Iowa

Started by leg turk, February 11, 2019, 09:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

G...I wonder who told you that npope? ;D ;D

BuckyMatt

Quote from: npope on February 12, 2019, 09:26:35 PM
My brother just told me on the phone that tickets for the dual were about $52 a pop - is that true?

I just bought 5 online through UWBadgers.com for $5 for kids and $7 for adults!

BuckyMatt

We should play "Predict the Attendance".

If Minnesota was 2000 on a Friday night after the Stoughton/Milton dual, I'm going to guess 3000!

Anyone else?

bigoil

Quote from: BuckyMatt on February 13, 2019, 09:29:35 AM
We should play "Predict the Attendance".

If Minnesota was 2000 on a Friday night after the Stoughton/Milton dual, I'm going to guess 3000!

Anyone else?
Can we get to 5,000?

TomM

#Fillthechairs

Who 'owns' those matside seats that are vacant at duals? Those people need to get butts in those seats.

It is appreciated people purchased those seats to support the program. That's great.
Seeing them empty is like a sore thumb, to me anyhow.

Great Seats for Iowa at Wisconsin Sunday, February 17, 2019 2pm
If you have reserved seats (Matside Etc) Make sure they are used!
UW has the ticket forwarding to make it easy to send to people.

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/2015/8/21/GEN_20140101135.aspx
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Quote from: BuckyMatt on February 13, 2019, 09:15:35 AM
My brother just told me on the phone that tickets for the dual were about $52 a pop - is that true?

I am guessing people are paying $50 for reserved seating not general admission.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 13, 2019, 11:14:06 AM
Quote from: BuckyMatt on February 13, 2019, 09:15:35 AM

I am guessing people are paying $50 for reserved seating not general admission.

I have two reserved seats I'll happily sell for $50 each :)

bkraus

If attendance is 5000, I bet half will be wearing black and yellow.  I do agree with the mat side seats.  It sucks seeing half of them empty for a dual.  I am a season ticket holder, and got my tickets for $45 a seat.
Strive for Perfection

bigoil

Quote from: bkraus on February 13, 2019, 12:53:47 PM
If attendance is 5000, I bet half will be wearing black and yellow.  I do agree with the mat side seats.  It sucks seeing half of them empty for a dual.  I am a season ticket holder, and got my tickets for $45 a seat.
Not too many empty but they guard the area like it is Fort Knox. I have 4 seats down there and had 8 people but you can't fill them up.

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on February 13, 2019, 01:25:32 PM
Not too many empty but they guard the area like it is Fort Knox. I have 4 seats down there and had 8 people but you can't fill them up.

Agree.  That's why I think they are pushing that ticket exchange deal, if you aren't going to use them, give them to someone that will so they're filled.  I know the seats around mine have been empty

bigoil

I noticed your end was pretty sparse!

bkraus

Quote from: imwi on February 13, 2019, 01:41:11 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 13, 2019, 01:25:32 PM

Agree.  That's why I think they are pushing that ticket exchange deal, if you aren't going to use them, give them to someone that will so they're filled.  I know the seats around mine have been empty

I thought it was that lack of showering thing you were trying out!   :P ;D
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Surprised there isn't more chatter. I am excited to see the Barn and the atmosphere against a top 5 team like Iowa. I think we realistically can win 5 matches, but will likely lose based on bonus points.

bigoil

should we bet whether Stoll wrestles?

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on February 15, 2019, 09:22:56 AM
should we bet whether Stoll wrestles?

Are you implying it comes down to the heavyweight match?