My D1 Preseason Team Rankings

Started by Grant Peissig, October 30, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aspan43

What if you're a school with an enrollment of 800 that is in a conference that already has 3 co-ops with combined enrollments of 2200, 1650, and 1350?  Now two more schools that were already competitive are allowed to co-op into a combined 1750 enrollment and immediately become a conference favorite. Still sound like sour grapes?

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: aspan43 on December 08, 2014, 04:43:05 PM
What if you're a school with an enrollment of 800 that is in a conference that already has 3 co-ops with combined enrollments of 2200, 1650, and 1350?  Now two more schools that were already competitive are allowed to co-op into a combined 1750 enrollment and immediately become a conference favorite. Still sound like sour grapes?

Using enrollment numbers as a reason then yes. If the conference already has 2200, 1650, and 1350 sounds like this co-op isn't first to do it. Why wasn't there a thread up in arms over the others? My guess is the weren't all of a sudden favorites. Like I said use it as motivation, underdog mentality, go beat them.

I will agree this should be watched closely so it doesn't become a trend, but this situation sounds like they are thinking outside the box to help grow wrestling again in a community. We always see threads on here on how to get numbers back up in schools. They seem to be trying something and hopefully for them it works and the co-op goes away and we get two good wrestling communities again instead of 1. Don't bash them unless you have true proof they did this for a competitive advantage only.

aspan43

Using enrollment numbers as a reason then yes. If the conference already has 2200, 1650, and 1350 sounds like this co-op isn't first to do it. Why wasn't there a thread up in arms over the others? My guess is the weren't all of a sudden favorites. Like I said use it as motivation, underdog mentality, go beat them.

I will agree this should be watched closely so it doesn't become a trend, but this situation sounds like they are thinking outside the box to help grow wrestling again in a community. We always see threads on here on how to get numbers back up in schools. They seem to be trying something and hopefully for them it works and the co-op goes away and we get two good wrestling communities again instead of 1. Don't bash them unless you have true proof they did this for a competitive advantage only.
[/quote]

I hope you see the irony of your argument.

shouldvewrestled

I actually don't see any irony, in the fact, that someone from what seems like close to the situation comes on here and explains the reasoning behind the move. Yet many bash the reasoning because it hurts their teams chance at winning. These are D1 teams who work super hard just to barely field full teams year in and year out from what I'm reading. It amazes me personally that any D1 team can't find 14 kids for a full team. Like you said there are co-op of 2200 enrollments and I don't believe any were on the list CLC fan put up on a thread with full teams for 4 straight years at regionals.

That is the problem here even traditional decent wrestling communities are finding it difficult at times to field full lineups. But people only complain about this one because it all of a sudden makes them a conference favorite. For what a year or 2 then back to what? I think I'm looking at a bigger problem than your worry of who's going to win the conference.

shouldvewrestled

And more on topic to stop the debate on my end. D1 I'm rooting for Menomonie to win it all!

CLC FAN

I hear the official wiwrestling rankings are coming out Wednesday.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 08, 2014, 07:14:39 PM
And more on topic to stop the debate on my end. D1 I'm rooting for Menomonie to win it all!

Good luck, train off tracks and no getting back on lol
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

maggie

GREAT ASSESSMENT GRANT.. ;), however, i will respectfully disagree with some of it... :) the chips will lay where they lay in the end, that said, and first of all, Milton's Whitehead didn't go out for reasons unknown...but, one might speculate that it was because he may have had a very hard time cracking the line up,..also keep in mind that we had a FR who made the tournament last yr that didn't get to wrestle because he was suspended the week of the tournament, he's paid his dues and will now continue with his wrestling ...a week ago, Milton wrestled a very good Catholic Boylan team followed by wrestling Ill's 4th ranked team in 3-A Class,Hononegah and last weekend Milton won the Fenton Ill tournament with 8 champions, 2 seconds, 2  3rd's and a 4th,...one thing for certain, there not shying away from the competition..the true read will come tonight when Mukwonago Enters the "PIT"  the same place the top notched Stoughton Vikings will have to wrestle in a few weeks... :)...GO REDMEN! ..AHHHH...REDMAWKS  :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

DarkKnight

maggie

Pheasant 1984

Well Grant Your predictions were close!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Jim Rockford

Quote from: maggie on December 09, 2014, 12:31:29 PM
GREAT ASSESSMENT GRANT.. ;), however, i will respectfully disagree with some of it... :) the chips will lay where they lay in the end, that said, and first of all, Milton's Whitehead didn't go out for reasons unknown...but, one might speculate that it was because he may have had a very hard time cracking the line up,..also keep in mind that we had a FR who made the tournament last yr that didn't get to wrestle because he was suspended the week of the tournament, he's paid his dues and will now continue with his wrestling ...a week ago, Milton wrestled a very good Catholic Boylan team followed by wrestling Ill's 4th ranked team in 3-A Class,Hononegah and last weekend Milton won the Fenton Ill tournament with 8 champions, 2 seconds, 2  3rd's and a 4th,...one thing for certain, there not shying away from the competition..the true read will come tonight when Mukwonago Enters the "PIT"  the same place the top notched Stoughton Vikings will have to wrestle in a few weeks... :)...GO REDMEN! ..AHHHH...REDMAWKS  :o

You might be off your rocker on that statement about Whitehead.  Like I said in another section he didn't go out because of shoulder surgery.  He probably would have been and 145 or 152.  He would have easily made the lineup seeing that they have Taylor P. who has only been wrestling for a short time.

missinghome

I wonder how many of the people on here complaining have "open enrolled" wrestlers on there team. Or kids that "moved into the district". I Believe Milton has 1 I know of for sure. I know a team very highly ranked right now that has 5 open enrolled kids on it. How is that any different? I know there is one poster bashing the coop on here that there biggest stud is open enrolled! Once again how is that different then this?

maggie

who's the kid from milton that was not there last yr?... :o