-free.  Again, I was noting team improvements, which were evident at the time this thread was started.  I also noted that those improvements take time to fully materialize, just as they do with the Packers or any other team.  Not sure why you are trying to hold me personally accountable for the Bears recent injury problems, though.   ???
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

neutral

Quote from: bkraus on October 22, 2013, 09:03:50 AM
We have a new employee here at work that played football for Trestman in Montreal.  After playing for him he thinks that Trestman is the perfect guy to lead a NFL team.  His level of attention to detail is outstanding, and given time and the right players, he will change the Bears.  Boy do I hope he is wrong!

Man ... am I ever glad to hear that somebody you know thinks Trestman might be for real - had my doubts right up til then.

I'll have to admit ... there is some carry over to you of the bad taste developed from the Houndhead posts - but, in general, it's the attitude that Bears fans are universally foolish ... Packer fans are all-knowing ... unless the opinions of the 2 overlap or are supported by someone a Packer fan knows knows (as opposed to other-than-in-WI universally accepted experts).
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

bkraus

Quote from: neutral on October 22, 2013, 09:43:07 AM
Quote from: bkraus on October 22, 2013, 09:03:50 AM

I'll have to admit ... there is some carry over to you of the bad taste developed from the Houndhead posts - but, in general, it's the attitude that Bears fans are universally foolish ... Packer fans are all-knowing ... unless the opinions of the 2 overlap or are supported by someone a Packer fan knows knows (as opposed to other-than-in-WI universally accepted experts).

Got ya.  And I understand where you are coming from.  All I do is offer up my opinion.  As a Packer fan, our opinions are most likely not going to jive in good harmony.  I want to see the Packers go 16-0 and the Bears 0-16 every year.  Just in a fan's make-up.  My comments on Trestman were supposed to be a positive twist.  I think in time he will be an excellent coach for you all, much to my dismay.  I just don't, and will not ever see Jay Cutler as anything bu average.  Thought that at Vandy and Denver too.
Strive for Perfection

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on October 22, 2013, 09:32:59 AM
Issues that have plagued the Bears were too great to magically cure in one season.  Their new GM and coaching staff had made some positive steps, but it's going to take time.  Anyone who expected more than that was guilty of extreme naivete or wishful thinking.

Didn't you start this thread with a post stating the Bears were undefeated? Were you naive at that moment of weakness ?

I posted a link to an article about the Bears, but this is from my first comment in this thread: "...Are the Bears at the pinnacle, yet?  No, but they are improving.  No shame in supporting your team, whether you are a Packer fan or a Bear fan."  I am a fan, but I'm certainly not naive about where the Bears are at this point; nor was I when I started this thread.  As for their injury situation, nobody could anticipate that. 

Cutler hasn't started a full season since his first one with the Bears. You should have expected him to miss some time.

I never stated that I expected him to be injury-free.  Again, I was noting team improvements, which were evident at the time this thread was started.  I also noted that those improvements take time to fully materialize, just as they do with the Packers or any other team.  Not sure why you are trying to hold me personally accountable for the Bears recent injury problems, though.   ???

I am not saying you are responsible, I'm saying it could have been expected.

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on October 22, 2013, 10:35:30 AM

Aaron Rodgers has a history of concussions.  Are you expecting him to be concussed this year?  "Could have" and "should have" are not the same thing.  None of us are authentically clairvoyant, so this is a non-issue, IMO.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

DrSnide

Quote from: imnofish on October 22, 2013, 11:18:50 AM

yes but I'm a pessimist :( 

Aaron Rodgers has a history of concussions.  Are you expecting him to be concussed this year?  "Could have" and "should have" are not the same thing.  None of us are authentically clairvoyant, so this is a non-issue, IMO.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

neutral

(neutral) -
[/quote]

(bkraus) -
Got ya.  And I understand where you are coming from.  All I do is offer up my opinion.  As a Packer fan, our opinions are most likely not going to jive in good harmony.  I want to see the Packers go 16-0 and the Bears 0-16 every year.  Just in a fan's make-up.  My comments on Trestman were supposed to be a positive twist.  I think in time he will be an excellent coach for you all, much to my dismay.  I just don't, and will not ever see Jay Cutler as anything bu average.  Thought that at Vandy and Denver too.
[/quote]

Whereas I want to see the Bears go 19-0 ... & the Packers to go (14-15)-3.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on October 22, 2013, 11:18:50 AM
Issues that have plagued the Bears were too great to magically cure in one season.  Their new GM and coaching staff had made some positive steps, but it's going to take time.  Anyone who expected more than that was guilty of extreme naivete or wishful thinking.

