BADGER LEGENDS CLUB

Started by WRTCSean, February 18, 2019, 02:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRTCSean

KEMP...HELLICKSON...REIN...HAINES

We cannot forget these Wrestling LEGENDS! We need YOU to help us add to this list!

The NEW Badger Regional Training Center Legends Club is an EXCLUSIVE club made up of LEGENDS. Your support will help us continue to train Wrestling LEGENDS in Wisconsin!

We have created FOUR unique membership levels. Each membership level comes with EXCLUSIVE Legends Club gear. The levels are based on YOUR monthly support. The four levels range from Kemp to Haines.

We want to GROW the Badger Regional Training Center and in order to do that, we need YOUR SUPPORT!

JOIN TODAY to become a member of the BRTC Legends Club!

More Info on the Badger Legends Club can be found in the Legends Club tab on the website: https://www.badgerrtc.org/

Announcing the NEW Badger LEGENDS CLUB - https://mailchi.mp/badgerrtc/legendsclub

Ghetto

If you are already giving at some level, would they still be giving out gear?

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

WRTCSean

Anyone currently giving will be rolled into this program and will get gear based off of their giving level!

leg turk

Is there a breakdown on where the money gets spent?  For example.. housing?  And does it only go towards the wrestlers?

Are there any wrestlers enrolled at the BRTC right now?

wrastle63

Quote from: leg turk on February 18, 2019, 08:25:40 PM
Is there a breakdown on where the money gets spent?  For example.. housing?  And does it only go towards the wrestlers?

Are there any wrestlers enrolled at the BRTC right now?
Hard to give a lot when you don't know where it's going.

WRTCSean

Our funding goes 100% towards the BRTC Wrestling Program (ex. athletes, training partners and expenses to run fundraisers). When I arrived to take over as the executive director, the funding was VERY low. Ben, Coach Bono and myself decided to "punt" this year on bringing in athletes in order to save up so we can keep/bring in athletes that are a perfect fit for the program. Funds from the RTC also will pay for a volunteer coach when one is hired.

I'd be more then happy to meet you in person and answer any questions you have about the RTC. Feel free to reach out to me at sean@badgerrtc.org and we can set up a time to talk more.

Thank you,

Sean

BuckyMatt

Quote from: BRTCSean on February 18, 2019, 09:11:29 PM
Our funding goes 100% towards the BRTC Wrestling Program (ex. athletes, training partners and expenses to run fundraisers). When I arrived to take over as the executive director, the funding was VERY low. Ben, Coach Bono and myself decided to "punt" this year on bringing in athletes in order to save up so we can keep/bring in athletes that are a perfect fit for the program. Funds from the RTC also will pay for a volunteer coach when one is hired.

I'd be more then happy to meet you in person and answer any questions you have about the RTC. Feel free to reach out to me at sean@badgerrtc.org and we can set up a time to talk more.

Thank you,

Sean

Although difficult for some fans to get behind because we want immediate results, I agree that "punting" this year was the right call.  Why spend money just to spend money; get the base solid and go from there.

I wish Bono's speech at the start of the Raffle was recorded, he very eloquently explained why having a strong  BRTC is critical to the success of the University Team.  We have to get the right athletes in the BRTC and we have to do it intelligently.

Also, did I hear Bono say that the BRTC is paying to bring in training partners for Hilger?  Because we don't have any other heavy bodies in the room, I think that is money well spent and it is showing in Trent's results this year!

The BRTC and the entire wrestling program is growing, Rome wasn't built in a night.  A TON of positive improvements over years past in all aspects of the program!!  Can't Wait!

wrastle63

Quote from: BRTCSean on February 18, 2019, 09:11:29 PM

Thank you,

Sean
Thanks for the response. It is nice to know what the plan is. Not that everything goes as planned. I am hoping we can get a couple solid RTC athletes and a solid volunteer assistant that will help boost the program.

Ghetto

Dear Wisconsin Wrestling Fans,

We can complain, cry, and whine about our team all day, and we do. We can hope that Coach Bono can make things happen with the current system. One would argue that he's already changed the direction of the program and the tide is turning. He, Reader, McDonough and Askren can't do it alone.

How many of us are giving to the BRTC? The one entity that has more freedom to bring in training partners, create opportunities for Wisconsin wrestlers to pursue greatness beyond their NCAA careers needs to be financially viable to win consistently.

The answer is 13. 13 people give to the BRTC monthly.

Dang.

Step up or shut up.

leg turk

Quote from: Ghetto on March 03, 2019, 01:13:45 PM

We can complain, cry, and whine about our team all day, and we do. We can hope that Coach Bono can make things happen with the current system. One would argue that he's already changed the direction of the program and the tide is turning. He, Reader, McDonough and Askren can't do it alone.

How many of us are giving to the BRTC? The one entity that has more freedom to bring in training partners, create opportunities for Wisconsin wrestlers to pursue greatness beyond their NCAA careers needs to be financially viable to win consistently.

Dang.

Step up or shut up.

Where did you find that info?

WRTCSean

I shared that number with the wrestling alumni in a recent e-mail. When launching the Legends Club, we only had six individuals making a monthly contribution. With the Legends Club, we created our lowest tier starting at just $10/month.

We are hoping to keep our seniors (all three of them) involved upon completing their schooling in May. To make this a reality, we need to get that 13 closer to 300. I hope that you all will consider becoming a member and help us push wrestling forward in Wisconsin!

Badger Legends Club: https://www.badgerrtc.org/legendsclub

Feel free to reach out to me with ANY questions.

Ghetto

Let's step up people. We want a top five program in this state. In order to do that, the BRTC has to be equivalent to the Penn State/Ohio State regional training centers. It can't be done with no donors. While Ben Askren's MMA career in the UFC will allow him to not need a salary, he should be paid. Athletes need money to live on. Having Olympic level training partners sharpens the iron of the college guys. This isn't a secret.

It doesn't happen with 13 donors.

Go donate. You won't miss the $10 a month.

https://www.badgerrtc.org/financial-support

mkm13

I feel like there could be an uptick in donations after there is an actual wrestler in the BRTC that you know you are donating toward.  I understand why there was not an athlete in an effort to save money (I agree with the move), but it also likely held back a few donations as well with no athlete there.

The events over the last year to generate money were a great start, and I think the upcoming year should be even better with donations when people know which wrestlers are benefiting from the donation.

bigoil

Dang.

Step up or shut up.

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on March 04, 2019, 08:14:23 AM

Dang.

Step up or shut up.