Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: "woody53"There is a great write-up about Bires today on NASCAR.com. Going into Bristol this weekend, he is tenth in points and the Cup guys are taking notice of him.

QuoteClick here for article

By the Numbers: Bristol

Bires rolling in second season; saying goodbye to Jarrett

By Bill Kimm, NASCAR.COM
March 13, 2008
11:22 AM EDT

QuoteYou'll have to forgive Kelly Bires if he's a little excited right now; he wasn't supposed to be in this position -- at least not this soon. Bires comes into Saturday's running of the Sharpie Mini 300 (2 p.m. ET, ESPN2) at Bristol Motor Speedway sitting 10th in the point standings, just 160 points behind leader Kevin Harvick.

The road to get to this point was one of opportunity and a little bit of luck.  ...

[Click link above for the complete article.]
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

Bires had two great practice sessions on Friday down in Nashville. Eighth quick in the first and tenth in the second. This is the track that he mad his debut on last year in the series. Scored his first top twenty. With most of the Cup guys taking the weekend off from the Nationwide Series, it should be a great opportunity for Kelly.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Bires definitely must like Nashville as he scores his first top five of the year with a fifth place finish. He is now up to ninth in the season standings.

bigoil

How cool is it to see his name every couple of minutes on the ESPN scroll during the NCAA wrestling championships. 3rd of the non-cup guys tonight.

woody53

They recalculated the Nationwide Series points and Bires is up to eighth. Gave him the five bonus points for leading a lap on Saturday. Howavi, that was cool to watch during the finals. How many others noticed that?

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: "woody53"How many others noticed that?

I thought it was cool too!  Also, that Wimmer (a WI native) won the race (and had his name scroll across first).

bigoil

Huge segment on Bires on Nascar now on ESPN2

woody53

Hey howavi, or anyone who knows, does ESPN2 have an on-line site that you can go to so as to view past segments like the one on Bires yesterday. I missed it as I was out at the school.

bigoil

I looked all over the ESPN site and I couldn't find the video.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: "howavi"I looked all over the ESPN site and I couldn't find the video.

Same here - no luck.

I'd search YouTube & Google over the next few days (I searched once already) - maybe a fan of Kelly's will upload/post the segment.

woody53

I see that Kelly's fan club is up and running now. There is a $50.00 entry. I thought that was a little high, then I saw that included a banquet at the Chula Vista Resort in November. FOOD! I'm in! :D

woody53

Bires had a real good practice session yesterday, in Texas,  as  he was eighth quickest. Unfortunately, the rains came and washed out qualifying. He will start on Saturday in the 12th spot, based on owners points. JTG Racing has been strong on the mile and a half tracks so I look for Kelly to get another top ten at Texas.

For those race fans in this forum, I got to spend a couple of hours last night talking with Price Cobb, the 1990 winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. He lives in Madison now and is the Technical and Production Director of Kelly Moss Motorsports. Wow, the stories he could tell about the people he has met and the cars he has raced. :shock:

woody53

Kelly had a good solid run today with a 17th place finish at Texas. Knowing Kelly, I would say he is a little disappointed as he came into today with some good momentum and he had some good  practice times. The car didn't seem to have the bite it needed from the center of the corner out. Bires does stay in the top ten in points.

millert

Kelly Bires Fan Club

Go to

www.kellybires.com

for more info
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

So the front end wasn't biting. You couldn't tell from the TV if it was the front or back. I thought it might be the front end pushing, because that was what most of the guys they interviewed were saying. Still a good run for the number of Cup guys in the race. On to Phoenix next week and then to Mexico for his first road course race in a stock car. :D