Cliff Keen tournament

Started by leg turk, November 29, 2017, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: stbird on December 01, 2017, 10:03:52 AM
Looks like the Badgers got fairly decent draws except Lantz who will go against the #1 seed in his first match, he has a bye in the first round.  I don't see Stone in the line up either. 

IMHO, I wouldn't view it as a "bad" draw. Lantz wasn't gonna win this thing - or even come close. At some point, somebody was going to knock him into the consolations...so why not let it be the top seed? At least Lantz had the chance to measure himself against the best in the field - now he is in the consolations wrestling where he would have been, sooner or later, either way. Better that he had a chance to go up against the best to take some measure of himself than to lose 6-5 to a lesser opponent who would be wrestling in the consolations within the next round or two anyway.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

got some wins which is good. Now things get tough! Did Stone not make the trip or am I missing his name?

aarons23

Quote from: mkm13 on December 01, 2017, 03:08:50 PM
It does not surprise me Marko is struggling some at the college level early in his career as he did not have a lot of success at the national level after he started going up in weight in high school.

It does surprise me Breske has not had a little more success, even with the injury.  Just shows you how big the jump to college is.

If either of them were at UW with similar results, it is pretty fair to say Davis would be criticized for their lack of success.

Kind of a strange assement with Breske.....this his first tournament in college.....he lost the opener 3-1 and then won his next match 20-5.....little early to make that judgement.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

mkm13

I believe he also lost in freestyle at some point to Christensen after his red shirt year. That said, I hope Breske has a great college career.

aarons23

Quote from: mkm13 on December 01, 2017, 05:59:32 PM
I believe he also lost in freestyle at some point to Christensen after his red shirt year. That said, I hope Breske has a great college career.

You mean before his surgery??
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: aarons23 on December 01, 2017, 05:16:28 PM
It does not surprise me Marko is struggling some at the college level early in his career as he did not have a lot of success at the national level after he started going up in weight in high school.

It does surprise me Breske has not had a little more success, even with the injury.  Just shows you how big the jump to college is.

If either of them were at UW with similar results, it is pretty fair to say Davis would be criticized for their lack of success.

Kind of a strange assement with Breske.....this his first tournament in college.....he lost the opener 3-1 and then won his next match 20-5.....little early to make that judgement.
It's only 1 match but the guy is already out of the tournament.... but 1 tournament doesn't make a career. But he is correct if he had a W on his chest there would be lots of Barry hate

aarons23

Quote from: wrastle63 on December 01, 2017, 06:45:21 PM

It's only 1 match but the guy is already out of the tournament.... but 1 tournament doesn't make a career. But he is correct if he had a W on his chest there would be lots of Barry hate

Breske is not out of the tournament .....he lost his first 1 and has won 2 on the backside.....again....alittle premature. Barry hating is cause from repeated history of the Badgers.  You can not blame fans for wanting a succesful program.

It's very strenuous! 

wrastle63

Quote from: aarons23 on December 01, 2017, 07:11:44 PM

Breske is not out of the tournament .....he lost his first 1 and has won 2 on the backside.....again....alittle premature. Barry hating is cause from repeated history of the Badgers.  You can not blame fans for wanting a succesful program.
The guy he lost to is 100% out of the tournament it's not like he lost to Bojo

aarons23

Quote from: wrastle63 on December 01, 2017, 07:34:36 PM

So he loses his very first college match and wins the next 2 and thats bad....lol....your really reaching. 

It's very strenuous! 

Harris

Good first day for the Badgers.  Tomorrow's quarterfinals are going to be tough. 

wrastle63

Quote from: aarons23 on December 01, 2017, 07:39:54 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on December 01, 2017, 07:34:36 PM

So he loses his very first college match and wins the next 2 and thats bad....lol....your really reaching. 
I never once said he's bad. (Who is reaching) I said it's not good he lost to a guy whose out of tournament and now loses to Christensen. But as I said one tournament doesn't make a career.

Really good first day for Badgers 5 on the quarters and 2 alive on the backside. 7 out of 9 is pretty good for a tournament like this.

crossface21

wrastle63

Insane win!!! He wrestled a great match!

Zander and Eli both lose incredibly close matches to 2 seeds. Wrestling very well right now.

gijd

Wick beating Massa will surely open some eyes, WOW!!!!!

CLC FAN