Seth Gross

Started by crossface21, March 05, 2019, 01:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Pretty incredible the talent Bono was able to bring in so quickly, basically 1 year in:

Moran
Otto
Christensen
Barnett
Burwick
Breske
Medora
Escobar
Guttridge
Sebastian
Gross

I understand some left which created scholarship money for a few of these guys, but that is incredible.  Hopefully he can keep the momentum going. With Bono, Reader, McDonough, and Askren, kids will want to come here.

Meanwhile I'm not sure our basketball coach could convince his kid to come to UW if he was a high level recruit.

wrastle63

npope

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 28, 2019, 09:48:11 AM
ITS OFFICIAL!!!!

Details? How exactly did it become official?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imwi

He tweeted "I know its a big suprise to everyone but excited to make it official!"

Armdrag

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Seth freaking Gross!!!! Super excited at the talent in the room and on the mat. I know that our young guys (Barnett, Burwick and possibly Escobar) will get significantly better rolling with a guy of this caliber. It's a great day to be a Wisconsin Wrestling fan.

Looking at section Q for my season tickets. I sat there for the Iowa dual, and I liked the seats. Any suggestions? I can't do the Tom "I'm a baller" leather seats.

wrastle63

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 05, 2019, 03:01:25 PM
??? 125 -Rotundo or Barnett maybe Brown comes back and Barnett can RS
Gross 133
Moran 141
Martin 149
Wick 157 -Hoping he is fully healthy otherwise Model?
Wick 165
Dow 174
Sebastian 184
Breske 197
Hillger HWT
Assuming this is our lineup with no injuries. It looks like 10 NCAA qualifiers with 4 AAs or better.

Ghetto

Ok. So I did some Twitter stalking of Connor Brown.

Twice in May he retweeted Wisconsin related things (Seth Gross and a Flo techinique taught by Bono)

He still has his avatar with Bono and his background picture in a Wisconsin singlet.

I hold out hope that he's coming back to Madison.

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on May 28, 2019, 11:07:28 AM
Ok. So I did some Twitter stalking of Connor Brown.

Twice in May he retweeted Wisconsin related things (Seth Gross and a Flo techinique taught by Bono)

He still has his avatar with Bono and his background picture in a Wisconsin singlet.

I hold out hope that he's coming back to Madison.
Him coming back would be huge. It would allow Barnett and Burwick to redshirt and it would also give us a highly qualified 125.

imnofish

I hope he can find his way back, if that is what's best for him and his situation.  He would really help the team.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

stbird

Awesome news!  I can't wait for October! 

bigG

Oh my goodness!! If Brown steps in, too, we might not have to wait next year's next year.

Could be a very stout lineup, along with some nice youngbloods to carry the torch in the future.

BONO DAH MAN!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Luke Louison on May 28, 2019, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: Luke Louison on May 14, 2019, 12:00:22 PM
The Badgers' lineup will have three former All-Americans in it next year. As far back as my database goes (early-to-mid 90s), that's only happened one other time: 2011, when the Badgers finished 10th:

--Tyler Graff, off a 5th-place finish, took 5th
--Andrew Howe, off a 1st-place finish, took 3rd
--Trevor Brandvold, off a 6th-place finish, took 5th

Go time. Missing out on the Top Ten this year is officially disappointing.

The following document was every Badger All-American by year.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wis/sports/m-wrestl/auto_pdf/Wrestling_Record_Book.pdf

We did have 5 in two different years, but I do think 3 was the most returning All-Americans (In 1980, Rein and Evans graduated; in 1984 Schmitz and Limmex graduated)

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf