D2 145

Started by Buick, March 01, 2014, 10:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

No stalling...the point was given for fleeing the mat.  Dewey only scored 1 point on Jacob in the 2 matches they wrestled so by no means does it mean he would have won....but it probably should have went OT and settled it there...but Jacob may have also wrestled the 3rd period a bit differently had the score been different.

chuckref

No it was stalling.  He received his first warning in the first period. The ref signaled stalling both times.  There was no signal for fleeing which is a technical violation.

Chuck

padre

Quote from: chuckref on March 27, 2014, 07:47:32 AM
No it was stalling.  He received his first warning in the first period. The ref signaled stalling both times.  There was no signal for fleeing which is a technical violation.

Chuck

Wow...never saw the first stalling call and I've watched it a couple times..everyone confused by it then as I think few did.  Regardless...two great wrestlers in a great match that probably should have ended up in OT and it's the refs job to let them settle it on the mat.

chuckref

It was not real obvious in the first period but he did call it.  It was when they were going back to the center and he signaled stalling.  Watch closely when they go out of bounds near the scorers table if I remember correctly.  I missed it when it happened during the match and could not understand why the point was given and neither could the people around me.  I thought maybe it was fleeing but he did not signal that with a technical violation.  When I watched it online you can catch the stalling call and I don't think anyone caught it, not even the commentators.

Chuck

the mayor

There's a very good reason why nobody has come on here and said they understood the call and agreed with it.  I actually think the official got confused on the call and would not wipe it off.  It simply was a mistake.  Either the call was fleeing and a wrong sign was given by the official or the official was completely lost in the match and made one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen at state.  It was a great match, and both young men wrestled tremendously.  It's simply called a "blown" call by an official.
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.