Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

I wondered what happened there. He was in fifth, closing in on Boyer, with only a few laps left when that last caution came out. Didn't know if he had just got some debris on the tires or what. You could see that Kelly couldn't get the speed out of the corner like he had been. Yes, still a great run. Glad to see they have a handle on the chassis situation now.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Bires two practice sessions on Friday, had him mid-pack at Memphis. Good, solid runs. I would say he will qualify around 20 to 25 and have a top 15 finish.

woody53

Qualified 17th and has been running in the top 20 for the start of the race.

woody53

Kelly is running just outside the top 20 with a little over 50 to go. Man, these guys have seen more yellow than kids on Easter opening the packages of Peeps.

woody53

Back in the top 20 with 40 to go.

woody53

A 14th place finish. Great job Kelly. These guys really didn't want this race to end. There were 23 cautions, for over 100 laps. Bires' car is a little wrinkled, but not too bad compared to others.

woody53

Kelly qualified 28th in the Wood Brothers JTG Racing, Clorox, Ford Fusion. Just five one hundreds of a second behind his team mate, Marcos Ambrose. Seventeen Cup drivers in the field for tomorrows race. This is the same car he did so well at Charlotte with. If he keeps the fenders on it, I predict another top 15 finish.

woody53

In the top twenty with half the race gone by at Texas.

woody53

Kelly finishes in 19th. Fourteen Cup drivers finishing in front of him. Another great job for him. what a difference here at the end of the year to have the cars start with a good base line for the Wood brother's JTG Racing. Really looking forward to seeing next year.

woody53

Kelly qualifies a full half second faster than he practiced at Phoenix. Lets see where he will start.

woody53

Bires will start 26th this afternoon. There are 16 Cup regulars starting infront of him.

woody53

Comes home 22nd. Started real well and moved into the top fifteen on pit strategy. Dropped back in the middle of the race into the 30's. Got back on the lead lap about 30 laps from the end. Respectable day.

millert

Woody

Kelly said the car was horrible all day.  Is this weekend the last Busch race?
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

Last race of the season for Kelly. Homestaead, FL. I am hoping he has a good weekend. The track is like a large IRP, where Kelly has had good luck in the past. "Aero" comes into play there more, so he will need to keep the fenders clean. I would be interested to know what car they are taking down there.

millert

He said he is running the same car he ran at Charlotte.
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy