Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Sounds like Kelly will be at MIS this weekend with Ross as they go after the Joe Shear Classic win.

woody53

Quote from: dad 2 5 on May 03, 2013, 11:13:15 AM
Sounds like Kelly will be at MIS this weekend with Ross as they go after the Joe Shear Classic win.
Thanks Dad, hope to be there.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

I have run into Kelly a few times this season as he works with Ross. Seems like he is enjoying working with him. They have had some good runs and a few they would like to forget, but that is racing. I would think Ross will be at LaX for Fest but not sure yet. They raced up in Canada last weekend. I think they are getting ready to move up again next year. Maybe with Kenny S and the ARCA team (not confirmed but a strong rumor)

woody53

Got to ask if anyone has been in contact with Kelly lately? Really miss hearing how he is doing.

dad 2 5

Hello Rich,

I talked to him several times this summer as he is working with Ross Kenseth. They are down south still working together and will be shopped out of MI this summer with a few stops in WI.

dad 2 5

Taken from the Ross Kenseth web page...
As Kenseth prepares for his move from North Carolina to Jenison, Michigan, he will take some time away from his schooling at Clemson University to focus on the new race team. "We've got good equipment, a solid team and I'm really looking forward to working with Kelly (Bires) on a full-time basis." Kenseth continued. "I can't wait for the season to start. We're going to hopefully make our presence known at all of the big shows in the country." He added.

Kenseth and Bires have teamed up off and on since the 2012 season as Bires a former competitor in the NASCAR Nationwide Series from 2007-2012 who also has three starts in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2012 to his credit, has adapted well to the role of Crew Chief in recent seasons. Both Kenseth and Bires are from the state of Wisconsin and Bires, who's originally from Mauston,  Wisconsin, feels that's vitally important as they teams moves forward.

"We have a great relationship and a lot in common with both of us being from the same state and I can relate to a lot of what Ross (Kenseth) is going through as a driver who is up and coming in the industry as far as providing guidance as he continues on with his career," The 29-year-old, who was the 2006 champion in what was the ASA Late Model Challenge Series while driving for famed crew chief, the late Howie Lettow. "I was his age when I was racing for Howie and I can relay some of what I learned during that time and help make Ross even better than he already is."  Bires added.

dad 2 5

From what I understand, Kelly will be in Milwaukee next weekend with Ross for ARCAfest at the Mile.

dad 2 5

Kelly will be at Slinger working on the Ross K machine on Tuesday.

woody53

I was up at Road America this past weekend for the VSCDA Fall Classic for Vintage Racing. Saw a #47, Blue and White, Clorax sponsored Ford Fusion. Got up closer and sure enough, it was one of Kelly's old Nationwide cars being run in the Vintage?Historic Stock Car Class. Wish I could post pictures here. Pretty cool to see. The crew of the car was interested in learning more about Bires. Fun time.