WIAA

Started by crossface21, January 11, 2016, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

...common Fan, ""Liberals are the ones acting on this feel good garbage""   ::)   Dude your better than that, and it's ridiculous that you even go there, I have no idea, nor do you as to what these folks believing in or what they are that set this rule in place... we here down in Milton know all to well about what Offended some or shall I say ONE Person!... >:(
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

wraslfan

Quote from: maggie on January 14, 2016, 01:05:09 PM
...common Fan, ""Liberals are the ones acting on this feel good garbage""   ::)   Dude your better than that, and it's ridiculous that you even go there, I have no idea, nor do you as to what these folks believing in or what they are that set this rule in place... we here down in Milton know all to well about what Offended some or shall I say ONE Person!... >:(
Maggie, how the heck are you, bud? I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to Milton?...Mascot? I already know I can't offend you so it's not worth trying.  ;D All I know is what was said / suggested by the WIAA and it's pretty well known where they stand on issue's. It doesn't mean everyone agrees with them. I don't know why it's sooo "offensive" to point that out. Are you saying some over the top, helicopter parents didn't complain? Or, it was just the goal of the WIAA to be proactively offended and politically correct?

ramjet

Quote from: bigoil on January 14, 2016, 12:15:01 PM
Google it ram. It reminds of sportsmanship then goes on to list such chants as airball, etc.

Quote from WIAA tweet:

"To be clear... there has been NO new directives, NO new rules, NO new mandates, NO new enforcement expectations. "

OVERBLOWN the entire thing is OVERBLOWN

Best commercial on TV;  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-gwjJ_NXKU

maggie

Fish, to answer your question about the mascot name, it was a bucket of crap the way it was done, that's all i will say about it.. >:( sadly, it got worse,  just a few weeks before school started this yr, a very nice Memorial sign that was put up yrs ago in honor of a very Well known, loyal Maintenance work Lyle Thomson who had passed, was mysteriously taken down, Questions were asked and nobody from the high school when asked about it then,Teachers, maintenance workers or even school administrators had an answer to it's where about's or who may taken it down when asked   :o ...however, while reffing a summer baseball game, one of the officials went into the ball shed at Schilberg Park to look for the bases or whatever, noticed that far in the back somewhat hidden, was the sign ..the official who also works at a local Pub was well aware of what he has stumbled upon, because Thomson's son and his wife frequent the Est quite frequently for lunch and they we really upset that it had been taken down as was almost every person in town, they received no calls from anybody as to why it was taken down....fast forward a week and after the cat was let out as to it's where about's, the school administrator changed his tune saying, ""It was a miscommunication on my part that the family was not notified before the sign came down," Schigur said. "I own that. That's my fault."..a little to late!.then a few weeks later, he can up with another Idea or what i call an Lane excuse for not telling the truth, saying, "" we were going to create a walk of fame, or a historical display of sorts. We've used several different names here, to honor the history of Milton and some of the accomplishments on Anderson Field."  ::)..then went as far as to say that ""the memorial won't be completed until next summer. The district doesn't want to complete the memorial only to have to move it if the district's facilities change""... :D..as for the Thomson's and every body else in town,... "We don't believe that the sign will ever be put anywhere. We figured that it was just basically thrown in the maintenance shed and that's where it's going to lay," Karen Thomson said. "I still don't believe that they're going to do anything because everybody has told us a different story. We found it very upsetting and very disrespectful to the memory of someone." ....Unreal ha, ...never know who ya can trust anymore... >:(

maggie

Fan you behave or I'll have to give ya a HEART PUNCH!... :o

bigoil

"Not wanting to restrict creativity or enjoyment, an enthusiastic and boisterous display of support for a school's team is welcomed and encouraged at interscholastic events when directed in a positive manner," he wrote. "However, any action directed at opposing teams or their spectators with the intent to taunt, disrespect, distract or entice an unsporting behavior in a response is not acceptable sportsmanship. Student groups, school administrators and event managers should take immediate steps to correct this unsporting behavior."

Clark cited recent examples of "unsporting behavior" including chants like '"You can't do that," "Fundamentals," "Airball," "There's a net there," "Sieve," "We Can't Hear You," the "scoreboard" cheer, and "Season's Over" during tournament series play.'

MarkK

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 09:45:56 AM
Quote from: bigoil on January 14, 2016, 09:39:35 AM

Could you imagine if the NCAA told Duke they couldn't jump up and down while the opponent is shooting free throws?

I still hate Christian Laettner.

I think that cheer was banned as well.  As long as your internet isn't filtered here is a link to the film ESPN film version
http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=ihatechristianlaettner

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

maggie

yes, SHE did only after she turned in her Essay on the subject to the UW Madison!  >:(...it all it was about....

maggie

WOW, now yelling AIR BALL is offensive, heck that seems so small compared to what we have all seen in the past, I remember watching Pat Ewing in the 84 NCAA National Championship game against Houston, the Houston Fans were the worst! and were a disgrace to there school, they were tossing Bananas at the back of the backboard when Ewing would go to the line to shoot free throws..

MarkK

Ok truth be told.  I remember you sitting on the Wisconsin Rapids side when Milton beat them for the State title.   That should be banned. ;D ;) :o
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Dale Einerson

Quote from: MarkK on January 14, 2016, 03:12:13 PM
Ok truth be told.  I remember you sitting on the Wisconsin Rapids side when Milton beat them for the State title.   That should be banned. ;D ;) :o

There is now an ordinance in Wisconsin Rapids banning just such a specific thing...

Dale Einerson

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 03:50:54 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on January 14, 2016, 03:34:47 PM

There is now an ordinance in Wisconsin Rapids banning just such a specific thing...

Stop picking on maggie, the guy gets excited.

I had no influence on this ordinance, it was B.D. in Rapids.

Dale Einerson

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 05:23:48 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on January 14, 2016, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 03:50:54 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on January 14, 2016, 03:34:47 PM

Stop picking on maggie, the guy gets excited.

I had no influence on this ordinance, it was B.D. in Rapids.

BD?

Before Dale

MarkK

Of course you mean.  BMD

maggie

i was up there talking to Friend Mark, after talking to him and wishing him good luck, i left and went and sat on the lower bleachers with my Bro,The young Crass Boys, The Milton AD and of course our Biggest Student Fan, our Football playing West Point Appointee Pete Bier, who Happen to be Dangling a Noose on a stick Wrapped around a puppets neck.. :o...the AD tried desperately to grab the darn thing from him, but he just wasn't tough enough!. :D and was rushed off by security and tossed out!...i think that's what happen anyways.. :o