Previous topic - Next topic

WISCwrestlingfan

Quotehttp://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/90889284.html

Bires' first interview

By Dave Kallmann of the Journal Sentinel

April 14, 2010
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

PointerFan

I know the blinders are on because he was a wrestler in Wisconsin. You don't understand why he was canned and all that crap. He is not a household name besides in the Wisconsin wrestling world. If he started off blazing as Keselowski did in the previous two years they would have kept him. In the world where sponsorship runs the show, JR had to go with McMurray and keep Danica to keep sponsors. Pretty simple, so the JR haters on here need to think rationally and separate what you want from good business decisions. I don't think Bires will ever be a great driver. If he hasn't made it to cup yet, he never will, and he will be a Nationwide or Truck Series lifer. I am a NASCAR fan and have seen alot of drivers like Bires come through and they are good drivers and great people, but to make it big in Cup you need to better than good. I do hope I have to eat my words for Bires sake.

dad 2 5

Interesting assumptions. With Howe and company he dominated the ASA. I would not call myself a JR hater but he is riding the name as he has not proven to win much and talk about communication issue. Mark goes to Hendrick's and wins as JR can barely make the chase. I really thought this would work out well for Kelly. I hope he is able to hook on somewhere but you are right that it will be hard now. It may be worth his time to come back to ASA Midwest, win a championship and go back up that way. Another remind, only one full year in Nationwide with a second tier team if I remember right (2008).

millert

Fan Club Update

I just wanted to write everyone a quick note. Obviously, the last week has been tough after parting ways with JRM. We are working extremely hard to move on to the next opportunity, which we feel will be a better one. The fan club is very important to me and we will need to make some changes on the package removing all JRM and #88. We are in the process of designing some cool KBR Fan Club materials and will have them out shortly. This is just a bump in the road, but having such good fans and friends will keep me going strong. I will keep everyone updated as much as I can. Again, I really appreciate the support and look forward to getting back in a car!

Kelly
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

I love my KBR gear. I enjoy wearing it to the track because it is not what everyone else has.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Dang, just dropped my Hellman's jar. Still have a jar of Miracle Whip in the fridge. ;)

dad 2 5

Too funny Rich. Did you see Kelly is listed in the Braun #10 car this weekend at Richmond? I was hoping to see him at Madison for the ASA Midwest on Sunday (just kidding)

woody53

I saw that on thehotlap.com I know Braun gave him some opportunities last year. Lets hope it is for a full race.

dad 2 5

My guess id they have to try to run the full race. I think they are 30th in points so they have to get some point to stay there which is good for Kelly.

bigoil

I don't follow this too much other than the "cup", but what do you mean by run the whole race? Only time I've seen otherwise is in an injury or illness.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: howavi on April 27, 2010, 10:19:44 PMI don't follow this too much other than the "cup", but what do you mean by run the whole race? Only time I've seen otherwise is in an injury or illness.

They are referring to "start-and-parks" - which occurs more often in the Nationwide series. 

Kelly, Johnny Sauter and some of the other young drivers have had to do this from time to time - because it is the only ride available for that race.

Teams that don't have a lot of money, will start the race and park it soon after with a mysterious vehicle malfunction.  The team gets the winnings for one of the last positions in the race and the car goes in the hauler in good condition.

To combat this type of behavior, this year NASCAR has started to impound the first car for tech inspection that parks the race (if the reason for parking isn't obvious - like a crash or engine blows) - in an attempt to get the start-and-park guys to stay in the race longer (they compete to not be the first one out of the race).
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

millert

Kelly will be racing the full race in the 10 car Friday night under the lights @ Richmond.  This is the same car he drove to a 5th place finish at Iowa Speedway in Newton.

GO KB!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

Bires needed a good finish last night and he got it. An eleventh place with only Reed Sorenson and Brandon Gaughn, finishing higher than him, that aren't Cup drivers. Enjoyed the middle of the race where Kelly was swapping positions with Jamie McMurray in his old ride. Good, clean racing it looked like. Braun is a good fit for Bires right now, and he moved them up two positions in owner points.

dad 2 5

Kelly is not listed this week at Darlington. I am not sure what races braun was having him in the car.

dad 2 5

I do not see Kelly listed at Dover this weekend. He really needs some seat time. Hope something works out soon or he comes back to local/regional racing.