Foxcatcher

Started by TomM, June 01, 2013, 11:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

::)

Foxcatcher Subject Mark Schultz Recants Criticisms: I Was Temporarily Insane
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/18/foxcatcher-subject-mark-schultz-recants-criticisms-i-was-temporarily-insane.html

I saw the movie a while ago.  It was 'ok'... not a wrestling movie.  I would not recommend taking kids to see it.  Not sure it is even for high school kids.  I would not take any high school kids to see it.  Nothing new in it.  Story is the story.  It does get slow at times.  Nothing special.  I repeat, not a wrestling movie.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

I'm looking forward to renting it from Redbox.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on January 18, 2015, 02:33:19 PM

Those jewel boxes the disk comes in at Redbox are made a Evco Plastics in DeForest, Wisconsin... (little known fact)

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on January 18, 2015, 02:37:54 PM

Those jewel boxes the disk comes in at Redbox are made a Evco Plastics in DeForest, Wisconsin... (little known fact)

So, when I rent this movie, I will be "buying local."   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on January 18, 2015, 02:41:59 PM

Pretty sure you always buy 'loco'....

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on January 18, 2015, 03:30:21 PM
Quote from: imnofish on January 18, 2015, 02:41:59 PM

Pretty sure you always buy 'loco'....
It's that obvious?   ;D

Hungus

Also a little known fact, the actual box in Redbox is made by a company called Everbrite, located in Greenfield WI.
You're killing me Smalls!!!

TomM

Quote from: heavy9278 on January 21, 2015, 02:29:46 PM

Also a little known fact, the actual box in Redbox is made by a company called Everbrite, located in Greenfield WI.

Good stuff...  8)

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on January 21, 2015, 06:21:03 PM
Quote from: heavy9278 on January 21, 2015, 02:29:46 PM

Good stuff...  8)

Do we make the DVD's too?  Wow!  Wisconsin is the unsung leader in home entertainment!  Who knew???   8)

bigoil

I am 3/4 through the book and it has been way more about Mark Schultz than his brother or Fox Catcher.

imnofish

Interesting to hear.  Is it a good read for you?

Chuck

Not being much of a reader I listened to the audio book last weekend. 70% about Mark and his accomplishments. Interesting how he talked about Dupont and his thoughts of him and the farm.
For others that are not readers. This was my 1st read since H.S. 30 years ago. It was simple, turn it on and work around house, yard or garage till done. Took about 6 hours.

boowrestle

Went to see the movie with my son and about 6 of his high school teamates in the Dells last Sat night.Personally was very disappointed in the movie(along with my son and teamates),very slow story line,ending didnt really seem to fit  with rest of the movie.Definately wouldnt really say its a wrestling movie,boys all say ,"save your $$ and rent Vision Quest!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Quack

This wasn't supposed to be a wrestling movie. It was a movie about something that happened in the wrestling community. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, you just have to go into it in the right mind frame. It was an account of history.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

visionquest

Quote from: boowrestle on January 22, 2015, 08:05:55 AM
Went to see the movie with my son and about 6 of his high school teamates in the Dells last Sat night.Personally was very disappointed in the movie(along with my son and teamates),very slow story line,ending didnt really seem to fit  with rest of the movie.Definately wouldnt really say its a wrestling movie,boys all say ,"save your $$ and rent Vision Quest!!

Rent Vision Quest?!?  Save your rental fees and BUY a copy!  Everyone wrestling fan should own a DVD copy of this movie, my friend!  8)
Proverbs 27:17