I posted a link to an article about the Bears, but this is from my first comment in this thread: "...Are the Bears at the pinnacle, yet?  No, but they are improving.  No shame in supporting your team, whether you are a Packer fan or a Bear fan."  I am a fan, but I'm certainly not naive about where the Bears are at this point; nor was I when I started this thread.  As for their injury situation, nobody could anticipate that.  

I never stated that I expected him to be injury-free.  Again, I was noting team improvements, which were evident at the time this thread was started.  I also noted that those improvements take time to fully materialize, just as they do with the Packers or any other team.  Not sure why you are trying to hold me personally accountable for the Bears recent injury problems, though.   ???

Aaron Rodgers has a history of concussions.  Are you expecting him to be concussed this year?  "Could have" and "should have" are not the same thing.  None of us are authentically clairvoyant, so this is a non-issue, IMO.

I don't know if I expect it, but I wouldn't  be surprised if he missed time with a concussion. History does tend to repeat itself. I think Clay Mattews is a perfect example. Someone on here predicted he would miss at least 4 games because of his history of injuries.

bkraus

Quote from: neutral on October 22, 2013, 01:05:59 PM
(neutral) -

(bkraus) -
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can respect that.  My uncle used to say a successful season was 2-14 so long as the two wins were against the Bears.  ;)  I do like your perspective of a Bears Packers playoff game though.
Strive for Perfection

Houndhead

Quote from: bkraus on October 22, 2013, 02:11:22 PM
Quote from: neutral on October 22, 2013, 01:05:59 PM
(neutral) -

(bkraus) -

[/quote]

I can respect that.  My uncle used to say a successful season was 2-14 so long as the two wins were against the Bears.  ;)  I do like your perspective of a Bears Packers playoff game though.
[/quote]

As a Packer fan I want to see the Bears go 0-16, the Vikings go 2-14 and Lions go 4-12.

bigoil

I want the Packers to win the division.  I generally would think most fans are more knowledgeable than Packer fans, personally I'm a football fan first and foremost. As for wins and losses there's only one team I root to win but I appreciate the specific team and player performances.

Houndhead

Quote from: neutral on October 22, 2013, 07:48:37 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 22, 2013, 06:22:10 AM
Quote from: bigG on October 22, 2013, 06:14:59 AM
I sometimes worry that younger Packer fans have been waaaay spoiled.

I'm a Brewer fan, too, so the pain isn't a mystery.

Still, it's all petty crap compared to wrestling.

I tell my stepson that all the time. Many, many very poor years from the Packers, Brewers, and Badger football and basketball teams. The last 20 years have been much more enjoyable. Thank you Ron Wolf, Ted Thompson, Mike Holmgren, Mike McCarthy, Pat Richter, Barry Alverez, Dick Bennett, Bo Ryan, Mark A, Doug Melvin, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers.

"Many, many very poor years from the Packers, Brewers, and Badger football and basketball teams."

All that - and all you learned from it it (and pass on to your stepson) was/(is) to kick a man when he's down? ... reminds me of a quote (can't think of who's) ... (something like) what a man says & does reveals the true nature of his character.

If I was a Packer fan on the football section of Illinios wrestlingcom. I would expect a little abuse from Bear fans. But this is wiwrestling.com.

TomM

I enjoy the Bears.  I enjoy WSCR 670am and the discussions.  I know more about the Bears, than I know about the Packers, thanks to WSCR. 
I don't like it when Bears get hurt.  It is much more fun when they are all healthy. (but nothing worse than the Urlacher 90 yard INT return for TD at Christmas time one year... aaargh)

What would be the best ONLINE (like podcast or live radio over the internet) to hear about the Packers all week? 
Not WTMJ ... I do hear some on the ESPN station in Jackson, Wisconsin.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"