Foxcatcher

Started by TomM, June 01, 2013, 11:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

we do have a copy of it somewheres but its been watched so many times that it is actually worn out. ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

visionquest

Quote from: boowrestle on January 22, 2015, 09:46:27 AM
we do have a copy of it somewheres but its been watched so many times that it is actually worn out. ;)

That is awesome, all the more reason to go out and buy another copy.  Shoot, maybe even buy two!

On a side note about the Foxcatcher movie, I have had it on a flash drive for about a month now.  I still haven't watched it.  Maybe this weekend, but I am still not sure.
Proverbs 27:17

bigoil

Quote from: imnofish on January 21, 2015, 11:41:27 PM
Interesting to hear.  Is it a good read for you?

I'm not having a hard time putting it down... It is ok, but not great by any means.

visionquest

Quote from: bigoil on January 22, 2015, 12:45:44 PM

I'm not having a hard time putting it down... It is ok, but not great by any means.

I would say the opposite, I picked it up only 3 times before I finished it.  I thought it was a great read!

imnofish

Quote from: visionquest on January 22, 2015, 02:11:55 PM
Quote from: bigoil on January 22, 2015, 12:45:44 PM

I would say the opposite, I picked it up only 3 times before I finished it.  I thought it was a great read!

I should probably read it.  How many pages?  How large is the print?  Are there a lot of pictures?  Does it come in a comic strip format?  Just trying to figure out if I could handle the challenge.   ;)   Seriously, it does sound interesting, if just from a historical perspective. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

visionquest

The book is a little over 300 pages.  Maybe 6-10 pages of pictures.  You won't regret the time you spend reading it.

imnofish

Okay, I'm sold...  even if there isn't a comic book version.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Mark Schultz is a good writer.   8)

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"