Why do old People?

Started by easytopin, January 14, 2016, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

Feel the need to drive only when its bad weather outside.  I live 22 miles from school and each morning I drive to work i meet or catch up to 5-6 cars. This morning in the snow it was 20-25 vehicles. Of course driving 40 mph as well. Every time we get snow I can bank on the over 70 crowd to be out slowing down traffic...or is this just a Wyoming thing.

ramjet

Doctor day.......Bank day..........cafe day........bridge day........ ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: easytopin on January 14, 2016, 07:43:08 PM
Feel the need to drive only when its bad weather outside.  I live 22 miles from school and each morning I drive to work i meet or catch up to 5-6 cars. This morning in the snow it was 20-25 vehicles. Of course driving 40 mph as well. Every time we get snow I can bank on the over 70 crowd to be out slowing down traffic...or is this just a Wyoming thing.

no it is not!

o ya, since I am laid off work, I am in no hurry so I could be that 40 mph guy, sorry to urk but ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Hey, be nice to us old folks!  We are just doing our civic duty, by keeping you young whippersnappers from driving too fast for conditions.  Next time one of us old codgers does this (and probably saves your life) the least you could do is treat us to some pie and coffee.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

woody53

You won't need to worry about me when I get old. My motto is "Wide Open until you see God, then Brake !"
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

maggie

well, I'm thinking these old folks made it this far in life, so maybe it's you who better sit back and take some advice from these old geysers.. ;)...it's always the fool who has to get past another car that we see in the ditch down the road a few miles...as With the LG, I'v got more miles backing up than most of ya do going forward, I would put 150,000 on a work truck so fast that the sales sticker was still on it,,,and one thing i could never stand and still can't, is someone on the Hwy who believes his truck/car can for some reason Go faster and handle better than everyone else in a Ice/snow storm, not the case, slow down! Your the problem on the road!....and until you had to fork out the green for a few new Cars or trucks that ya piled up because your driving like you belong on a NASCAR Track, you will never learn...Slow down and enjoy life while ya still can...and beside, NEVER, EVER HURRY TO WORK!.....it coming home ya have to hurry!... :) 
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

Every time I'm on the I in foul weather, I'm amazed at how many people drive waaaay too fast, and others wayyyy too slow. Take it 40-45 and you're good.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MarkK

G you're driving next time.  I'm riding with you.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 15, 2016, 06:02:33 PM
Why are all the old gas bags I see on the roads so dang small?
They appear to all be under 4 foot tall. You often think the car is driving itself. Don't large, old people drive? I'm with Easy, they're a menace that needs to be dealt with.

They drive old cars and the seats have collapsed. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

neutral

They appear to all be under 4 foot tall. You often think the car is driving itself. Don't large, old people drive? I'm with Easy, they're a menace that needs to be dealt with.

Fewer large people get a chance to get old ... young whipper-snapper.

Regarding driving appropriately in snow - what makes you think they're not reimbursed by the state to keep the roads moving at safe speeds.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

littleguy301

I suppose these HWY try hards also complain about big trucks on the road also. Maybe even these try hards pull out in front of the big rigs!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Dale Einerson

Quote from: easytopin on January 14, 2016, 07:43:08 PM

It isn't just the driving, it is lines, carts in aisles...some day I hope to achieve one of my lifetime goals.  And that is, to be so unaware of my social surroundings and the clock, that I feel absolutely no stress.  That would be a wonderful goal achieved.

maggie

Perfect post Dale..... ;) can't wait till ya join us... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

Quote from: neutral on January 17, 2016, 07:33:42 PM

Fewer large people get a chance to get old ... young whipper-snapper.

Regarding driving appropriately in snow - what makes you think they're not reimbursed by the state to keep the roads moving at safe speeds.

Man, that sounds like a sweet deal!  Where do I sign up?   ;D

Dale Einerson

Quote from: maggie on January 18, 2016, 10:08:22 AM
Perfect post Dale..... ;) can't wait till ya join us... :)

It'll be awhile yet, so, in the meantime, please try hard not to engage in personal conversation at the grocery store checkout while there are 3, wait 4, wait 5, wait 6 people in line behind you... And, it would be especially appreciated if you wouldn't pay in exact change while digging into several pockets or the bottom of your purse.

I am always amazed how many people wait until their final number is due before they think to unwrap about 4 layers to get to a wallet.