Seth Gross

Started by crossface21, March 05, 2019, 01:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Quote from: littleguy301 on May 10, 2019, 08:25:33 PM
I would guess by the end of june, seth would be in the room.

just my opinion but anyone wants to bet me on that?

Hope you are right!

Razor Ramon

Quote from: dad 2 5 on May 11, 2019, 08:53:26 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on May 10, 2019, 08:25:33 PM
I would guess by the end of june, seth would be in the room.

just my opinion but anyone wants to bet me on that?

Hope you are right!

He's right. Seth and his gf already have a place in Madison. If things can get sorted out at 125 with Connor Brown, then UW will have a possible top 10 team for the NCAA's.

mkm13

If Gross comes and our big point guys are healthy, we would likely be a top 10 team with or without Brown.  Last year 51 points at nationals put you in the top 10. Two years ago 43 points put you in the top 10.

Returning from last year:
Wick - 15.5 (year prior was 18.5)
Moran -3.5
Martin - 1
Hillger - 5.5 (could easily see this being 10)
Total - 25.5 keeping Hillger at 5.5 and Wick at 15.5

Adding:
Gross - 24 in 2018 - Since he would have to deal with Fix and Suriano next year, for a reasonable projection, lets lower to 18
Sebastian - 2 points in 2018
Total - 20 points lowering Gross to 18

That is 45.5 points.  I think both Moran and Sebastian both also have good potential for more as I think either could sneak into low AA.

Keeping the total at 45.5, that would leave 5.5 points for 125, 157, 174, and 197 to get to 51.  These projections make a big assumption that everyone is healthy, but you would have to like the chances at this point.

Ghetto

Quote from: Razor Ramon on May 14, 2019, 10:12:35 AM
He's right. Seth and his gf already have a place in Madison.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Prayers/subtle stalking on Twitter works!

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on May 14, 2019, 11:17:35 AM

If they have a place..... I think that means worst case scenario he is helping/training at the RTC. Best case on the team and then transitions to RTC.

mkm13

Razor Ramon

No stalking involved this go around. I am just fortunate that I know his landlord. Gross is going to be wrestling for the Badgers this year, and it is an absolute blessing. I look back to 2011 when Howe and Rutt left, and not knowing how long it would take to have another squad like we did in those couple of years. Some people may not agree with how Bono came into UW, with guys leaving and what not, but the whole point of letting Barry go was to change the landscape and instill excitement. Adding Gross and Sebastian can hopefully lead to more graduate transfers in years to come. Add the commitments from in-state guys like Barnett and Mendora, and you can't argue that the administration is standing by their commitment to producing a top tier wrestling program.

Ghetto

Quote from: Razor Ramon on May 15, 2019, 09:44:00 AM

No stalking involved this go around. I am just fortunate that I know his landlord. Gross is going to be wrestling for the Badgers this year, and it is an absolute blessing. I look back to 2011 when Howe and Rutt left, and not knowing how long it would take to have another squad like we did in those couple of years. Some people may not agree with how Bono came into UW, with guys leaving and what not, but the whole point of letting Barry go was to change the landscape and instill excitement. Adding Gross and Sebastian can hopefully lead to more graduate transfers in years to come. Add the commitments from in-state guys like Barnett and Mendora, and you can't argue that the administration is standing by their commitment to producing a top tier wrestling program.

I was talking about my own subtle stalking on Twitter.  ;D

I'm super jacked about how things are going. Transitions are never great for anyone, so yeah there are bumps in the road. As you said, the Rutt/Howe departures were far more severe than what we lost during the Davis/Bono switch. I think it is fair to say that we would never have gotten a transfer like Gross (and yes I get that he's a Bono guy) or Sebastian. Heck, Beau Breske wouldn't have come home under the previous staff (IMO).

When Gross announces I'll buy my season tickets. I don't know if the secretary that answers the phone will care why, but I'm telling her anyway.

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on May 15, 2019, 12:51:53 PM

When Gross announces I'll buy my season tickets. I don't know if the secretary that answers the phone will care why, but I'm telling her anyway.

This awesome!!!!

BuckyMatt

Quote from: Ghetto on May 15, 2019, 12:51:53 PM

I was talking about my own subtle stalking on Twitter.  ;D

I'm super jacked about how things are going. Transitions are never great for anyone, so yeah there are bumps in the road. As you said, the Rutt/Howe departures were far more severe than what we lost during the Pritzlaff. I think it is fair to say that we would never have gotten a transfer like Gross (and yes I get that he's a Bono guy) or Sebastian. Heck, Beau Breske wouldn't have come home under the previous staff (IMO).

I think Barry Alvarez said it best when he said "they better get their season tickets now because before long they wont be able to"

https://www.facebook.com/wisconsinbadgers/videos/10154487055966403/

mkm13

Bono just tweeted It's a great day to be a badger.

Gross just tweeted he was admitted into grad school today....

Announcement will be next Tuesday...

Ghetto

Those tweets came back to back in my timeline. I feel like there is no coincidence. 🙏🙏🙏

Numbers

I guess I can wait one more day after years of waiting for next year.

leg turk

Quote from: Numbers on May 27, 2019, 06:08:26 AM
I guess I can wait one more day after years of waiting for next year.

😀 exactly!

wrastle63

Bono had one year of "one more year" and that's his first year.