Da' Bears!

Started by imnofish, September 22, 2013, 11:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkraus

Quote from: harley on September 27, 2013, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: bkraus on September 25, 2013, 10:58:22 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on September 24, 2013, 09:10:45 PM
Dan Hampton, Keith Van Horne are some of the guys I did like on the Bears. Richard Dent was another.

I really should not say this, but I was/am a Jim McMahon fan but I would cheer him to do good in 14 games during the year but the other 2, not so much ;)

Didnt like the Bears because of the rivals but I did like some of the guys on the team.

Jim McMahon for his personality was a fun guy.  but as a player, he was not all that great.  Take away Walter Payton on McMahon was average at best.

What kind of player do you think Ponder would be if the Vikings did not have Peterson ??? Could he any worse? Is it possible?

Ponder is bad with or without Peterson.  When the Vikings wasted their first round pick on him, I cheered!   ;D
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

Bears suck today.  Cutler seems intent on breaking Favre's interception records.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

The Last Ride

Quote from: imnofish on September 29, 2013, 02:20:52 PM
Bears suck today.  Cutler seems intent on breaking Favre's interception records.   :P

Brett Favre had some fun vs. the Bears

More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on digg Share on google Share on stumbleupon Share on myspace Share on email

By Vaughn McClure, 12:45 p.m.

Brett Favre has decided to retire after 17 seasons. You know that.

But let us count some ways Favre put the hurt on the Bears in his time with the Packers.

Although the Bears swept Favre this past season, the quarterback still owns a 22-10 record against the Bears, including a 12-3 mark at Soldier Field.

His 25 career touchdown passes at Soldier Field are the most he had at any opposing stadium.

Favre completed 664 of 1,076 passes for 7,660 yards, 53 touchdowns and 38 interceptions against the Bears.

His longest pass play is against the Bears was a 99-yard connection to Robert Brooks for a touchdown on Sept. 11, 1995.

His all-time record for completions (36) and yards (402) was at Soldier Field on Dec. 5, 1993.

He also tied a career-high with five touchdown passes against the Bears on Nov. 12, 1995.

Now the Bears can cross their fingers and hope that Favre stays retired.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

imnofish

Lol!  I think Brett's retirement is now permanent.  Yes, he did very well against the Bears.  My reference was to his interception records, since Cutler had more than his share vs the Lions. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

neutral

Quote from: howavi on September 27, 2013, 07:24:48 AM
Don't like the Bears, never will! Payton was always regarded as tough and I can only remember my dad always barking at him for going out of bounds.

He did play with class as did his predecessor GS.

How out of it was your dad?

Did Payton ever run out of bounds when there was no more to be gained? ... yes.
Did whatever he saved on that run help him to run through somebody on another play ... you bet.
If you watch any amount of his games ... you have to call Payton a tough runner & player - and I don't recall him missing many plays ... let alone games ... even when he was all they had.

Save your criticism for someone deserving ... not one of the greatest & toughest running backs ever (apologies for him being a Bear) - or continue to show your ignorance.  Shows you that you can't believe everything your parents tell you. 

This is the kind of crap that really gets to me about some Packer fans - no objectivity what-so-ever when it comes to the Bears.

Criticism is always more acceptable when accompanied by intelligence & objectivity

(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

aarons23

Neutral...now tell us how objective the Bears fans are .   Lol.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

neutral

Quote from: aarons23 on October 11, 2013, 09:15:41 AM

Idiots are everywhere - but I don't hear Bear fans cuttin' on universally revered Packer HOFers.

bkraus

Quote from: neutral on October 11, 2013, 09:35:14 AM

Idiots are everywhere - but I don't hear Bear fans cuttin' on universally revered Packer HOFers.

I've heard plenty of Bear fans cutting down plenty of guys who wear green and gold.  I have tons of relatives in Chicago, and when they are not trying to spout off about how great the Cubs are, they are bashing anything non-Bears.  Or jumping on the Blackhawks bandwagon.

But I will agree with you on Payton being one of the best to ever play, unfortunately for Chicago.  I was fortunate enough to meet him in 1992, and he was an even better person than player.
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

My father-in-law met Payton a couple of times and took a pic with him.  Said he was a really nice guy.  Every team has had its greats and not-so-greats.  As a fan of the Bears AND Packers, I have no problem acknowledging great play and not-so-great play by members of either team.  For example, last Sunday I ripped on Cutler's lousy performance.  This week I have to give him credit for a very solid performance.  I joke about Brett Favre's interception records, but he was my favorite NFL player for several years.  Right now, Aaron Rodgers holds that distinction, despite the fact that I prefer the Bears over the Packers.  Of course, the rest of the NFL sucks compared to these two teams.    ;D

neutral

Quote from: bkraus on October 11, 2013, 10:03:33 AM

I've heard plenty of Bear fans cutting down plenty of guys who wear green and gold.  I have tons of relatives in Chicago, and when they are not trying to spout off about how great the Cubs are, they are bashing anything non-Bears.  Or jumping on the Blackhawks bandwagon.

But I will agree with you on Payton being one of the best to ever play, unfortunately for Chicago.  I was fortunate enough to meet him in 1992, and he was an even better person than player.

I said ... "... I don't hear Bear fans cuttin' on universally revered Packer HOFers." ... not cuttin' on the Packers.

Since there are more people in northern IL than in WI ... it stands to reason that there are more idiots there than here.  However - the same rule of thumb would say there are more intelligent fans there than here too.  Regardless - there is plenty of intelligence & objectivity on both sides of the border to carry on intelligent & objective football discussion - so I wonder what it says that very little of it ends up on this forum.

Houndhead

Funny how everyone is suddenly a Blackhawks fan.

neutral

Quote from: Houndhead on October 11, 2013, 11:50:33 AM

And I'm pretty sure if the Bucks started winning ... there'd be a lot more Bucks fans.

Stop trying to make it sound like WI sports fans are better, smarter, or more loyal than everybody else.  Between superbowls - there was a lot less green & gold showing than in the SB years.  WI has just one thing nobody else can claim to rival ... Lambeau Field - and that's it.

bkraus

Quote from: neutral on October 11, 2013, 12:39:52 PM

And I'm pretty sure if the Bucks started winning ... there'd be a lot more Bucks fans.

Stop trying to make it sound like WI sports fans are better, smarter, or more loyal than everybody else.  Between superbowls - there was a lot less green & gold showing than in the SB years.  WI has just one thing nobody else can claim to rival ... Lambeau Field - and that's it.

Bucks winning???  That's funny right there!
Strive for Perfection

Big House

The only thing good about the bears is ...

Maybe I'll think of something in a minute.
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

Houndhead

Quote from: neutral on October 11, 2013, 12:39:52 PM

Well, the Packers have sold out every game since 1960. That includes a lot of bad seasons, so yes, their fans are more loyal and better than everybody else. Deal with it.