Vote for the top high school athlete from SE WI this decade - Jesse Thielke!

Started by grahekf, January 16, 2020, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtown

Thielke is one of the best wrestlers in the history of the state if not the best.  But Dezerea Bryant is the best high school  athlete this state has probably ever produced.  Her times are astounding.

wrestle03

Downtown: 
Sorry, no, Jesse Thielke is not the best WI wrestler ever.  A statement like that is simply comical.

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

grahekf

This wasn't meant to start an argument about the "best ever".  It was posted simply as an opportunity to show support for one of our own.  Vote if you can!

Handles II

185-1? 4 timer? Yeah, he gets the vote. Remember, these track people don't have anyone trying to stop them or slow them down.
Might be fast, but that doesn't equate to the best athlete.

Ledger

Arike Ogunbowale is the only athlete on this list to make it on Dancing with the Stars.  Just sayin.

downtown

I should have said one of the best high school career in the state of Wisconsin.  Definitely not the best ever total career wise.  That would have to be either the Peterson brothers or Dennis Hall.

Some of you guys on here probably might not know who Dezerea Bryant is or what she accomplished in track.  She hold 4 state meet records.  You can only be in 3 running events at the state meet.  So she set one her freshman year and 3 her senior year all in different events.  It is also likely that she set those 3 state records her junior year as well and then broke them her senior year.  Not sure about that though.  She not only won 8 state titles but broke 4 state meet records in the process. 

imnofish

Quote from: downtown on January 17, 2020, 02:31:10 PM
I should have said one of the best high school career in the state of Wisconsin.  Definitely not the best ever total career wise.  That would have to be either the Peterson brothers or Dennis Hall.

Some of you guys on here probably might not know who Dezerea Bryant is or what she accomplished in track.  She hold 4 state meet records.  You can only be in 3 running events at the state meet.  So she set one her freshman year and 3 her senior year all in different events.  It is also likely that she set those 3 state records her junior year as well and then broke them her senior year.  Not sure about that though.  She not only won 8 state titles but broke 4 state meet records in the process.

That's very impressive!  What many non-track sports fans don't get is the amount of work that goes into getting top results.  They mistakenly tend to think that kids just run fast because of natural talent.  The great ones are typically as dedicated and hard-working as the top wrestlers, or the best in any other sport.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

NoFooForU

Any accomplishments that occurred prior to 2010 should not be taken into account.  those didn't occur in the most recent decade (2010-2019).  just saying.

nutman

I'm guessing he wasn't considered as one of the decade's best in the last decade because he was still in high school when they were picking (Similar to O'Toole or others as of right now). 

Based on being 185-1 in one of the hardest sports in high school and being a 3x state-champ in division 1, Being undefeated for Team Wisconsin in the National Junior Duals, and a world team member while in high school---.and only considering one corner of the state--- He should be considered one of the top athletes of the decade in SE Wisconsin.  Unless 185-1 in the sport of wrestling is not an accomplishment.   Seriously...Vote People.

bigoil

Quote from: nutman on January 20, 2020, 02:01:39 PM
I'm guessing he wasn't considered as one of the decade's best in the last decade because he was still in high school when they were picking (Similar to O'Toole or others as of right now). 

Based on being 185-1 in one of the hardest sports in high school and being a 3x state-champ in division 1, Being undefeated for Team Wisconsin in the National Junior Duals, and a world team member while in high school---.and only considering one corner of the state--- He should be considered one of the top athletes of the decade in SE Wisconsin.  Unless 185-1 in the sport of wrestling is not an accomplishment.   Seriously...Vote People.
4 time unless Germantown slipped to D2 which I don't think happened. His one loss was not at state but at sectionals to Sueflohn.

Ghetto

Thielke was a 4X like Howavi said.

Lost to Jake Sueflohn at sectionals.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove