Da' Bears!

Started by imnofish, September 22, 2013, 11:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

The Bear's Super Bowl Shuffle............ :o  ???
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

imnofish

Quote from: The Last Ride on September 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM
The Bear's Super Bowl Shuffle............ :o  ???

I have a (framed) vintage 45 of that release hanging on my sports wall, thanks to my wonderful wife!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

670AM "The Score" radio out of Chicago...  Already chattering about 'the undefeated or nearly undefeated' teams in the past in NFL ... the other night they mentioned New Englands and Dophins...
Already looking ahead to 16-0 and SB in Chicago at "3-0" ... Classic
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

It's quite premature for ANY franchise to think that way, at this point in the season.   ::)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Todd

Quote from: TomM on September 25, 2013, 06:56:20 AM
670AM "The Score" radio out of Chicago...  Already chattering about 'the undefeated or nearly undefeated' teams in the past in NFL ... the other night they mentioned New Englands and Dophins...
Already looking ahead to 16-0 and SB in Chicago at "3-0" ... Classic

The Bears started out the first half of the season 7-1 last year, how'd that work out for them?
"This page intentionally left blank".

bkraus

Quote from: littleguy301 on September 24, 2013, 09:10:45 PM
Dan Hampton, Keith Van Horne are some of the guys I did like on the Bears. Richard Dent was another.

I really should not say this, but I was/am a Jim McMahon fan but I would cheer him to do good in 14 games during the year but the other 2, not so much ;)

Didnt like the Bears because of the rivals but I did like some of the guys on the team.

Jim McMahon for his personality was a fun guy.  but as a player, he was not all that great.  Take away Walter Payton on McMahon was average at best.
Strive for Perfection

bigG

Quote from: maggie on September 24, 2013, 07:49:27 AM
had to love how Aykroyd seen'em......da-bears, bears......s   bears, daaaaaaaaaaa bears , AHHHHbEARS, BAERSSSSSSSSSSZ... :D

My favorite one was Chris Farley as Todd's wife when Todd was thinkin' about cheating on "her."

Stirrin' up that big pot of sausages..."you're MYYY DiTka!"

littleguy301

Quote from: bkraus on September 25, 2013, 10:58:22 AM
Dan Hampton, Keith Van Horne are some of the guys I did like on the Bears. Richard Dent was another.

I really should not say this, but I was/am a Jim McMahon fan but I would cheer him to do good in 14 games during the year but the other 2, not so much ;)

Didnt like the Bears because of the rivals but I did like some of the guys on the team.

Jim McMahon for his personality was a fun guy.  but as a player, he was not all that great.  Take away Walter Payton on McMahon was average at best.

I believe he was a tad below average as a QB but I believe he has one of the best winning % of any starting QB of all-time. Sure he had great teams in Chicago but lets not forget that he did well in San Diego and in Minnesota also. I know he was something like 9-3 as a starter on a team that was NOT all that good.

They say he could memorize a playbook in no time flat. I remember hearing that when he was in Green Bay that year.

His personality was just plain awesome and it fit with the team that is for sure ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

He was definitely the best QB the Bears have had during my lifetime.  Most of them have sucked.

bigG

Sadly, two of my favorites of all time wore dem stinkin' Bears jerseys.

bigoil

Don't like the Bears, never will! Payton was always regarded as tough and I can only remember my dad always barking at him for going out of bounds.

He did play with class as did his predecessor GS.

bkraus

Quote from: imnofish on September 26, 2013, 04:15:50 PM
He was definitely the best QB the Bears have had during my lifetime.  Most of them have sucked.

I actually appreciate you saying this.  I don't understand how people that are Bears fans saying Cutler is this second coming.  Bottom line is the guy is not that good.  Million dollar arm, 10 cent head.
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

Quote from: bkraus on September 27, 2013, 08:13:54 AM
Quote from: imnofish on September 26, 2013, 04:15:50 PM
He was definitely the best QB the Bears have had during my lifetime.  Most of them have sucked.

I actually appreciate you saying this.  I don't understand how people that are Bears fans saying Cutler is this second coming.  Bottom line is the guy is not that good.  Million dollar arm, 10 cent head.

My family is loaded with die hard Bears fans and NONE of them refers to him in glowing terms.  Seems like this new coaching staff is having an impact on him, though.  Did you see how much quicker his release was?  Time will tell if they can turn him around...  

harley

Quote from: bkraus on September 25, 2013, 10:58:22 AM

What kind of player do you think Ponder would be if the Vikings did not have Peterson ??? Could he any worse? Is it possible?