Ritter and the Gophers

Started by npope, November 04, 2019, 08:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Any insight as to what is going on with Ritter and the Gopher lineup? They just had their first dual (http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/22467 ) and Ritter wasn't in the lineup. I know there was some banter on the topic a few weeks back and I am wondering if he will be emerging as the starter for MN.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

MNbadger

I think I saw somewhere it was stated that he needed more time to recover from an injury.  I don't remember that anything was said about what the injury might be.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

npope

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on November 04, 2019, 08:46:55 AM
This is a relevant "Badger wrestling" topic why?

Ritter was a Badger and will now be competing against the Badgers. How many times must I say "Badger" before this query qualifies under your standards? Please advise.

Nat Pope

Harris

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on November 04, 2019, 08:46:55 AM
This is a relevant "Badger wrestling" topic why?
Totally relevant in my opinion

onwisconsin

Totally relevant Nat IMO.  Any opponent of the Badgers or any prior or future Badger should be open for discussion as well.

npope

I see that Ritter took second at the Bison Open at 184 for the Gophers - he was the top finisher for them at that weight. He MFF in the finals to a South Dakota kid; the MN kid who had been seeing varsity time thus far for the Gophers (Webster) took third - Webster and Ritter did not meet head-to-head. Suffice to say, Ritter is down at 184 (that should settle the little cat-fight a couple of other posters had on a different thread regarding Ritter's weight).

Nat Pope

littleguy301

ritter has been looking good in practice. he was looking really good this spring before he had his injury. has been getting back into the swing of things the past month or so.

I am not sure exactly what the injury was but I would like to say it was a leg injury but I cannt be 100% on that. He was out of action most of the summer so it had to be something alittle more than a basic injury.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on November 12, 2019, 11:00:59 AM
Weird that this topic moved when most were adamant that this was a Badger wrestling topic.

Yes... odd....

Kind of like expecting a phone call and it never takes place... Weird.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

I hope nothing worse than this happens to you today. Have a good one.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"