My D1 Preseason Team Rankings

Started by Grant Peissig, October 30, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missinghome

If these kids would have just open enrolled we would not have had this problem. Then Greendale could have folded there program completely and that would have been what was best for wrestling right? How anyone has the balls to criticize a coop when every frickin school is open enrolling kids left and right is beyond me! Please someone explain to me how it is ok for a school to recruit the stud from a different school but this is wrong! 

wrestlersgrind

No doubt that Stoughton should be higher. All their weights have very good talent and they destroyed SVE. SVE is a very solid team and Stoughton just played with them.

woodald

Greendale won't have a program in 2 years and you can't blame it on the co-op!

Kurth

Pewaukee's AD was the only one who contacted his coach before the voting took place.
Wrestling people aren't supposed to take advantage of the indifference or ignorance non-wrestling people have toward our sport - especially to take away Varsity positions from their own wrestlers.

This is what was presented to the Greendale School Board:

Our Request for cooperative sponsorship is based on the following reasons:
Greendale High School is experiencing a sharp decline in wrestling. They are wishing to co-op with an area team. Whitnall H.S. is also seeing a downward slide in participation numbers.
Schools in co-op        2-years ago    last year   this year   next year
                               2011-2012     2012-13   2013-14    2014-15
Greendale                         12 (co-op)     22        17             6
Whitnall                            37                33        33            29

boowrestle

The problem with this whole situation is that 1 of the 2 schools has low enough #s that they should co-op and the other with almost 30 kids on their roster should not of been involved in a co-op.As a parent if i had a wrestler that was now losing wrestling oportunities because these 8 greendale kids were added,id be mad as inappropriate term3!!Question for somebody that knows the facts,are the 2 schools co-op for all sports or just wrestling????
you can run but you cannot hide.

bigG

Again, this situation is way away from my neck of the woods; and I know next-to-nothing about it. My school generally has good numbers. A number of years ago, though, our neighboring district only had two or three kids wrestling and no major prospects for the future. We had them co-op with us (mind you, these weren't blue chip wrestlers) and, a few years later they started their own team again and now have , essentially, a full team.

That experience gave me a positive sentiment regarding co-ops.

Sure doesn't look like Whitnall needed any numbers (we didn't , either).

I much prefer to have wrestling people vote on wrestling politics, though. I know ADs can roll on their own; but a more professional AD includes the stakeholders (coaches/parents/etc.).
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DarkKnight

Good Point BigG.

What's done is done, fair or not fair.... Though it seems sketchy, we have to live with it.

Good luck to all programs....and know if you lose to this team, it is okay... but of course they dont look totally un beatable, but they are good.