Midlands Results Thread

Started by TomM, December 28, 2018, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

What I find interesting is that some find his behaviour absolutely deplorable yet continue to draw attention to him by continuing the debate. So he gets what he wants attention to himself and his program as well as wrestling overall.

A what boring world we would live in without something to talk about or debate...... ;D

padre

Major difference between supporting your athletes and making the sport look foolish(Seems WWEish at times).  His tirades have become tiresome for me and to the point he complains about so much to such an extraordinary level it's hard to justify which argument he MAY be correct.

head57

Quote from: ramjet on January 01, 2019, 12:11:43 PM
What I find interesting is that some find his behaviour absolutely deplorable yet continue to draw attention to him by continuing the debate. So he gets what he wants attention to himself and his program as well as wrestling overall.

A what boring world we would live in without something to talk about or debate...... ;D

I don't follow. Talking about trash behavior does not condone trash behavior. I don't agree that all PR is good PR.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

ramjet

Quote from: head57 on January 01, 2019, 01:53:18 PM

I don't follow. Talking about trash behavior does not condone trash behavior. I don't agree that all PR is good PR.

You don't follow yet you posted mmmmm interesting.

MNbadger

We continue the debate because we see it as negative to our sport.  I find it interesting that many of us are critical if a wrestler throws their headgear or refuse to shake hands, etc. (if one of my wrestlers did that...... if my son did that.....)but we like the same kind of behavior when it comes from a coach?!?!  

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Wrestling Thug

Only the guys that continue to debate and think this is negative find it critical on wrestlers throwing headgear and shaking hands! Us others understand the passion, mindset, and physicality it takes to thrive!
Quote from: MNbadger on January 01, 2019, 06:54:20 PM
We continue the debate because we see it as negative to our sport.  I find it interesting that many of us are critical if a wrestler throws their headgear or refuse to shake hands, etc. (if one of my wrestlers did that...... if my son did that.....)but we like the same kind of behavior when it comes from a coach?!?! 

ramjet

We continue the debate because we see it as negative to our sport.  I find it interesting that many of us are critical if a wrestler throws their headgear or refuse to shake hands, etc. (if one of my wrestlers did that...... if my son did that.....)but we like the same kind of behavior when it comes from a coach?!?!  

Ok I will play what should be done to him and who should do it?

I will get some popcorn and wait for your response.

head57

Quote from: ramjet on January 01, 2019, 06:52:39 PM
Quote from: head57 on January 01, 2019, 01:53:18 PM

You don't follow yet you posted mmmmm interesting.

I meant that I didn't follow your line of reasoning. Your point seemed illogical.

Not so interesting...
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

head57

Quote from: ramjet on January 01, 2019, 08:46:04 PM

What is the typical penalty for u sportsmanlike conduct?

What if a spectator went up to an official after a match, out a finger in his face, and yelled "You suck!"?
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

bigG

Quote from: mkm13 on December 31, 2018, 10:10:10 AM
He is representing his team and the university in a college sport.  Yelling and whining to the refs is fine within reason, but I think it is pretty terrible for the sport and unniversity for a coach to be challenging fans or parents of athletes to fights in a parking lot, no matter the circumatance.

Overall, it might be good for wrestling. Brands makes a great crabby loser. I know I love watching him when one of his guys loses. Meanwhile, the real champions keep their cool. As long as he doesn't represent us, I'll keep enjoying his idiocy. It will so make my day if we beat them in a dual. I just love when the laid back "have fun and focus" boys from PSU smoke the Hawkeyes.

What does bother me is the way the legacy of Iowa (Gable won with class) is no longer carried on. They've evolved into a crybaby runner up, when they're at their best. Too bad, I used to love the Hawkeyes. Now, they're comic relief.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on January 01, 2019, 08:03:09 PM
Only the guys that continue to debate and think this is negative find it critical on wrestlers throwing headgear and shaking hands! Us others understand the passion, mindset, and physicality it takes to thrive!

Do you think Cael Sanderson understands the passion, mindset, physicality? Must not want to thrive as much. Or, does Cael win by luck? Keep watching him use Brands as his doormat, and enjoy. I know I'll love every minute. Long live dah Brands bros. Might be out best chance to beat IA in the future.

bigG

Quote from: head57 on January 01, 2019, 11:13:33 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 01, 2019, 08:46:04 PM

What is the typical penalty for u sportsmanlike conduct?

What if a spectator went up to an official after a match, out a finger in his face, and yelled "You suck!"?

The ref could have dinged him, right?

ramjet

Thanks G that's my point!

If those in a position to do something are not or do not feel they can then what's to debate?

Ref ?
NCAA ?
Iowa AD ?

Wrestling Thug

Elite programs do have different ways of handling crap situations. They do figure out what works for them. Why compare Cael to Brands or Cael to anyone!? Cael is Cael and Brands is Brands and you are you. They each have good programs and run them different! My point is stop being sensitive sissys about words that were said in the heat of the moment and rightfully said! I will side with any other coach that shows that kind of passion too! Remember how Cael acted when DT lost to Cox!? Throwing a chair isn't cool! This is a COMBAT SPORT guys!
Quote from: bigG on January 02, 2019, 08:45:25 AM
Quote from: Wrestling Thug on January 01, 2019, 08:03:09 PM
We continue the debate because we see it as negative to our sport.  I find it interesting that many of us are critical if a wrestler throws their headgear or refuse to shake hands, etc. (if one of my wrestlers did that...... if my son did that.....)but we like the same kind of behavior when it comes from a coach?!?! 

Do you think Cael Sanderson understands the passion, mindset, physicality? Must not want to thrive as much. Or, does Cael win by luck? Keep watching him use Brands as his doormat, and enjoy. I know I'll love every minute. Long live dah Brands bros. Might be out best chance to beat IA in the future.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on January 02, 2019, 02:19:43 PM
Thanks G that's my point!

If those in a position to do something are not or do not feel they can then what's to debate?

Ref ?
NCAA ?
Iowa AD ?

I get you; but if a parent goes ballistic, and no one calls them on it, are they still an idiot.