Why do old People?

Started by easytopin, January 14, 2016, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 23, 2016, 08:59:29 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 21, 2016, 03:14:25 PM
Holy impatience Batman you guys seem just wound a little tight.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D

I used to be much more impatient. But moving from city to country, I gotta say, the slower pace is so therapeutic. I have conversations with wrong numbers, chat with complete strangers about their personal issues. I'll take forced slow pace over mandated fast any day. Whenever I get testy in my brain, I tell myself it's good to have a minute to gather my thoughts. Now, sign the goldang check and move on!!!!

JK, I do prefer the mellow pace and taking time for people.

My neighbor, organic farmer, seems to have a feel for when I'm in a rush (on my way driving a kid to practice, etc.). Parks the tractor at the end of my driveway, trapping me. Gotta chew the fat, then "I suppose...." and be off.

I turned down job offers in Rockford, IL and a couple of nice Chicago suburbs; instead, I took a job in little old Barron.  38 years later, I have no doubts that it was the best decision I ever made.  The slower pace here really helped me mellow out and enjoy my life...   especially the people in it.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on January 23, 2016, 08:59:29 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 21, 2016, 03:14:25 PM
Holy impatience Batman you guys seem just wound a little tight.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D

I used to be much more impatient. But moving from city to country, I gotta say, the slower pace is so therapeutic. I have conversations with wrong numbers, chat with complete strangers about their personal issues. I'll take forced slow pace over mandated fast any day. Whenever I get testy in my brain, I tell myself it's good to have a minute to gather my thoughts. Now, sign the goldang check and move on!!!!

JK, I do prefer the mellow pace and taking time for people.

My neighbor, organic farmer, seems to have a feel for when I'm in a rush (on my way driving a kid to practice, etc.). Parks the tractor at the end of my driveway, trapping me. Gotta chew the fat, then "I suppose...." and be off.

Grew up in the country on a farm. Turned 18 moved to the big city by 20 I had visions of violence and settled back into a town but as soon as I had money, back to the country!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy working in the city because I know that at the end of the day I can head back into the country, see fields, see cows, see nice big yards and relieve myself out the back door with NO neighbors to watch ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

I was running late yestarday and got behind this old lady on a county road. Yes that old lady that could barely see over the wheel, going 35 with no intentions of speeding up.

At first I got alittle hot under the collar and then I realized,,,,,,I AINT NO ANGRY FISH,,,,,,and I also realized that I have sirus radio for these moments, flipped on the Grateful Dead channel and all worries left me.

Plus my son thought that some of the Dead tunes werent bad ;D

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 31, 2016, 11:09:19 PM
I was running late yestarday and got behind this old lady on a county road. Yes that old lady that could barely see over the wheel, going 35 with no intentions of speeding up.

At first I got alittle hot under the collar and then I realized,,,,,,I AINT NO ANGRY FISH,,,,,,and I also realized that I have sirus radio for these moments, flipped on the Grateful Dead channel and all worries left me.

I like how you turned this into a cultural opportunity for your boy.  Violin lessons, next?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on February 01, 2016, 08:32:48 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 31, 2016, 11:09:19 PM

I like how you turned this into a cultural opportunity for your boy.  Violin lessons, next?   ;D

no violin lessons, maybe some sewing lessons in the future ;)

maggie

great way to keep your composure LG..... ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

"sweet blossom, come on, under the willow......"
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.