2nd Annual Forum Bracket Challenge **UPDATED RESULTS**

Started by M-Town Fan, February 23, 2020, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-Town Fan

Due to the popularity of the bracket challenge last year, it is being brought back for year two! I made copies of every bracket on bracketmaker.com and you will be able to fill it out after making a bracketmaker account, which many of you did last year. If you didn't make an account it is fairly easy and I will leave a link below that explains how to make an account/pick your brackets. The scoring is as follows:

First round: 1 point for each correct pick
Quarterfinals: 2 Points
Semi-Finals: 4 points
Finals: 8 Points

I will be splitting up the scoring and placements into the three separate divisions so you do not need to fill out all three divisions in order to have a chance to win but if you decide to fill out every bracket for every division you are more than welcome to. That being said, if you are trying to win a division it is probably best to fill out a bracket for every weight class within that division.

I will keep all of the entries in a spreadsheet and if you want to see where you stand in a certain weight class you can check out the prediction leaderboard in that bracket. One of the drawbacks of bracketmaker is that it does not look like your traditional state bracket because it has the champions meeting in the center as opposed to the bracket going left to right so it's kind an eyesore display-wise. Also, I was not able to put in where the wrestlers were from or their records so I would suggest pulling up an actual state bracket alongside your picks so you have a better idea of who to pick.

Also, when you make accounts it will have your first and last name in the prediction scoreboard page so if you would like me to display a different name when posting the results on Sunday just message me and let me know! Here's to one of the best weekends of the year!

Links for each division:
2020 Individual State Division 1
2020 Individual State Division 2
2020 Individual State Division 3

Also a "how to" on creating your account and predicting the brackets:
http://www.bracketmaker.com/predict_intro.cfm

wrestletough

in

M-Town Fan

So far Wrestletough is our lone bracket competitor! Napoleon Dynamite said he was going to fill out brackets as well so if you've ever been thrown off by his never ending sarcastic comments on here now is the chance to show him how much more about wrestling you know than him  8)

M-Town Fan

Keaton Kluever back in the mix, looking to defend his overall and D2 title from last year!

Houndhead

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Houndhead on February 25, 2020, 07:42:19 AM
D1-182 bracket is missing.

Thank you for pointing that out, it was completed just not published so it should be good to fill out now!

M-Town Fan

All of the divisions currently have between 10-15 full brackets so keep plugging in your picks, let's try to beat the D1 mark of 45 competitors in a division from last year!

M-Town Fan

Everyone division currently has at least 20125 entries, keep em rollin in 😎

M-Town Fan

Results are updated through tonight on bracketmaker if you want to see how you are doing so far in each individual bracket! Like I said I will post the compiled results on Sunday but until then keep enjoying all the quality wrestling!

Houndhead

Ok, I can look at the leaders for each weight class, how do i get to the leaderboard for each division?

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Houndhead on February 28, 2020, 06:14:59 AM
Ok, I can look at the leaders for each weight class, how do i get to the leaderboard for each division?

Unfortunately there isn't a feature for that on bracketmaker. The website could definitely use a lot of room for improvement, but what from what I've looked for online it's the best website that doesn't cost anything that I can run anything like this on :/

maggie

IM WINNING!     ;)  Yes !  we need to upgrade the system
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

M-Town Fan

Division 1 Results are in!

wrestletough    360
Sean                  351
Drew Best         342
Cory Kundert   341
crossface21     318
Chris J         334
Nick Lasure      333
pope                 331
Pulvea         331
Benjamin Natzke   328
Keaton Kluever   324
Steve Bird           323
M-Town Fan   318
shouldvewrestled   317
TheOldRoller   316
Dean S   314
WisHoops1   312
Steve Heinzl   311
Paul Nowak   309
BlakeU          304
MTN MAN         298
Napoleon Dynamite   295
HoundHead      291
wittness           42
Andy Neitzel   31
devno543           21
Brian Siebers   13

Of the 325 brackets filled out, 5 were perfect (1.54%) and they all come from the 170 bracket. D2 and D3 will be posted by tomorrow at the latest.

miltonfan#1

I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb