D2 145

Started by Buick, March 01, 2014, 10:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buick

Looking for an explanation on the stalling call against the Oconto Falls wrestler. The call seemed absurd to me.  I have never in my life seen a stalling call on a wrestler standing up from the bottom position. Maybe Somone saw something I didn't.  A shame to make that was the deciding point in a state finals match.

ramjet

THE biggest disappointment of the tournament. Both wrestlers deserved more than that, they were getting after it and to have the match influenced with that call was worse than absurd.

imnofish

Was watching online and Shane Sparks couldn't figure it out, either.  He thought it was a fleeing call, but didn't see a signal from the ref that would clarify the reason.  This was a match that should have been decided in overtime.  Two great wrestlers.  Would love to know what went on with that call.   ???
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

Common boys, had they deserved more, the score would have indicate it..I would rather you say, EARNED....and I'm without prejudice here..let's not blame a official over a one point match, however, I do know one sure find way to prevent that, score!..all BS aside, was the wrestler fleeing?
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

wrestle35_09

I spoke with one of the OF coaches and apparently it was a stalling call

Buick

A WIAA official told me a fleeing the mat is a technical violation and the ref appeared to show stalling. The OF wrestler was warned for stalling in the first period. IMO either call would be inappropriate in this situation. The table even stopped the match because they figured it must have been a mistake by the ref.

Tank

Can anyone tell me where I can see the replay of the d2
145 and 160 pound matches?

maggie

Buick, where did ya get such privileged information ? As to why the table stopped the match, did one of them tell you they did because they thought it  was a mistake?.. :o

Buick

I actually watched this match and obviously you didn't Maggie. I was explaining the difference between a stalling call and a fleeing the mat call. That is what I discussed with the official (not the ref for this match). Can you give me another logical explanation why the off mat official would stop the match and confer with the on mat ref? This was an extremely strange call and if you actually saw it I would love to discuss it with you.

ramjet

Maggie what is your deal here did you watch the match. If you had you would have seen that the official left the table after obvious confusion and they met center mat to discuss something. We are saying the wrestlers should have been allowed wrestle this out. even the snorers were slow to award the point so there obvious confusion.

So the score is zero zero both the wrestlers are working the edge like these two did in the sectionals both working hard for a score and position. The call stunk to high heaven no one is saying Jacob did not earn the win what we are saying the wrestlers should have been allowed to determine the match on their own merits and they would have maybe the same results. The ref injected himself unnecessarily into a match he had no business doing in my opinion. My opinion is exactly that my opinion.

The results are what they are but I think allot of folks were scratching their heads on this one..

imnofish

Sounds like a good summary to me, Ram. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

No  Buick, I was not able to be in house for the finals tonight , however, I did have direct communication line with friend in the box. Truthfully, we never had a chance to discuss it yet, the only thing that really matters is if the officials got the call right! I don't care if it would take them15 mins. As long as they concurred and got it right!    After I watch it, I'll make a call...ya say there were warnings given out beforehand? 

Buick

I am politely requesting replies to this thread to be reserved for individuals that have witnessed this match. I am not looking for an argument but "an explanation of the stalling call against the oconto falls wrestler".

wrestle35_09

Buick, nobody at the table understood the call (per a very reliable source) which is why they stopped the match. They thought the ref made a mistake.

wrestle35_09

I'm not sure anyone could give an explanation for that. Kid was working his butt off to get out from the bottom and gets a stall call after coming up to his feet for the 5th time