Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Kelly had a rough start to the weekend. Practice and qualifying, he wasn't up to speed where he wanted to be. Started 32nd, I believe. He and the crew worked on a tight race car all day and had a 7th place finish at California. Great start to the season. Vegas next weekend.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

Great race for Kelly yesterday. Hopefully this helps get more support dollars to the team!

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: WISCwrestlingfan on February 16, 2010, 01:12:46 AM
Quote from: woody53 on February 14, 2010, 07:14:41 PMJamie McMurray wins the 500 today. Didn't know that he was a high school wrestler that gave up the sport to chase his dream as a race car driver. Kenseth came up from about 20th in the last few laps to finish 8th.

I was surprised to hear that as well.

I've been noticing that several former wrestlers are now NASCAR drivers. 

Similar to the often circulated list of "former wrestlers who go on to be NFL football players."

I think we need to get a list going of "former wrestlers who went on to race in NASCAR."
    * Kelly Bires
    * Jaime McMurray
    * Kevin Harvick (I learned last week that he is a former wrestler)

* Who else can we add to the list?
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

maggie

I MAY HAVE TO TALK TO KELLY MY SELF,,,,I WILL TURN THIS KID IN THE RIGHT (OR LEFT) DIRECT MYSELF....
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

millert

Dont go easy on him maggs.  Big week for him.  Bristol is a tough track but the 88 has run well there.
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

First time with the Hellman's sponsorship on the car for Kelly.

WISCwrestlingfan

Kelly Bires is slated to be a guest on Speed's (TV channel) "NASCAR Race Hub" sometime this week.

woody53

JR Motorsports announced yesterday that Kelly will have a Wisconsin teammate for Bristol this weekend in that Sott Wimmer will be in the #7 car.

dad 2 5

I saw that Scott was listed in the car. Good to see. Hope they can bring back State Park in Wausau but it would be nice to see Scott get one shot at a solid ride for a year to see what he could do.

woody53

Quote from: WISCwrestlingfan on March 15, 2010, 11:20:29 AM
Kelly Bires is slated to be a guest on Speed's (TV channel) "NASCAR Race Hub" sometime this week.
The Hub said he will be on tomorrow night at 6:30 our time.

woody53

Great interview. Talked about wrestling for Mauston, and that he was a two time state champ. Also compared Bristol to Slinger. True Dat.

woody53

Kelly was 9th and 10th in practice at Bristol. His teammate Scott Wimmer was 13th and 14th in the two practices.

dad 2 5

Good day for Kelly, Scott and Paul. I think they were 10th, 11th, and 12th.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 21, 2010, 04:11:43 PMGood day for Kelly, Scott and Paul. I think they were 10th, 11th, and 12th.

Nice finish for the WI gang.  The track was a little loose there at the beginning for Kelly, and Kyle Busch could've passed him on the bottom, instead of spinning him.

woody53

Boris Said did a test for NASCAR up at Road America this week. Wish I would have known about it as I would have snuck in for it. Using a RFR car he was testing gear ratios fuel mileage and the like. Said was hitting 170 on the straights. WEEEEEE.......